kelel01

If I can move anywhere in the US for just 5-8 months . . .

I vote for Seattle. You may fall in love with the Northwest and want to go to school here. That is what I did.

Edited to add: I will hike in the rain with you!

or even motorcycle in the rain, or make some marginal (by the SIM) cloud jumps...Karen - did you go to school in portland or seatle?

I like southbeach miami and beach front san deigo and downtown new york all are a little far to the DZ though, I used to live in Portland and the DZ is A+ and only 30 mins from downtown

I would pick a city where you can learn something, could be spritual or a real job skill, but the fact that you are lucky enough to have your parents float the bill for a half-year of introspection is very rare, you should pick something whihc honors their investiment in you

blue ones

I know. Major bummer that I'm such a chicken. :D

Good lord girl.... if you don't take him up on the offer, I'll take your place and you can come live at my place for six months!!!!

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Um, yeah. I know very little about Austin.

All the more reason to make a visit. Ask Krisanne, Seattle and Austin are very similar cities. We have about a million people, just big enough to have something for all tastes, small enough not to feel lost in.

Excellent hike and bike trails and Green Belt for the outdoorsy types, lots of educational facilities if you're into that kind of thing. Most bands that are doing anything interesting these days (and a lot who aren't) make regular stops in Austin. Great music scene. And yes, you can get drunk and fall down on 6th street if you want.

There are four DZs within 45 minutes, two turbine and 2 cessna. One of them has a PAC.

Austin really is one of the coolest places I've ever been. It's a major city with the heart of a college town. ;)

Ask Krisanne, Seatle and Austin are very similar cities.

Finally, my "Seattle and Austin are really the same city" theory gets some traction. :D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

SOLD! :D

To the highest bidder: :D:D:D

Average temps annually (attached)
< 5 miles to the beach (10 minutes)
3 bedroom townhouse ($1000.00 per month)
2 cats
1 boyfriend (has sailboat) ;)
1 paid off Rav4
Nearest DZ 1 1/2 hour (Lompoc / Taft)

:D:D:D

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

No, you're making assumptions. I'm supposed to start the nursing program at GCSU, and they have orientation on the 4th. I didn't find out about it until after I got my ticket. I contacted the school, and they said the orientation is ABSOLUTELY MANDATORY.

So I contacted Priceline about changing my ticket. Bottom line, United only has first class tickets available leading up to the date I'm flying back, so it'd cost about $4k to change my ticket. And I can't change airlines.

It's just the way it worked out. *shrug* C'est la vie.

Wait a minute....you aren't married, are willing to give your left tit for a hubby, are gonna' start Nursing school (to nurse? I thought that sorta' came naturally), but you aren't pregnant? Can you please explain to this simple country boy why you want to learn to nurse with only one tit, while not having a hubby and you aren't pregnant? I'm lost here....lol.

TripleF

"Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."