PowderdToastMan

How do I pass a drug test. (hard scientific evidence please)

Then how do you feel about the drug tests cheating the person taking the test? Someone loses his job because the antibodies in the immunoassay cross-react with a cold medication he took a day or two ago, and the testers who don't know shit about the science blindly accept the test results & fire the guy & f&*k up his career.

Nobody with a brain or a heart would support destroying anyone's career over a false positive, but that's not what we're talking about here. The original post is asking for advice on how to beat a drug test after recent marijuana use.

When drug testing first started being used in the civilian workplace, I was extremely concerned about false positives and although I have apparently never failed a drug test, some of that concern remains. How should false positives be addressed? I don't know, but they certainly need to be.

How should applicants approach drug testing for jobs requiring it? Simple--by not using drugs.

Walt

Odds are, several of your employees use some kind of rec drugs, and you are, and will never be, none the wiser.

And if that is so, what's the harm?

So if there is no harm, no foul, eh? Perhaps it's my natural risk aversion that tells me to say, "Potential harm. Potential foul." I worked my ass off to get my license to practice. And when I see that there is something that can bite me in the ass, I'll do my best to prevent that situation from occurring.

I'll be honest - anybody can screw me over. They don't have to be stoners, meth heads, drunks, or anything like that to screw me. However, I am a fundamental pragmatist. And I've got peoples' asses in my hands. I've been around enough stoners to know that, hey, people talk around the group. My best friend does it, and he's a lawyer.

Still, I wouldn't take that chance. I've got a deadline to meet and a person on my staff isn't here because she got pinched the night before for possession with intent to distribute? That's bad. I don't want to take that risk.

I've got an employee who likes to drink a lot at night? Plenty of problems can happen.

I'll look at the methhead and say, "No fucking way." Sure, he may be an honest and good individual and a great employee. I'm not taking that chance, for there is a greater risk of that person fucking up royally or fucking me up royally than a person who is not a meth head.

The situation is much less controlled. If someone can smoke out nightly and hide it well enough, then bravo for that person. If I find out, well, bravo for me for having found out and mitigated a potential future risk.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

If this is for a Teaching, banking, construction, driving, flying, or foodservice job--I hope you fail. Those kind of jobs would be better accomplished by someone who does not use illicit drugs.

That's funny. Ever met anyone outside of your church group? Listing the drug of choice respectively; pot, coke, all, meth, booze, all.

Well Slick, your ad hominem attacks aside (and I'm not even a church goer), I firmly believe that anyone in the above-listed groups should not be allowed to use illicit drugs, as they would be putting the lives and welfare of others at risk for their own hedonistic narcissism.

Ya see Skippy, irresponsibility and being a productive member of society tend to be mutually exclusive...

Don't like it? Tough shit. That's the reality you live in. All the hippy feel-good dumbshit in the world won't change a damn thing.

While I am somewhat in agreement with you, the illicit-ness seems arbitrary. The capacity to impair judgment is not dependent on whether a drug is legal or not. Drunks are worse than pot-heads, IMO.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Your bottom line is affected by hundreds of factors - over drinking, staying up late to watch somethong on tv (last world cup had games at 3am), extra sick days because they're a smoker, out a week or 4 because of an accident

No, shit. And if the person is out of it, I'll send the person home. It's easier to not expect that person to be around that to rely on the person when the person is unreliable.

these people aren't your property and won't always be at 100%.

Nobody is always at 100 percent. And no, they aren't my property. But once their lifestyle choices interfere with my bottom line, I've got the right to free them of the unreasonable expectations I have. I'll let them fight the man, and the man is me. Let them go work for some other asshole. It's their choice.

It makes a lot more sense as an employer to take the bigger picture view and measure how effective the employees are over the quarter than what they did last hour.

Sounds a lot like you could have said, "Your bottom line is affected by hundreds of factors - how effective the employee is over a quarter, checking on the employee's time over the last hour (two cancer stick breaks in the last hour?), extra sick days for reasons about which I am unable to know, out a week or 4 because of an accident.....no single factor can lead you to a 100% conclusion."

Which is why it is only part of it. I like big pictures. And I like how each dot makes that picture. But with everything in life, there are red flags that deserve attention towards risk mitigation.

Oh please. It's got a silly cultural taboo. You really want to complain about something that fucks up peoples lives.. talk about alcohol!

I agree with that. In fact, I consider the "war on drugs" to be a war against the American people and I think all drugs should be legalized because I think it would do far less damage than what the government is doing now.

I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs but I'm ok with people doing all of the above if done so in a responsible way.

That being said, I don't think using drugs and then trying to beat a drug test is responsible at all--it's trying to cheat the system and no amount of rationalization or spin is going to change that. Conceptually it is little different than having cheat notes on a state board licensing exam but few would argue that type of cheating as being ok.

If someone wants to do drugs, fine. They can do so and stick to jobs that don't require drug testing. It sounds like the original poster is not a regular drug user and put himself in an unfortunate position by using at the wrong time.

Walt

I agree with walt's post. Drugs should be legalized, even the horrible tobacco. If I want to let people smoke in my restaurant, I should be able to. If I want to require a woman to snort a few lines of coke before she goes out with me, I should have that right. And I should face the consequences if I can't find a woman who is so willing.

I drink, and I'm okay with it so long as people are responsible. Wanna light a doobie? Fine, but not in my car or my house. Want to be stoned off of your gourd? Fine, but not when at work. Want to maintain consistent levels of THC in your blood? Fine, work for someone else who likes that about you.

As walt said, "If someone wants to do drugs, fine. They can do so and stick to jobs that don't require drug testing."

I'll add, "If you want to work, fine. But do so knowing that you are working at the pleasure of somebody else and expect to play by that person's rules. If you dont' like the rules, find another employer."

by the way, what does "or those who choose to temp it," mean???

did you mean to say "tamper with the test", or what??

To clarify: "I hope anyone who tries to cover it, or those who choose to temp it (by smoking and not waiting until it's out of their system to take the test), fail the test."

I am learning, more and more, that I am a minority in this world as I have never done any drugs, nor will I, and I drink very little. I'd give up what little bit I do drink if I thought it would make a difference. [:/]

:) ok I just wasted 10min and read this b.s. now, it seems reasonable to say "don´t do drugs if it affects others" but hels bells, and honestly, how many of the righteous critics think they can drive (just this once and there´s not much traffic ha ha) after just a couple of beers. struck out dudes (& dudettes). must admit that the righteous already have this guy lined up with the mansons and the hannibals for a joint. get real folks, what is it that YOU`RE hiding. hey, I have a very responsible job, but I am not going to sack my crew for what they (probably) did a week ago on thier visit to amsterdam.

people who live in grass houses shouldn´t stowe thrones (in the attic)
When I go, I want to pass away in my sleep, just like my dear old Grandmother, NOT screaming like the passengers in the car she was driving.

I just have to say... Anybody can read through this thread and know which responders do drugs. I Just thought it was kinda funny, and thought I'd point it out. :D:D:D .... :)

:):P:o:):P:o ... :D .................. okay... I'm going now. B|

Are you talking about Vicodin and Lortabs?
Cuz yeah alot of people that have injuries have this in thier medicine cabinet.

And in some cases - Mary J Wanna is prescribed as well.;)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I just have to say... Anybody can read through this thread and know which responders do drugs. I Just thought it was kinda funny, and thought I'd point it out. :D:D:D .... :)

:):P:o:):P:o ... :D .................. okay... I'm going now. B|

I don't think that's necessarily true. As someone who doesn't use drugs but thinks all drugs should all be legalized, I can easily see plenty of room for active disagreement with drug testing, whether a person uses drugs or not.

There are plenty of people who feel drug testing is an unreasonable intrusion into their privacy and I can understand that.

One experience convinced me that all drugs should be legalized and that was when I was pulled over while driving along I-10 by an apparently psychotic law enforcement officer who accused me of trafficking drugs. He asked me to sign a consent to search and when I refused he repeatedly screamed at me that if I didn't have any dope in the car then I wouldn't mind him searching it.

The reality was I thought he was a psycho who had no business having a badge or a firearm and I didn't want to give him the opportunity to plant drugs in my car. In his mind, I was guilty until proven innocent.

I think the same applies to drug testing. Just because someone disagrees with drug testing and/or whether it is a good idea, I don't think it's fair or accurate to assume they use drugs.

Walt

is PM "Pre-Menstrual"?

Occaisionally. Unfortunately . . . to the peril of several million men.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Definitive answer is DONT SMOKE DOPE. It's called DOPE for a reason.

Personally I hope you fail the test, if you were that interested you wouldn't be getting high.

Wow man that's freakin harsh.

So is life, "man." Grow up. The world is not there to validate anyone's self-esteem. Actions have consequences...suck it up, buttercup.

No I won't just "suck it up" MAN :P
I do believe that was a harsh answer. And big deal if im not grown up enough. I don't wanna be :P
I may not agree with what you have to say but i'll defend to the death your right to say it.

Definitive answer is DONT SMOKE DOPE. It's called DOPE for a reason.

Personally I hope you fail the test, if you were that interested you wouldn't be getting high.

Wow man that's freakin harsh.

So is life, "man." Grow up. The world is not there to validate anyone's self-esteem. Actions have consequences...suck it up, buttercup.

No I won't just "suck it up" MAN :P
I do believe that was a harsh answer. And big deal if im not grown up enough. I don't wanna be :P

Great. Now get back to mopping the floor.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

good luck with that dude...... i had to pass a hair test for my current job... no getting around that.. and they can go back 6-9 months or more with hair......

Great. Now get back to mopping the floor.

If mopping the floor will buy my jump tickets and pay my bills then im up for it....man.

Hell i'll be the guy that cleans out portta johns for a living if it will buy my jump tickets
I may not agree with what you have to say but i'll defend to the death your right to say it.

I would advocate drug testing for THC levels if the test could give you information as to whether the person used responsibly or not. I agree that if someone is coming high to work, they should be fired. In fact, I have tipped off a boss about a co-worker who came to work high. I don't think that sort of thing is cool at all. (Especially when packing!!)

But the reality is, it doesn't matter whether you have a few tokes once a week before you go to bed or whether you're stoned 24-7, both folks will fail the drug test.

And then the other problem with drug testing is that drugs like coke and meth are out of your system so quickly that drug tests aren't as useful for the hard stuff. But marijuana, the most harmless drug of all, stays in your system the longest, so it gets picked on.:(

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

***They can (and will) take it from someplace other than the scalp if necessary... and shaving is seen as the same as a masker...trying to evade the test.

From what I understand, it's quite common practice these days to shave the "someplace other" as well.
There was a thread in the women's forum no too long ago about this subject.
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28