lawrocket

No Alcohol April - Rules and Guidance

Honestly, you'll be amazed at how hard it is to do this...

um... it isn't hard at all... I don't think I've had anything to drink in something like three months... (I think I had a couple on new years... but I probably shouldn't have... :|)

It's hard when it's a habitual part of your life.

I'm debating doing this, but I will need a dispensation: I can't, in good conscience, buy beer for my 600th without being able to drink some of it :P.

If Dave's in I want odds on him, he's Irish and in Australia, there is NO way he can do a month:D:D:D:D:D

I'm in too, but it should be a doddle for me given i havn't had a drink in over 15 years
what are my odds:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

fuck this.. my birthday is Sunday. Good luck you quiters.

/mumbles losers the lot of ya..

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

I should have been drinking more this past week, to build up my alcohol stores. :D

Im still considering this, problems are many:
Tonight is our housewarming party.
Tommorow night a hypothetically large party at the farm.
April 7th I have 4 tickets to a B-Ball game, in our company suite.
April 8th is the first cheesy bake evening at the drop zone, and cheesey bake goes really well with Sweetwater pale ale!
april 14th is my Hotties Bday.

who the hell picked april!?:S:P
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

How many people want the last weekend of April free? I'm thinking there are a lot of you. Notice...I didn't say yes yet, I'm just wondering. ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I've got a similar problem to yardhippie's

I am going to cut way back this month, but Saturday I'm going to a wine tasting/arts festival and Monday is the meeting of my homebrew club.

Also, if they catch Osama Bin Laden, Aymen al Zawahri or Abdul al Zarqawi in April, there's gonna be some drinking.:P:D
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Dang. It looks like I may be participating in a 5k at Santa Anita racetrack On Sat. April 8. I'm told the race finishes at the KROQ microbrew fest and there is horse racing all day. (It gives me delirium tremens just thinking about it. Actually, "Delirium Tremens" is a good beer, which double the dt's.)

I'm faced with my first real temptation, but maybe I'll just be a designated driver.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I can handle that weekend, or the 22nd... :S

I'm starting off sick, I have absolutely no desire to drink this weekend.... it feels like I have a toxic waste dump in my head right now. :D

Good luck all!!!

g

Raddest ho this side of Jersey #1 - rest in peace brother
Beth lost her cherry and I missed it
.... you want access to it, but you don't want to break it.

I just turned 21 less than 2 months ago and have been drinking way too much for my own good.... so count me in! No alcohol April.... almost impossible being in college, but I'll do it!!

Maybe I'll be able to afford that canopy course after not drinking for awhile..... no more tree and runway landings for me!

PMS #449 TPM #80 Muff Brother #3860
SCR #14705 Dirty Sanchez #233

Kelly apparently took me seriously on my "No Alcohol April" idea. I find this to be nice and admirable of her. She appears to be serious. Well, I am VERY serious about it.

I'm in.
No alcohol of any kind in April.

Of course I've been clean and sober 10 years this week so it wont be much of a hardship for me ;)
__

My mighty steed

2) the weight we may lose by eliminating a few hundred or thousand calories per week (some of us can expect to lose in excess of 5 or 10 pounds);
================================
Its not that I think you have a bad idea, I don't. But I just felt the need to put this statement into perspective because misconceptions like this are the reason most people are failing at their diets. 10 pounds for anybody to loose must equal a 35,000 calorie deficit in their diet. The average beer has in it about 130 calories. That means the 10 pounds you are referring to being lost (if by beer) require the person to have otherwise drank about 270 beers in that month. Divide that by 30 days and that person would have drank 9 beers a day.

Anybody that drinks 9 beers a day, everyday is already and alcoholic and has more serious issues than loosing ten pounds.
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

Anybody that drinks 9 beers a day, everyday is already and alcoholic and has more serious issues than loosing ten pounds.

Your point?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Your point?

That anybody who drinks so much alcohol that, in one month of eliminating alcohol, looses 10 pounds, already has the big L tattooed on his or her forehead. Also for somebody who is already so dependent on alcohol chances are that those calories will be more than made up elsewhere, sweets, sodas, bagels with cream cheese, etc....

In other words for most its an unrealistic expectation.
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

While it's true that eliminating alcohol alone may not contribute to weight loss, there may be some nice ancillary effects that come from eliminating alcohol... drinking (and especially drinking to excess) often leads to higher consumption of food, particularly at times of the day/night when people wouldn't ordinarily eat anything at all (the 1 a.m. run to Denny's or the Waffle House, for example, or "let's order a plate of nachos for the table").

I am much more likely to play more fast and loose with my own rules and food plan if I've already tossed back a few. That's why when I'm really hard-core about health, I also cut way back on the alcohol, not just for the calories in the drinks themselves, but also because of the residual effects.

also if you knock back more than a few on the weekends, you'll probably sleep later the next morning & not get out & exercise as much. But still Steel's right, 10 lbs in one month just from eliminating alcohol probably isn't too realistic.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------