Daizey

Ever assemble a Mr. Potato head in freefall?

I did for my 100th jump!

Ok, so I did it like, 2 months ago, but I just now got the video online :D So I thought I'd share.

I held the potato head the whole time- we didn't get it fully assembled -only 1 ear, a nose (which if you watch closely ends up falling off), and the eyes. We also lost an ear :)
Check it out- Mr. Potato head jump, August 22, 2006

*daizey*

That was freakin' hilarious!!! :D Thanks for sharing! I wanna' go do something like that now and have a bit of fun. :)
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

No clouds were harmed in the making of this video.

Pssssstt.......Spence....those weren't clouds. It was "industrial haze." Don't you know that we skydivers would NEVER[/B] purposely fall through clouds? :)
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

I remember thinking while Scott was telling me the story was how the fuck you guys could manage such precision during freefall.

as you can see... there was no real precision involved... :D:D
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

You've started something. When people ask what to do for their 100th jump, the new answer will be.

"Assemble a Mr Potato Head"

Want to bet that there will be several skdydivers buying Mr Potato Heads in the next couple days?
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

mmmm, yeah, I just got a Mr. Potato Head. Spence ya wanna help me assemble it this weekend at SDA? Seems like a whole bunch of fun. ;):P
Next time a sunrise steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way. Say nothing and listen as heaven whispers, "Do you like it? I did it just for you."

Actually, she didn't start it. There was a Mr. Potato Head contest at the Team Funnel Memorial Day boogie at SDC at least 3 years ago. I'm not sure if it was a Team Funnel invention or where they got the idea from, but there were some really great videos.

I remember seeing this at WFFC 02 if you want to go even further back :P

It was a lot of fun, even if I did get my air stolen a few times. Seeing some of the smiles on the jump reminds me about how much fun this sport can have. :)
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Hey there,

I did it for my 100th, too!! Thanks for the advice on that, Daizy! :) We got 2 pieces in, and I landed with the eyes still in! :)
Here's the video of mine (including my spectacular funnel, oh well nobody's perfect. ;))

http://justjump.e-jeth.net/videos.html
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site