Flying_Penguin

Dog the Bounty Hunter - sent to face charges in Mexico

W.T.F. !?!?! Right after the Crock Hunter goes in...

Dog the bounty Hunter gets kidnapping charges for arresting a Rapist now doing 124 years.

I understand we want to keep good reciprocity and honor Mexico's request...but come on you think that we could call it even given their lack of effort on illegal immigration

FREE DOG

W.T.F. !?!?! Right after the Crock Hunter goes in...

Dog the bounty Hunter gets kidnapping charges for arresting a Rapist now doing 124 years.

I understand we want to keep good reciprocity and honor Mexico's request...but come on you think that we could call it even given their lack of effort on illegal immigration

FREE DOG

Where did you heard this from?
Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

"To understand is to forgive, even oneself."

Mexico was pissed because he refused to transfer Luster over to Mexican authorities following the capture. They were themselves charges and fled the country, failing to appear at a Mexican court.

While I can see the problem that they would have with Mexico, I also do not lose the irony of the bounty hunters jumping the country, themselves becoming fugitives...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I dont like the show and really dont care for the guy either.Hes all about playing up a simple bust that cops do daily with drama and preaching.Besides that, ever wonder why he doesnt carry a gun? Its not because hes so worried about lethal force against his fellow man.Its because hes an ex-FELON that served time in a TX prison.

So it doesnt surprise me that he screwed the pooch on this one.One word:ratings.Although I do honestly believe in the possibility that people can change and become non-offenders, I believe all hes doing is grandstanding for a TV show.Thats as perfect a con as I've seen yet.

Just my $.02 feel free to flame away.:S

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

That may all be true, but he also captured a convicted rapist who was living a pretty good life down there in PV, basically in plain sight from what I remember hearing about the case. For all we know, he was STILL drugging and raping women down there.

If the authorities in Mexico had apprehended and deported him, it would not have been necessary for a bounty hunter to go down there and retrieve him. And if the case wasn't so high profile and if the Mexican government wasn't publicly embarrassed by it, I doubt they would be so zealous about prosecuting him now.

If the authorities in Mexico had apprehended and deported him, it would not have been necessary for a bounty hunter to go down there and retrieve him.

If the authorities in the US apprehended fugitives and incarcerated them, it would not be necessary for bounty hunters to go out and retrieve them.

Like it or not, he broke Mexican laws, I guess. And as far as criminal justice goes, Mexico seems to have something that the US does not - a good neighbor.

That may all be true, but he also captured a convicted rapist who was living a pretty good life down there in PV, basically in plain sight from what I remember hearing about the case. For all we know, he was STILL drugging and raping women down there.

I'm not saying that Chapman was wrong in going after this guy.I totally agree that the guy is scum and deserved to be caught and pay for his crimes.But being a US bounty hunter requires you to follow the same policy as any other government policing agency including extradition laws. But Chapman took it upon himself to play cowboy and wanted all the credit for the bust so he screwed off the Mexican govt.I dont know all the legal ramifications but if the jerk has a good lawyer he could possibly argue that he has grounds for an appeal or overturned sentence b/c he was technically illegally extridited thanks to this stunt.By all means go after the assholes, but do it by the book so there arent loopholes they can find to get out and continue their crimes.

I also agree that the Mexican govt isnt the best at things of this nature.All in all, their govt system and police agencies arent exactly well organized or concerned with much of anything other than themselves.

So yes he caught a scumbag...good for him.But he didnt do it legally by the standards of that country's law so he deserves what he gets even though he got the guy off the streets.If the situation were reversed and a bounty hunter had come here and illegally spirited someone out of the country wouldnt you expect the US to be pissed?Thats why its always such a scandal when you see a story about crooked cops...because they should know the law and abide by them aswell.

Laws arent just to be followed by the citizens, they are for the law makers and enforcers too.Like the saying says:Whos watching the watchers.

Like it or not, he broke Mexican laws, I guess. And as far as criminal justice goes, Mexico seems to have something that the US does not - a good neighbor.

HEY! Us Canadians can hear you!

;)

'Shell

We eventually got Canada to extradite Charles Ng after 6 years of fighting...

Besides that, ever wonder why he doesnt carry a gun? Its not because hes so worried about lethal force against his fellow man.Its because hes an ex-FELON that served time in a TX prison.

I don't think Bounty Hunters can carry guns in general, regardless of if you have a criminal history or not. They are not police officers.

He served time for accessory to murder. He watched his friend kill someone.

Besides that, ever wonder why he doesnt carry a gun? Its not because hes so worried about lethal force against his fellow man.Its because hes an ex-FELON that served time in a TX prison.

I don't think Bounty Hunters can carry guns in general, regardless of if you have a criminal history or not. They are not police officers.

Not true... I've seen plenty of bounty hunters carry guns. Depends on the state laws.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

I don't think Bounty Hunters can carry guns in general, regardless of if you have a criminal history or nut. They are not police officers.

Bounty hunters can carry just like body guards and PIs can carry.Its just regulated and/or restricted on a state by state basis.I know there are some bounty hunters here in TX that carry and some that dont.Almost anyone can carry regardless of their status as a paramilitary or police affiliation as long as their state allows.I just took my Concealed Handgun License course in August and am now just waiting on the processing of my application and my license to come in the mail.So even I,as a private citizen, can carry because my state has pro concealed handgun laws.

I dont have the details of the case...did he plea bargain for a lesser sentence,or plead not gulity in general etc.But obviously a judge or jury found him guilty which makes him a felon...period.Also, he was paroled,not appealed/overturned.As for the actual crime, he was a member of a racist motorcycle gang known as the Devil's Deciples and the crime was committed against a drug dealer by a fellow gang member.He could have stopped his friend from killing the deceased, or left and not been a part of the crime at all.But he didnt so he was an accessory to a murder.Its all about choice and he made the wrong one.Also, lets look at his wrap sheet other than the murder charge.Hes been arrested over 32 times,18 of which were for armed robbery.Lets face it, hes not just some poor guy who was in the wrong place/wrong time once and got a bad wrap.Hes an ex-con.

As for this latest stunt.Its not the fact that he didnt pay off the Mexican govt or didnt hand the fugitive over to them for processing etc.The fact is, bounty hunting at all is illegal in Mexico.I seriously doubt he didnt know that little fact going in.

As I said earlier I do believe people can change and become non-offenders.But my husband is a TX prison guard and has been for over 15yrs in a town with 8+ prisons.So sympathy for another con isnt going to be found here.Sorry if I'm biased.*shrug*[:/]

Yeah, I know that people can get concealed carry licenses. I'm a firearm owner (In RI so I won't see a concealed carry permit any time soon) . But as for bounty hunters, I know that there are definitely some states where carrying a firearm is NOT an option.

I was unaware of his other 31 arrests.. not cool. But I still like Dog and the show B|

Laws arent just to be followed by the citizens, they are for the law makers and enforcers too

Thats a good one, Amber.

someof the worst criminals in the US have some kinda of authority, but they also have dirt on their co-workers[:/]
My photos

My Videos

Yeah, I know that people can get concealed carry licenses. I'm a firearm owner (In RI so I won't see a concealed carry permit any time soon) .

Dude, my sympathies on the anti-CHL.That sucks.Go kick your legislators in the ass and get that changed.;)

But as for bounty hunters, I know that there are definitely some states where carrying a firearm is NOT an option.

Theres probably some statute in the anti-CHL states for people working in securities and such (bounty hunters,PIs,body guards etc) that allows them to carry since they are using it in an official capacity **but I could be wrong**.You'd have to hash that out with the legal minds around here that are more educated in the law than I am since I'm only a little over 1/2way through finishing up with my BS in Criminal Justice.:S