notrealsteve

Batteries hard to find for DYTTER

One of my friends gave me some equipment to try out, one of the things was a DYTTER and the batteries where dead, and i realized the batteries that fit in it are super hard to find.

Really? Just read the type from it and do a search on eBay if you can find in local shops.

Original Dytter uses 4ea 399 type batteries, although there have been posts here that folks have used 355 type batteries, which I was unable to find in the same place.

Pro Dytter takes uses 2ea CR 2330.

Batteries Plus is expensive but they are all over the place in the States. Radio Shack is another good source that is easy to find, at least in the US.
Arrive Safely

John

Most drug stores like longs or walgreens will have a variety of batteries. I bought some at walgreens a couple of months ago.

My local Radio Shack handles them @ $3.99 each. We have a Battery's Plus chain store that has them too.. Just for general info 2330 is the size designation also . 23 mil dia by 3.0 thick a 1220 is 12 dia by 2.0 etc. One dirt alert had unusually thick batteries very expensive too. You could stack thinner ones and a shim {Washer or a dime } less than half but the same voltage

somebody once told me.......I dont know if this is true......that if you get the larger type batteries, the big round one, and break it in half inside you will find 2 batteries suitable for your dytter.

Whether you want to try it out is up to you. It may just have been a stupid joke.

I find mine to be useful, but I often jump without it (and deliberately turn it off at times so I don't get dependent).

Maybe my eyes suck, I know when it is time to pull without any gadgets but I don't think I could see the difference between reaching for that extra point at 5500, or break off at 4500.

Either way I am glad a didn't start using one at 20 jumps!!! It is way easy to get used to just waiting for the beeps which is a dangerous habit. :|

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I find mine to be useful, but I often jump without it (and deliberately turn it off at times so I don't get dependent).

Either way I am glad a didn't start using one at 20 jumps!!! It is way easy to get used to just waiting for the beeps which is a dangerous habit. :|

Hi Doug

I have used one on every jump. For AFF jumps and most of the next 100, it was set to 3000' and so generally I was pulling before it went off. If I'm trying something new or its a bigger group I set it higher. If left at 5000', I have found that I do start using it in preference to the visual altimeter. When I feel this is happening, I now set all alarms to 2000'.

I figure that in the event of a malfunction (none yet), this will refocus my altitude awareness if necessary.

Blue skies

Wayne.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein