CanuckInUSA

Quiting my job today

Well this is kind of a first for me. It's not skydiving related so you can save your "beer" remarks. Anyway today is the last day I will be employed at the company I've been working at since last February. I'm quiting this job (it's not the best job so that makes quiting it easier) so that I can move next week from the Vancouver BC area to Calgary AB. I've obviously moved before, but in all of my past moves, I was unemployed at the time of the move. This is the first time I'm actually quiting my job to help facilitate the move. Life is full of unknowns and uncertainties that's for sure.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I'm completely opposite of you. I quite my job and then move hoping to land something. It always turns out - don't stress about it. Enjoy every minute you have between jobs.

I hear they are looking for workers at the truck stop in Barstow.:P

Dude! Way do ya gotta get up inside my grill? I supress that just fine when I left the Tri-Cities - Thanks!

Do you have another job lined up

Nope ... but there is work to be had in Alberta.

why the move?

It's not the best move as far as skydiving is concerned. I'm leaving an area where multiple turbine DZs exist to move to an area with only seasonal Cessnas. But I'm moving to move back into a house which I own which is predominately paid off and I will be able to live very cheaply while I figure out when to sell this house and what to replace it with.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I'm completely opposite of you. I quite my job and then move hoping to land something. It always turns out - don't stress about it. Enjoy every minute you have between jobs.

I did that the last time I quit.

Took a couple months to get work and a couple more to get paid as a contractor being paid net-60.

Cool, that means there will be a JVX for me to try out just down the road...

Going from turbines to Cessnas will suck, but going from sea level to 3000 ft is nice for swooping! Not much of a canopy piloting scene in Calgary, but a few of us in the Edmonton area are seriously hoping to get some kind of mini-circuit going next year. It will be great to have another swooper around.

More jobs in Alberta than people to fill them with. Some fast food places are even offering almost $20 an hour. Crazy.

Canuck