riddler

Illegal Drugs

The best years of my life have been the clean & sober ones.
JJ

Agreed B|. Allthough Im sure glad I did what I did. (edit)-without dying.

dropdeded

------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

Sunshine:

I've found that the peer pressure actually can go away. First, I've never tried an illegal drug in my life. I really enjoy alcohol and used to have a big issue with my love of nicotine from the Army days. I just always knew I was a very addictive personality, and if I tried those drugs I'd like them - A LOT!!!! This would be bad.

However, I've always drawn the line at anything illegal. Nobody ever had a doubt in their minds as to where I stood on personal use. My friends who smoked out realized that I didn't do it, and once they knew I was not curious about it, they never pressured me.

As I've gone on in years, I have discovered that many of my friends and associates (actually, the vast majority of them) enjoy the wacky weed. Almost all of them view my non-use the way the Romans viewed chastity - a good, fantastic and wonderful quality of character that was best found in others.

Sometimes stoned friends can be a lot of fun if you wanna bust their balls!

In the end, it is a matter of mutual respect. I respect their wishes to do it, and they equally respect my wishes not to do it. They also respect that they will have none of that stuff if they are riding in my car.

If they do not respect my wishes, they are not worthy of my respect, and those I do not respect are not my peers. If you don't fit in with them, sunshine, then they really aren't your peers.

Then again, it sounds as if you feel like you don't fit in with them. Odds are, they do not have a problem with you. I'd wage money that they respect you for not doing it. It's something that I've found about the recreational user after early college years. Don't bend, and they'll look at you just fine. :)
Some of us out there have too much to lose by even trying it, such as a well-paying career.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Yep...been there done that...got my ass kicked. The best most rowdy buzz I EVER experienced was that first and most recent skydive. Oh yeah and all the ones in between. Work hard, play hard and be careful!!
;)B|

L.A.S.T. #24
Co-Founder Biscuit Brothers Freefly Team
Electric Toaster #3
Co-Founder Team Non Sequitor
Co-Founder Team Happy Sock

LSD. By far, the mst powerful chemical known to mankind. If you doubt the powers of LSD, just drop a little and find out.

i could use a trip right now..... to bad it would probly mean jail time..... oh to be free to do drugs again......damn military......

If I want to get high I buy a jump ticket. Nothing better!

B|

If you have to get off your head to get happy or chilled out then you need to change your life.

When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Yeah LSD was one of my favorites. Total reality break. Fun things to do on acid:

Go to the drag races
Drive on dark roads in a rain storm
Drive on dark roads in a snow storm (awesome visual)
Go to a really good haunted house, right after watching Halloween 1.
Poor the liquid from a glow stick onto a frisbee and throw it. (I suggest a dark night, no streelt lights)
Go in a dark tent and decorate it with the liquid from the glow sticks. (I suggest about 3 boxes)

Worse thing to do on acid:
Stay home alone and listen to the voices coming from the attic.
JJ

"Call me Darth Balls"

LSD. By far, the mst powerful chemical known to mankind. If you doubt the powers of LSD, just drop a little and find out.

i could use a trip right now..... to bad it would probly mean jail time..... oh to be free to do drugs again......damn military......

A working LSD and Psylocibin dosis is in the mid µG zone.
Its nearly impossible to test this substances with standard blood and urine test.
Only the high expensive hair-analysis will work eventually.

This is no pemission to fly your jet-plane on trip. ;) B|

Not so... DMT is the most powerful halucinogen known to man.

A artificial DMT-Derivat ist the most powerfull hallucinogen known in the world.

And we should never forget amphetamin derivates like DOM!
This substance made all this hippies nuts in the 60/70.

one drug you have all missed is salvia (salvia divinorum)

most people dont know about it because its LEGAL. if you read up on it you'll find out out its chemically impossible to get hooked or killed on the stuff and id bet all my money that you couldnt get psycologically addicted.

most people who try dont smoke it properly so they dont reallise how powerfull it is. smoke it pure in a bong (get 20 strength). you'll trip your arse off for 2-3 mins and then be normal like before you smoked it maybe 20 mins later. i havent done acid but ive been told its effects are just a strong as "party" acid. i ve definitely left this world on it a few times and had some very interesting "trips". as with all halleucinogens, do it a lot and it will screw with your head a bit.

http://www.sagewisdom.org/faq.html

edit to add : i believe its what the indian dream catchers used to smoke.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading."

The SALVIA Experiential Rating Scale

Level -1 "S stands for SUBTLE effects." A feeling that "something" is happening, although it is difficulty to say just what. Relaxation and increased sensual appreciation may be noted. This mild level is useful for meditation and may facilitate sexual pleasure.
Level - 2 "A stands for ALTERED perception." Colors and textures are paid attention to. Appreciation of music may be enhanced. Space may appear of greater or lesser depth than is usual. But visions do not occur at this level. Thinking becomes less logical, and more playful; short term memory difficulties are may be noted.

Level - 3 "L" stands for LIGHT visionary state." Closed eye visuals (clear imagery with eyes closed: fractal patterns, vinelike and geometric patterns, visions of objects and designs). The imagery is often two dimensional. If open eyed visual effects occur these are usually vague and fleeting. At this level phenomena similar to the hypnagogic phenomena that some people experience at sleep onset occur. At this level visions are experienced as "eye candy" but are not confused with reality.

Level - 4 "V stands for VIVID visionary state." Complex three dimensional realistic appearing scenes occur. Sometimes voices may be heard. With eyes open contact with consensual reality will not be entirely lost, but when you close your eyes you may forget about consensus reality and enter completely into a dreamlike scene. Shamanistic journeying to other lands, foreign or imaginary; encounters with beings, entities, spirits; or travels to other ages may occur. You may even live the life of another person. At this level you have entered the shaman's world. Or if you prefer you are in "dream time." With eyes closed you experience fantasies (dream like happenings, with a story line to them). So long as your eyes are closed you may believe they are really occurring. This differs from the "eye candy" closed eye imagery, of level 3.

Level - 5 "I" stands for IMMATERIAL existence." At this level consciousness remains and some thought processes are still lucid, but one becomes completely involved in inner experience and loses all contact with consensual reality. Individuality may be lost; one experiences merging with God/dess, mind, universal consciousness, or bizarre fusions with other objects real or imagined, e.g. merging with a wall may be experienced. At this level it is impossible to function in consensual reality, but unfortunately some people do not remain still but move around in this befuddled state. For this reason a sitter is essential to ensure the safety of someone voyaging to the inner levels. To the person experiencing this, the phenomenon may be terrifying or exceedingly pleasant; but to an outside observer the individual may appear confused or disoriented.

Level 6 - "A stands for AMNESIC effects " At this stage either consciousness is lost; or at least one is unable to later recall what one is experiencing. The individual may fall, or remain immobile or thrash around; somnambulistic behavior may occur; injuries can be sustained without pain being felt; on awakening the individual will have no recollection of what he/she did, experienced or said in level 6. People cannot ever recall what they experience in this very deep trance state. This is not a sought after level as later nothing can be recalled of the experience.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading."

Used to be a pot head in High School and then on and off until 2001. I smoked before a big snowboard competitions which help me relax and focus. Some of the best powder days I ever had where lighting up on the lift and then flying down the hill. I don't regret any second of it;). I stopped smoking pot about 6 years ago when I got a real job.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Not in all countries of the world is Salvia (salvinorin) legal.
In Germany its partially under the Law from AMG.
I know probands wich have no effects from salvia after 5-6 strong dosen.

However: Salvia is a strong hallucinogen (hard drug in my eyes) and can destroy your psyche, like other hallucinogens.

Some of us out there have too much to lose by even trying it, such as a well-paying career.

Kinda funny how your priorities change!:$

I've done the whole book...then replaced THAT addiction with a $$$ jones!:ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

one drug you have all missed is salvia (salvia divinorum)

most people dont know about it because its LEGAL. if you read up on it you'll find out out its chemically impossible to get hooked or killed on the stuff and id bet all my money that you couldnt get psycologically addicted.

most people who try dont smoke it properly so they dont reallise how powerfull it is. smoke it pure in a bong (get 20 strength). you'll trip your arse off for 2-3 mins and then be normal like before you smoked it maybe 20 mins later. i havent done acid but ive been told its effects are just a strong as "party" acid. i ve definitely left this world on it a few times and had some very interesting "trips". as with all halleucinogens, do it a lot and it will screw with your head a bit.

http://www.sagewisdom.org/faq.html

edit to add : i believe its what the indian dream catchers used to smoke.

Oh, I haven't forgotten about Salvia;).
I tried her about 6 years ago and didn't get any effects... but I recently tried her again while in Brazil while on an Ayahuasca journey. I hit level 6, which is a bit disappointing since I was wanting to remember something. One of the things that I have witnessed when people try this herb is that uncontrollable laughter occurs. I'm not sure if it's out of pure fright or just sheer amazement.
Slavia is a very strong hallicinogen and should be taken wisely and only for spirtual journeys, in my opinion. Salvia along with a few other entheogens should not be used for recreational purposes because the user will not get the true meaning behind the colors and visions and therefore only see the 'drug' as a 'drug' and not what it really is... which in my opinion is a mind expanding, ego busting, inner-self exploratory device.
As you said it is not physically addictive like most 'drugs', in fact none of the 'drugs' I list as entheogens are addictive. Natural drugs such as mushrooms, salvia, marajuana, kratom, iboga, peyote, lsd and ayahuasca to name a few, if used correctly, are here to help us see what is truly important in life. They help us to break free from the mental chains that bind us in this reality and also stop addictions that may be destroying us.
These 'drugs' are truly mind expanders and it's a damn shame they are looked at with such disgust by the general public. The world governments have done a great job of scaring 'us' into believing we will go crazy by trying these entheogens.

Always be safe when trying new things and remember that the 'Set and Setting' play a huge role in what you may or may not get out of your experience;). Oh and have a sitter to help you in case you start to freak:P

Jason

Not in all countries of the world is Salvia (salvinorin) legal.
In Germany its partially under the Law from AMG.

Salvia possession is typically not illegal, but there are (unfortunately) very specific laws regarding Salvia possession in St. Peters, Missouri as well as Louisiana and some other states. See:http://www.erowid.org/plants/salvia/salvia_law.shtml for more info. (I've found that Erowid is a very good resource for information about different drugs, regardless of your personal stance on use.)

It's unfortunate that laws like this are being written because, as Jason said, alot of these chemicals and substances can be quite enjoyable and enlightening but not necessarily addictive given the right circumstances.

As most people here have said though, it's all about mutual respect. I've tried my share of substances and don't really have a desire to try some others, but I have friends who do and friends who do a lot of other things. As long as everyone knows who wants to do what with their lives and they don't shun someone else because they've made different choices everyone get's along just fine.

"Ignorance is bliss" and "Patience is a virtue"... So if you're stupid and don't mind waiting around for a while, I guess you can have a pretty good life!

I've been known to partake in a few things in my younger years I'll take the 5th on.... now it's mostly just good import beer , good whiskey and a lil toke every now and then as far as the partaking goes lol.
~He who looks outside his own heart dreams, he who looks inside his own heart awakens - Carl Jung~

My Space