jumpergirl

Sky/Scuba Divers?

I'm pretty sure I'm safer diving than skydiving but it depends on what you do, I'm pretty conservative and rarely dive these days anyway.

When I started there were no dive computers, no nitrox, no BCDs or octopus rigs. Shit I went to get a PADI cert recently and they didn't even mention buddy breathing & EAR was a separate course.

I have been SCUBA diving since I was 16. I wish I could shydive as well as I SCUBA.

Wow, my thoughts exactly. I suck at skydiving, but being underwater is such a natural feeling for me...

Anyone find a place like DZ.com for scuba? One similar in quality and activity?

J
Arch? I can arch just fine with my back to the ground.

I would have to agree, it's not anywhere close to DZ activity and quality.

I wonder if that's because of the people running the site, or the people who frequent the site. What would happen if Sangrio started a SCUBA site, like DZ?

J
Arch? I can arch just fine with my back to the ground.

Thanks for all of the responses! I knew there were alot of skydiver who were also scuba divers, but I didn't expect this kind of reply! :)
We'll be driving from Dallas to Houston next week. Does anyone know of a good place to go, that it's too far out of the way, to spend the day diving? We need to rent some gear, as well.

Thanks for ALL of the suggestions! :)

MEEEEEEE. Headed to Crystal River next weekend even. You guys should come over since it is so close. We are doing open water in October, too.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

MEEEEEEE. Headed to Crystal River next weekend even. You guys should come over since it is so close. We are doing open water in October, too.

Lisa, we're in Texas right now, otherwise I would LOVE to go diving with you!! Maybe next time???? You'll have to let us know. :)

Hi,

I'm also a SCUBA diver. I'm diving since the age of 14. I'm a certified PADI Rescue Diver with about 550 dives. About 400 in the Lake Constance (Germany) and the rest in cold mountain lakes in Austria.

I've never been diving in the sea [:/]

This year I got my skydiving license. I would be very happy if my skydiving skills were as good as my SCUBA diving skills ;)

When you have a lot of experience (the conditions can be bad), check out the Flower Gardens, a coral reef, on the M/V Fling(?) and its sister-ship. It's 2-3+ day trip out about 100 miles from a port (forgot name) about an hour from Houston.) Leave at midnight, wake up there, dive, after the night dive come closer and dive a much less interesting site and/or an oil rig. Chance to see a whale shark.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

Hey gang....I don't play on the forums much anymore but saw this one today. I got certified the end of March and have TRIED to put together a dive with some of my classmates since then but nothing comes together. I need to get in the water before I forget it all and some calm lake/river might be fun. Last check out dive in the ocean was in 7 - 10 foot seas and not a great experience (once we were done and back on the boat ;)) but I need someone/people who will be patient because I will be a total "follow the steps" I'm sure.....safety first ya know. ;)

Let me know or PM and we'll exchange numbers. I want to go diving

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

I need to get in the water before I forget it all and some calm lake/river might be fun.

I've done a fair amount of diving in the springs in the Crystal River and central Florida area. That would be a great option for some very relaxed diving. Most of them are great places to go with people that aren't divers also - other things to do like mountain biking, kayaking, etc.

PM me if you think you might go that route and want some advice on specific places or dive shops that cater to that area.
Killing threads since 2004.