guppie01

Who is your emergency contact

All cell phones should have a number filed under ICE so that emergeny personnel can know who to call.

In Case of Emergency...ICE

My first thought was that yes, my parents and other family members are in my cell phone (and they're the only people in there with the same last name, so people could figure it out)....but my phone is a BlackBerry that, because it's connected to my corporate email network, has a mandatory locking function. Phone requires a password. Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about it.

Protects me if some smartass decides to drunk dial people using my phone.... but not so good in the case of an emergency.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

All cell phones should have a number filed under ICE so that emergeny personnel can know who to call.

In Case of Emergency...ICE

Mine says Mom n Dad. Pretty self explanatory, but still some people would sit and wonder.... :S

Up until now if I were to peruse through someone's cell phone and there was a listing under ICE - I wouldn't know WTH it meant.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Who is your emergency contact

9-1-1

Ok, seriously, my wife is my contact. Then again, if we go down in a plane crash together it'll take them a little while to call my or her parents.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

My dad is my emergency contact. He's the best one to handle a call like that, my mom would freak out. I have him listed as ICE on my phone too.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

My Mother. She gave birth to 9 Kids. Of which 4 are boys that spent so much time in the emergency room they would Say "Hi Mrs Olson which one you bringing in today" So I know she could handle anything that happens.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

I have him listed as ICE on my phone too.

You know, I thought that was utter bullshit when it started getting e-mailed around. Honestly I still think its bullshit since that idea isn't circulated in the emergancy profession, BUT you might get someone who's on the 'net. Like I did a while back, looking in the phone for ICE, since the guy had his parent's name in his phone under their first names. No, he didn't have ICE either...had to make a couple leaps of faith by using the known name of his dad according to the vehicle's registration info.

for coke it's the guy down at Domino's Pizza on 9th Ave. but for meth or crack it's the dude that gives me the free upgrades at the car wash...Oh.. you were talking about medical emergency stuff..sorry.:P:S:D
"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

My parents, with my sister as a backup. My folks are 3200 miles away, but would be very hurt if anyone else (other than my sister) got the initial call.

At least one of them would catch the next flight from Portland to Orlando, no matter the cost, esp if I were too busted up to try to talk them out of it.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/prevent/icephone.asp False. I do not want some ambulance driver looking at my phone for something listed as ICE when he should be trying to save my sorry ass from dying. List your Mom as MOM HOME/MOM CELL on your phone if someone needs to contact them but I in no way want some medical professional dicking with my phone when they should be saving me.

Besides what if you already have ICE in your phone for the Guy that has the good shit:P He might be pissed when the cops call him:o

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

since the guy had his parent's name in his phone under their first names.

My parents are in my phone with their last name, but a stranger would never know who they were because I still use my married last name. ICE seems like a good solution, but only if everyone knows about it.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

One of my brothers is my emergency contact. I know my mom will hear about it soon enough (knock on wood let's hope the emergency contact is never needed), but I don't think the first point of contact with the DZ should be my mother. I'd prefer for my brother to deal with it first.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I do not want some ambulance driver looking at my phone for something listed as ICE when he should be trying to save my sorry ass from dying.

There's more people on scene then just the ambulance personal typically.

http://www.snopes.com/...prevent/icephone.asp False.

Well, if Snopes says it, it MUST be true...obviously don't listen to someone who's in the industry. I'm telling you that its something that's passed around on the internet and not something that officially passed to the professionals.

I in no way want some medical professional dicking with my phone when they should be saving me.

Ok on the most recent scene in which I tried to find ICE in a phone there were 3 engines, and an ambulance plus 5 officers and a Sgt. While the medical personal were doing their thing, the officers were doing their thing. Shutting down the highway, securing the scene (since the guy was off in a bad way and had the death rattle breathing going on and the pieces of the semi-truck and pickup truck were spread across about a mile), locating information about the guy (ID, etc). Involved with that was IDing the guy so we could get his next of kin notified so they could get in town.

As luck would have it (pure luck, by the way) the guy lived.

My Contact is my girlfriend. I hadn't thought about what Brie said about us both going down in the plane, or being on the same plane together. So I don't know who I should put, but I feel like she would be able to best assess the situation given the chosen medium and then would be able to talk to my parents about it. God I hope its never needed. (knocks on wood)
Yeah...You need to grow up. -Skymama

obviously don't listen to someone who's in the industry.

Dude I wasn't attacking you or anyone else why you take it so personal??:P

If your a paramedic/fireman/policeman etc and your looking for ICE on the phone then cool. Whats you states policy on that? Or is that just something you chose to do?

As for the snopes it has to do with the internet bogus info which yourself has proved by saying it is NOT policy nor has it been taught/trained/required of emergency personel to look for it.

I have MOM HOME and MOM CELL on my phone but most likely they are going to use my emergency contact info in my wallet which most likely will be intact where my phone might not be.

I am in no way saying that someone shouldn't put ICE in there phone if they want to just the whole ICE thing was/is a hoax as to be SOP in the emergency profession..

Again I just clicked on your post wasn't attacking you so chill brother :)

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT

I hadn't thought about what Brie said about us both going down in the plane, or being on the same plane together.

Usually anytime I've ever needed to fill in an emergency contact there have been two--#1 and #2--Same goes for beneficiaries.

I don't understand why one would have their mom or dad before their SO.[:/]
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Whats you states policy on that? Or is that just something you chose to do?

A situation that would require that sort of action is overseen by some sort of supervisor. So there really isn't a policy, supervisors make the decision.

The all CAPS FALSE is what set me off, sorry about that.

I hadn't thought about what Brie said about us both going down in the plane, or being on the same plane together.

Dropzones generally don't encourage you to put anyone who could be at the dropzone with you. I think one of the big Florida dropzones specifically told me that it couldn't be another jumper on the same dropzone.

Brie
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie

Usually anytime I've ever needed to fill in an emergency contact there have been two--#1 and #2--Same goes for beneficiaries.

Every waiver I've ever signed for jumping only has space for one.

Brie
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie

I wasn't referring to jumping, but seems obvious now that ya'll were.:P

I've only jumped at a few DZs and only in FL. I'm pretty sure, though, if I remember correctly, I filled both Billy's name/info AND my father's. I could be wrong though. It's been a LONG time since I've signed a new waiver.

:)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Thanks man.

ncluding the SC stuff goes right along with my beliefs so I wouldn't jump on ya for no reason

Its the "average none east or west cost guy's perspective.":P

I did just figure it out...I need to eat lunch. Sorry about that.

While I agree with you that I'm surprised by the number of people who have their parents down instead of spouses, etc., I think Brie has a good reason for it.

Some of these other mofo's, though, I'm not so sure about. :P

In the past if I was jumping with the SO I had my cousin who lived with me at the time. My cousin has since moved and the nearest family is 5 hours away.

There is an ex. of mine who is very close and my mother adores him. I asked him this morning if he would mind being my emergency contact and he was more than happy.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Do any of your friends have your mom's number??? I know none of mine do.... :S This will change soon!

I thought about that too a while back after being in a situation where I had nobody to contact for someone I was in a position to help.

I added an "Emergency Contact" entry to my cell phone contacts in hopes of someone looking in there if I was in a place that people didn't know me.

When I used to have business cards I also used to write my emergency info on the back and laminate it and kept one in my wallet, one in the pocket of my scuba bc, one in the pocket of my pfd while kayaking, etc. Kind of obsessive, but it messed me up a little when I couldn't help the person contact anyone. Speaking of...I think I still have those cards w/ my old info on them. I can just imagine my old NYC roommate's reaction to getting a call...
Killing threads since 2004.