kelel01

Can you get botulism . . .

Botulism is a rare but serious paralytic illness caused by a nerve toxin that is produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. There are three main kinds of botulism. Foodborne botulism is caused by eating foods that contain the botulism toxin. Wound botulism is caused by toxin produced from a wound infected with Clostridium botulinum. Infant botulism is caused by consuming the spores of the botulinum bacteria, which then grow in the intestines and release toxin. All forms of botulism can be fatal and are considered medical emergencies. Foodborne botulism can be especially dangerous because many people can be poisoned by eating a contaminated food

If so I think you have a pretty good lawsuit on your hands.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Botulism is a rare but serious paralytic illness caused by a nerve toxin that is produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. There are three main kinds of botulism. Foodborne botulism, Wound botulism, Infant botulism

would too much BOTOX injection cause botulism ?? (Yes this is a serious question)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Dude, I mean, that was like, the first Google link.:S

;):P

<---had to look up botulism too.:P

really?? I defined that from memory. That is just a super coincidence that it was the first google link. I'm just super smart. hahahaha.:P

I knew the word but not what it exactly meant.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Botulism is a rare but serious paralytic illness caused by a nerve toxin that is produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. There are three main kinds of botulism. Foodborne botulism is caused by eating foods that contain the botulism toxin. Wound botulism is caused by toxin produced from a wound infected with Clostridium botulinum. Infant botulism is caused by consuming the spores of the botulinum bacteria, which then grow in the intestines and release toxin. All forms of botulism can be fatal and are considered medical emergencies. Foodborne botulism can be especially dangerous because many people can be poisoned by eating a contaminated food

Wow. Interesting read. Well done write-up.

How many bacterium are out there?

If so I think you have a pretty good lawsuit on your hands.

Assuming she lives... :$:P;)
We are all engines of karma

:D:D:D:D:D

Am I now the official recipient of the "Dumbass of the Year" award?

I was actually waiting for a response before opening it. :D

arent your going to school for some type of medical field? :|:S:P
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Yeah - I'm not going to work in soda canning. :P

I would have thought you'd fit right in to a place that had massive amounts of "contents under pressure" :ph34r::o:ph34r:
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

...soda canning. :P

Soda canning...freakin' Yankee. You live in the South - it's Coke canning. Everything's a coke.
:D:D:D

You: I would like a coke, please.
Waitress: What kind?

Who says "Pop" instead of "soda"?
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Nah.. very, very small chance of botulism from a Dr.Pepper.

Sweet beverages, fruit juices and soft drinks are more prone to spoilage from yeasts and molds. Clostridiums prefer to metabolise natural proteins rather than sugars, and a diet Dr. Pepper probably doesn't even have sugars. Even the yeasts would not do much in a diet Dr Pepper.
The artificial sweetner may be a synthetic protein, but it's not the kind that a Clostridium will metabolise.

If the swelling is caused by gas from microbes, then the can was almost certainly damaged at some point to allow the contamination and it's nearly impossible to prove in a legal action that the damaged occured before you bought it and not after.

IMO, the swelling in the can is not microbial spoilage at all but rather the result of physics. Some temperature variation; either it got very hot and gas expanded in the can, or the can was frozen solid at some point (water expands when it freezes).

-