kelel01

If I can move anywhere in the US for just 5-8 months . . .

yes yes, assumptions suck.

Beg and plead with GCSU is all I can say. How can one day of anything cost you a whole semester. They want your money they will let you miss that day. You need to harass more, harass!!!!!!

But see Jay agrees, vegas is like Tahoe, just no skiing. Don't count those two out. But you should be trying harder to get that day unmadatory.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Of the options listed..

Seattle.. Too Cold and wet during the time you are thinking of being there.

LA - Nice weather but expensive and pretentious. Just dont see you fitting in in LA.

Key West.. Expensive to live there but Lots of Fun. If you can find an affordable place to stay, Go for it.

Vegas.. This is where you need to be. obs are easy to come by, Affordable living, Always something going on and Hotels are expensive and I need a Place to crash when I am visiting!!:P:D

"Salt Lake City = NO! If you want to go to Utah to enjoy the scenery hit Park City, or Eden, or head south.... Not much in SLC itself. "

Have you ever been to SLC... it's beautiful.. Unless 13,000 ft mountains aren't pretty to you..?

SLC rulz. Yes you can drink here. Yes we have a great DZ. Yes we have the world's greatest snow. Yes we have a major metropolitan city with all the amenities with recreation at our doorstep. We get big shows, have museums, have great restaurants and are getting a tunnel this winter....... what else is there?

Seattle.. Too Cold and wet during the time you are thinking of being there.

Ah, but if she likes the slopes, they're perfect that time of year.

LA - Nice weather but expensive and pretentious. Just dont see you fitting in in LA.

Key West.. Expensive to live there but Lots of Fun. If you can find an affordable place to stay, Go for it.

Agree on both.

Vegas.. This is where you need to be. obs are easy to come by, Affordable living, Always something going on and Hotels are expensive and I need a Place to crash when I am visiting!!

Strangely, I agree with you on this one (at least now that you've admitted your true motivation). But... Vegas is a very different place as a resident than as a tourist. My brother lived there for two years and did enjoy it, but it definitely wasn't quite the same as when he'd visit.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

"Salt Lake City = NO! If you want to go to Utah to enjoy the scenery hit Park City, or Eden, or head south.... Not much in SLC itself. "

Have you ever been to SLC... it's beautiful.. Unless 13,000 ft mountains aren't pretty to you..?

SLC rulz. Yes you can drink here. Yes we have a great DZ. Yes we have the world's greatest snow. Yes we have a major metropolitan city with all the amenities with recreation at our doorstep. We get big shows, have museums, have great restaurants and are getting a tunnel this winter....... what else is there?

I was born and raised in Ogden, and am home visiting at least once a year... I am very familiar with SLC.... it's a city (yes the mountains are a nice back drop). She specifically commented on visiting that area for the scenic aspect... that's why I pointed out Park City, Eden or south. SLC would be a great pass through to check out.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

No, you're making assumptions. I'm supposed to start the nursing program at GCSU, and they have orientation on the 4th. I didn't find out about it until after I got my ticket. I contacted the school, and they said the orientation is ABSOLUTELY MANDATORY.

So I contacted Priceline about changing my ticket. Bottom line, United only has first class tickets available leading up to the date I'm flying back, so it'd cost about $4k to change my ticket. And I can't change airlines.

I have the solution to this dilemma. Confess to the Jonbenet Ramsey murder. They'll fly you back from Thailand first class and when they see your DNA doesn't match, you can get yourself to orientation.:P

BTW, I wouldn't mind if you came to New England. Jumptown is open year round.B|

Chris

I think Tahoe is one of the nicest places(North Tahoe). Reno isn't to far and it isn't like Las Vegas to live. Vegas is great but not a place to live for a long period of time. There are plenty of jobs and UNR has an excellent nursing program. It can get cold here in the winter time and there are several ski resorts all within an hour drive if that.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

I vote for Seattle. You may fall in love with the Northwest and want to go to school here. That is what I did.

I like the people, the scenery, and the city. So much to do, even if it is raining.

I don't think that the weather is as bad as people make it out to be. When it rains, it rarely rains east-coast style, it is mostly a drizzle that doesn't inhibit your activities. (Unless your activities include full altitude jumps. :P) Just need some goretex and you'll be fine.

Edited to add: I will hike in the rain with you!

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham