gravitational

RJ145 blew 2 tires on takeoff from IAH (Houston Intercontinental)

was supposed to go to MSP.

Gee that's helpful;)

That's Minneapolis to the rest of us.

:$ oops...Sorry, travel too much and know the airport codes where I go too much.

Tail number N12166 - the avaition 'expert' they have talking right now is saying that there has not been a fatality in this fleet of aircraft.
------
Michael

Tail number N12166 - the avaition 'expert' they have talking right now is saying that there has not been a fatality in this fleet of aircraft.

I HATE it when football announcers say that!!>:( ....... "He has NEVER missed a field goal from within 25 yards in his career.......here's the snap........OOOOOO HE SHANKED IT....NO GOOD..."

Good luck to them!

I don't see anything on any news websites. You would think this would be a big deal. I don't see how they can land safely at all with no useable whells on one side of the plane. Hell, that jet that landed last year with the twisted front nose gear made the front page!!

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

gee they make big deal out of it . tires blow out quite often... just land on the rims... problem is rims are made of Magnesium and when they get hot as in scraping runway they ingite and make their own O2 supply too.. very nasty type fire to put out. Sand works great on it.

all in all I think news media made a big deal over nothing...

Good Job the Crew done! I was on a plane a CRJ 200 ( that holds *50* PAX when filled up) (oh, yea... N176MJ) We blew 4 tires upon landing in KGSP. The smell of rubber was unreal as the vent opened up in the main door. To my suprise, Mesa Airlines had their MX truck there with All new tires for the aircraft waiting for us at the gate. Later I found out that tires had been blowing all day on Mesa Aircraft and they decided to change all of the fleets tires.

To add to the ERJ tire fire. Eagle had one go off the runway today in ORD. Left tire blowout also.