kturnau

Can you hear it? Cell phone ringtone

That was very strange. I'm 30 and have suffered from tinnitus (constant ringing) in both ears all my life. I could tell when the tone started because it sounded like somebody turned up the volume on the ringing in my ears- that tone matches what I hear everyday almost perfectly. After a couple seconds, the tone just blended perfectly with the ringing, and I never heard it stop. I know it must've stopped, but I can't really tell. Very strange.

Matt

Won't state my age, and I couldn't hear it.

I tested my 18 year old to see if it really was true that they could hear it.

He was in the kitchen fixing lunch and I played the ring tone. He came out of the kitchen and asked what that noise was.

Does any one know where the kids can download that ring tone?
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Can't hear a thing, and I really cranked the sound up.

I do think my poor cat heard it, even though she's about 14 or 15yrs. old - she came into the room and meowed at me in a strange way like "What's goin' on?"
"...I've learned that while the "needs" in life are important (food, water, shelter), it's the "wants" in life (ice cream, chocolate, sex) that make it worth the effort." Kbordson

I can barely hear it, so I voted no. I have my speakers cranked up as loud as they go. I'm over 50. My 22 year old and my 25 year old here are telling me to stop it - it's hurting their ears.

Vint
. . . . .
"Make it hard again." Doc Ed

“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free” Nikos Kazantzakis

I'm 46. Let's say that once it is downloaded onto my mobile, I play it at max volume with loudspeaker on and with same mobile at 2"-5 cm off my ear, I can hear a hissing high frequency sound, very, very feeble. I can hear "something".
When played on PC: nothing. No sound at all.
So, let's say that if it is played on somebody else's mobile at least at 3 ft-1 m distance, for me it would be IMPOSSIBLE to hear. Yeah, I'm old :(
Stay safe out there
Blue Skies and Soft Walls
BASE #689 - base_689AT_NO_123_SPAMyahoo.com

I think I am going to get this downloaded some how and preview it at random times in a crowd to see how many people start looking around. :S:D:S

A man will do anything for the right woman,
and when that woman destroys him,
that man will become a hunk of meat with the common sense of a rodeo clown! ~ Christopher Titus

in the UK they were using these types of tones in areas whre they didnot want young people hanging about.
apparently it worked and they went somewhere else and cause havock:D:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Um, I'm confused. I expected to be struggling to hear it, but it's very clear to me (even with the volume low) and doesn't even sound that high-pitched.

But maybe the fact that I didn't find it annoying means there is something wrong with my ears anyway :)
Beats me how anybody wouldn't be able to hear it. Weird...

I'm 30 & even with my speakers on the lowest setting it's loud & anoying as hell!!

But then again, when you turn off the cable but leave the the TV on - there's a slight buzzz & I can hear that from like 50' away - upstairs & down the hall it annoys me. It's a curse to be able to hear so well!

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)