ladyskydiver

weekend Numbers June 3-4, 2006

For those who are new or forget the numbers....

humps (or other significant number): jumps: cases of beer owed/paid

0: 1: 0
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

0:0:1

No jumping for me, but I did pay up my beer owed for first jumps at Northwest Skydivers in April. Weather held out for a beautiful day yesterday so I made a social call to the DZ and had a wonderful afternoon/evening.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

0 (as if...):6:0

took the day off from studying yesterday to do some jumping... did three RW jumps of various size... and 3 RW camera jumps... (will up load the videos later this week... I'm getting better but I still need lots of practice)

right now I should be studying... but frankly I don't really want to study... :|:P

edited to add I got a signature from A-666 >:( this weekend... and to boot he's been giving me a number of awesome pointers for flying camera... B|

Edited to add... I also ran into some people up from Skydive monroe to pick up a trailer... B|
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

right now I should be studying... but frankly I don't really want to study... :|:P

So should I be. I left the DZ early to get back to study. Need to log off DZ.com. :D
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Go study, ya slackers!

(I am *so* glad I finished up my last degree in 1997 before the internet really became the heinous time-suck it is today!).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

So should I be. I left the DZ early to get back to study. Need to log off DZ.com. :D

All that will do is get people talking about you(your family)... making fun of you... and generally taking bets on when you'll come back... http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2258367;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

I'm not sure who won... :D

Go study, ya slackers!

(I am *so* glad I finished up my last degree in 1997 before the internet really became the heinous time-suck it is today!).

hey... I'm being a slacker here... leave me alone.... :P:S:D

0:2:1

A great, but exhausting, weekend! I went to Goshen Friday night since I had to wake up early on Saturday for 4 hours of bellydancing workshops. I was in a show that night, and I crashed after that. This morning, I made two freaking awesome skydives at Goshen, then I headed over to my nephew's birthday party (Happy Birthday, Jay!!!!!)

Phew!
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

:(:3:0

MAN has this been a long week.

Just 3 jumps for me on Saturday.. a Tandem Video and a little Porter RW with Jim...and then Shannons Memorial Dive.

Today was a cieling about 200 ft and rain...:|

The screen grabs are from my Sony PC-330 with a .42 lens.... It looked a WHOLE lot closer in freefall:)

0:2:2

First chute packing friday night (apparently i owe a case, but im a bit suss on this one).

Two Stage 4 AFF jumps saturday, failed both times. First jump, spun clockwise for the entire freefall aside when JM had a hold of me.

Second jump, flat, stable and maintained hover and heading control for 30 seconds woo hoooo!!! Looking at my alti fixed that, i spun clockwise for the rest of the dive. I arched hard and slowed enough to dump, but had pilot chute hesitation, a really hard opening (im so sore) and terrible line twists! :o

I self medicated saturday night (beer!), too hungover to jump saturday, but went for a ride in the XL anyway, kept the pilot company and in trurn he did some groovy manouvres and had me bouncing around in the seat, and yahooing the whole way down lol

Needless to say, im doing Stage 4 again next weekend, they are even putting training wheels back on (back to two JMs) argg! But a good learning weekend. ;)

My packing is good, my exits are great, my landings are perfect (unassisted now - another case), just the bit in the middle i need to work on *grins* its all about the legs/arms. :D