bch7773

A co-worker smells... what do I do?

For example, I have an Indian friend who constantly jokes other Indian associates about smelling like curry

you hit the nail dead on. Unfortionately there is no other indian guys there.

I guess I will have to go with anonymous message, or just telling him in the car.

MB 3528, RB 1182

Two choices:

- up front and personal
Hey! You smell like shit and the cologne is even worse

- make it SEP
kick him out of the carpool and make it Someone Else's Problem
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I would seriously caution you about going down the HR route. With all the PC stuff today, I was told I was being harassing by complaining about the way a women smelled in my office - in my case, the woman has to BATHE in fuckin' Vanilla spray...it's so bad I actually hold my breathe when I go down there. I can literally taste the smell of her when I'm over there B|>:( I'd welcome a little BO down there to dilute the horrific smell.

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky..." - Jimi Hendrix

speaking of harrassment:

A woman stormed into her bosses office & said "I want to file a complaint of sexual harrassment against Mark Smith from the shipping department!"

Boss asks, "Why, what did he do?"

"We were in the elevator together & he told me my hair smells nice!"

"Is that all? What's so terrible about that?"

"He's a MIDGET!!"
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

A woman stormed into her bosses office & said "I want to file a complaint of sexual harrassment against Mark Smith from the shipping department!"

Boss asks, "Why, what did he do?"

"We were in the elevator together & he told me my hair smells nice!"

"Is that all? What's so terrible about that?"

"He's a MIDGET!!"

LOL!!! :D:D
We are all engines of karma

kick him out of the carpool and make it Someone Else's Problem

Many years ago, when I lived in San Francisco, there was a man who lived in my building that I became friends with. He had developed a very simple rule for dealing with these situations in life:

1) Accept it.
2) Change it.
3) Eliminate it.

He used #3 alot.
We are all engines of karma

I dont know what to tell ya. I knew someone that was the same way (except he didnt take a cologne bath everyday, and I think he wore deodorant, but he was just a sweaty smelly guy) and no one could tell him he stunk like B.O.! And I never understood how his g/f could stand it, she always smelled nice, and he would just wreak! :S
No one wanted to tell him because we didnt want to hurt his feelings, so I really dont think there is a nice way to do it!

my body, my choice

Anonymously leave deodorant on his desk with a post it attached saying "use me."

Recently, though, he's been using cologne to "mask" the problem... I'm afraid he might take the deodorant thing a little too far, too. I believe it boils down to basic bathing habits.

Ah well, I'm not on this project all that much longer and my olfactory glands have almost desensitized. I've moved into the "accept it" phase, I think...

Anonymously leave deodorant on his desk with a post it attached saying "use me."

:D:D:D:D

Seriosuly, what I'd do is just randomly start sniffing...and then say, "Oh my Gawd! Do I smell? Am I stinky? Hmm, maybe that deodarant is wearing off a bit too soon."

'Course that may not work; mebbe they'll start saying, "Yeah, man! I've been living with your BO in here for months, you dirty scumbag!" :P

>sniff< -Am I stinky? :o I am of French descent! [:/]
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Eagerly awaiting the responses to this one because I've been dealing with it (small conference room!) for a couple months now. I haven't figured out a good way to do it.[:/]

Hi NW

Buy a 6 pack of car deoderizers (rear view mirror type) and place them under the seats in the conference room:P

let us know if anyone notices.

R.I.P.

I was told I was being harassing by complaining about the way a women smelled in my office

That's why I can't have a "regular" job. :D

You know, I guess that I have it pretty good so far in my job as far as that one situation goes. For example, if we had a stinky kid as a student the other students would say... "Yoh, you stink" and I would be the one saying... "Be nice! Maybe he or she came from gym and forgot their deordant." Kids get the message or I send them to the nurse or gym teacher/ health teacher to help fix the problem. Kids are so honest it's wonderful. And cruel. At least my classroom smells decent. However, if they don't like my perfume they will shout it off the damn rooftops. :S