weegegirl

Memorial Jump for GFD

Well.. today was the big day at Byron.. We had our King Air and the Pac750. We had tons of people, we had some tandems and AFF.. We were running both planes.. things were starting to look great.. except for the Byron winds.. kinda hanging at 12-18 for most of the morning..

Around noon, AFF got called off so Mad John put together a little 10 way "S" jump which went pretty well but that wasn't the main event. At 3:40 we had a fighter jet demo team coming to do a missing man formation, then we had a 26 way formation load planned with 3 videos..

At 3:40, the jets flew a beautiful formation over the landing area witha at least a hundred of us standing out there raising a toast to Shannon.. most of us with water or other non-alcoholic beverages. After the air show, we made a big round in the landing area, then a left-hand doughnut, right hand doughnut.. and a cheer for Shannon..

Some had already decided that their jumping day was over as the last load had landed in 36 mph winds and figured it wasn't coming down.. unfortunately, they were right.. the winds kept blowing and we started drinking.. and although the formation load never got off the ground, we had plenty of beer and pizza and good friends.. and we had a great Shannon Dean Memorial Day at Byron. I'm sure Lany will put pictures up soon. :)
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures

and good friends.. and we had a great Shannon Dean Memorial Day at Byron. I'm sure Lany will put pictures up soon. :)

We did dirt dive a Giant BFR as well. We got three points.:D:D:D

as i posted in the quotes thread . . . It was said by many people as well as myself, "When that plane broke off and up like that - I got the chills, but like in a good way."
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

On a side (wind) note:

After everyone left, Vic, Connie, Jett and I are closing up and I said, "Why is it every time we have guests in our house the winds blow extra hard to actually shut us down."

Vic replied, "Because God wants Byron to stay a small drop zone."

We laughed our asses off and went home.

But really. It's not usually THAT windy at Byron.

Oh and one more thing. On my way in to the drop zone this morning, I saw a white dove sitting in the middle of the road. That was pretty random.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Oh and one more thing. On my way in to the drop zone this morning, I saw a white dove sitting in the middle of the road. That was pretty random.

you know who that was

thank you for doing that

59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

This was a weeked full of many ups and downs. There are many good memories from it... so thank you everyone for sharing this weekend with me.

Oooh more pics guys. I saw so many people running around with cameras I know there have to be some good ones.

BTW... I think I am currently the same color as the shirt I was wearing yesteday B|

I also wanted to thank Clay Bonevito, the new DZO of Bay Area Skydiving for making the Jet Missing Man Formation happen. That was a wonderful thing to do.

Also the Jet Pilots said they were proud to honor someone that meant so much to so many.

Byron love ya'll....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

I also wanted to thank Clay Bonevito, the new DZO of Bay Area Skydiving for making the Jet Missing Man Formation happen. That was a wonderful thing to do.

Also the Jet Pilots said they were proud to honor someone that meant so much to so many.

Byron love ya'll....

Not to mention organizing getting the Pac for the day, buying the pizza and managing to get the jump prices back down!! Clay is proving himself to be one rocking DZO! B|
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures

Here is a pic. Please feel free to print it for yourself/enjoy it, but don't use it for anything public, it my be used as part of her memorial in Parachutist.

What this picture doesn't show is the Jet that symbolized the missing woman as it peeled upward in the sky. I still have goose bumps reviewing the pics and typing this. You'll notice that some are raising their classes striaght up. That is where the Jet peeled up with red smoke and then the smoke cut.... it took my breath away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Some pics from yesterday.

g

RE: g n beth.jpg (79.9 KB)
I know what it really says . . . but . . . it looks like the shirt says "Remove Beer"
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Hey everyone. Sorry i didn't make it out to Byron on Sunday. I was just so emotionally exhausted and I think I needed a little chill time. It looks and sounds like it was a great day. I'd like to use some of the pictures and videos to mix in with the video of the Memorial service, so send me an email if you have something I can use.

Much love to all of you!

Bob

Oooh more pics guys. I saw so many people running around with cameras I know there have to be some good ones.

I'll post mine tomorrow. I'm finally home and too tired to do much of anything. Was great meeting everyone!! I wish someone had a pic of me falling off the bench yesterday. :D

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

So someone had mentioned that Shannon was the one who decided to be funny once again and blow us into being grounded for The Sunday jumps a little early. Though she may have been trying only to be funny... She brought us all together for bonding time and fun of friends, which she could greatly appreciate as well as so many of us. :D

Here are a few shots of that girls lungs... :DB|:)
YOU "BLOW" GIRL!! ;)

.... And the result of that high wind...

P.S. Notice the last two pics I post... before beer light was on, a couple of un-mentionables had a hard time waiting.. :):D:D:D ... :)
Thank you everybody who joined us in body and spirit ... and A big extra hug also to Clay for making this Special day to celebrate Shannon's life.. even that much more special. :)

P.S. Notice the last two pics I post... before beer light was on, a couple of un-mentionables had a hard time waiting.. :):D:D:D ... :)

You trying to get me in trouble... I do that well enough on my own thank you ;)

Precisely :|

:P:):D