johndyer

Would you return this?

don't see any visible damage to the helmet.

Then no it's a helmet and made to bash your head into stuff, so as long as the face sheild is not damaged, try it on and bash your head into something hard to make sure it really works....:P
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Yes, like Strato says, you should put on your helmet and get your skydiving buddies to help you out by bashing you in the head to make sure your new Z1 works.

A couple of suggestions:

1) Lay down on a creeper and have your buddies spin you around head-first into a pole or something.
This will simulate getting kicked in the head while performing a RW block transition during freefall and getting kicked in the head by a person in the opposite piece.

2) Stand-up and have your buddies bash you over your helmeted head with kendo-sticks.
This will simulate getting your head bashed into the door jam during a mass exit when the person behind you cuts the corner and runs you into the airplane on the way out.

:P
;)
:D

I ordered a Z1 from Paragear and when I recived it, the box had a lot of damage. Look at pictures to see. Would you return it if you recieved it like this? I don't see any visible damage to the helmet.

Return the BOX or the helmet?! :)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I ordered a Z1 from Paragear and when I recived it, the box had a lot of damage. Look at pictures to see. Would you return it if you recieved it like this? I don't see any visible damage to the helmet.

Keep the helmut. Return the box.

You paid for a perfectly decent box. That's scandalous.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Return the BOX or the helmet?! :)

Guess I goofed, the helmet. :D

I sincerely doubt that box's ability to protect your head from rogue skydivers and or aircraft now that it's been ripped.

I DO NOT reccomend jumping with that box attached to your face
--- and give them wings so they may fly free forever

DiverDriver in Training

If no damage to the contents then keep it. I am sure that they packaged the contenets to prevent any damage. Te reason why the box looks that way is because of the empty space. After all what can you expect it must have been sent via UPS....

They try to max out the cube on those trailers....
Kenneth Potter
FAA Senior Parachute Rigger
Tactical Delivery Instructor (Jeddah, KSA)
FFL Gunsmith

After all what can you expect it must have been sent via UPS....
They try to max out the cube on those trailers....

And it's in the employee handbook each box must be drop kicked or tossed into the trailers AKA "fingerprinting" the load....:P
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Fedex hires college kids around here. They sneak booze on the job and drop kick boxes into the trailers. Heavy boxes get throw through teamwork! [:/]B|

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Fedex hires college kids around here. They sneak booze on the job and drop kick boxes into the trailers. Heavy boxes get throw through teamwork! [:/]B|

Wanna bet who's rougher - baggage monkeys at the airport, or these Fed Ex/ UPS box handlers?

I have cringed several times just watching those baggage monkeys throw certain items on the conveyor belt to the plane. [:/]
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I have cringed several times just watching those baggage monkeys throw certain items on the conveyor belt to the plane.

Then DON'T WATCH! :)

Some things you're better off NOT knowing...like why your Orange juice tastes a little 'funny' at Denny's! :P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I sincerely doubt that box's ability to protect your head from rogue skydivers and or aircraft now that it's been ripped.

I DO NOT reccomend jumping with that box attached to your face

:D

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

On a slightly more serious note,

Some helmets, mainly certified ones, are one time use. They have styrofoam type material that absorbs the shock but can only do it once.

Skydiving helmets are not in this class. For the most part they are not certified, and in most cases provide no real protection other than 'bump' protection. In some cases they can actually make things worse.

Skydiving helmets keep your head warm, your eyes from watering (full face), hold your audibles and your cameras, keep the bump on the door from hurting too bad (if it's not too hard), and make your mother feel better.

The cheapest actually, IMHO, provides the most protection. The Protect.

If the helmet isn't physically damaged do the above, get skydiving.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

thats like returning a bulletproof vest because they didnt put packaging peanuts in the box

The reason I asked was because it was a helmet, if you get a hairline fracture in one it can render it usless for helmets that are rated for impacts. After seeing the explaination that skydiving helmets aren't really rated for impacts I realize it's fine.