skyejumper

"Skydiving with Celebrities" tv show!

Imagine how cool it would be if there was a skydiving with celebrities show. They could get 8 or 10 celebrities, and then they'd each get a personal coach/trainer. They could make as many jumps as they could in a week (maybe 30-40) and then have a "competition" at the end of each week where they'd need to perform a freefly/rw/freestyle/etc. routine designed by their coach.

The field of judges (taken from some of the well known names in the skydiving world) would rate them on a scale of 1-10, based on how well they executed their pre-determined moves, how much creativity was shown, improvement from the previous week, etc. That would be AWESOME! :)

I might actually watch that one..... and I work at a FOX affiliate!!!
I can't stand most of those reality shows or the "----- with the stars" shows. I did however enjoy "Celebrity Boxing" on Fox a few years ago!!!
Tanya Harding vs Paula Jones was classic!!!!!
Goggles and Teeth

"You fall like a greased safe!!!"

it sounds like more of a tunnel show. if they wentthrough six weeks of tunnel training then aff and some canopy skills. then have them show their skills n the sky.

that mght actually get some veiwers

while they go through tunnel campsthey learn to pack etc.

at the end of the first week they do a tandem.
at the andof the second week they go through aff ground school and do a few jumps.
at the endof the third they finish aff and jump their own packjobs

end of 4th they do enough solos to get their "A".
at the endof the 5th they do coach jumps and work on skills
season finale they do as many pionts as they can with a famous team.

I may even sign up for that .
My photos

My Videos

it sounds like more of a tunnel show. if they wentthrough six weeks of tunnel training then aff and some canopy skills. then have them show their skills n the sky.

that mght actually get some veiwers

while they go through tunnel campsthey learn to pack etc.

at the end of the first week they do a tandem.
at the andof the second week they go through aff ground school and do a few jumps.
at the endof the third they finish aff and jump their own packjobs

end of 4th they do enough solos to get their "A".
at the endof the 5th they do coach jumps and work on skills
season finale they do as many pionts as they can with a famous team.

I may even sign up for that .

How about they give me money instead and I get my "A" and try to become a famous skydiver instead?

Oh yeah, that would be boring for most people.[:/]

I did a 4-way competition after I only had 45 jumps. Of course we only turned 2 points, but we still came in 2nd place. :S It was a smaller dropzone, and only 4 teams.

I keep reading articles about celebrities who "love" to skydive, but it's like... umm.. have you done any in the past 5 years? or "did you just do one or two and now you "love" to skydive?" or did they actually get a license?

This show would be great on the Discovery channel, or whichever channel it is that Eli hosts that greatest stunts show. Any show with celebrities is going to draw a certain audience. OH, and in response to Tom Cruise.... NO! NO. NO. NO. B| He'd stub a toe or twist his ankle and the Scientology center would sue the dropzone for 50 million dollars.

I'll bet sports figures would like to do the show... Lance Armstrong, Andre Agassi, some of the football players I've seen at different DZs, umm... Patrick Swayze's brother, and Slash from Guns-n-Roses (I saw him at Cal City years ago).

In 2003 we had a show on UK TV called Drop the Celebrity.

Basically you had 6 or 8 celebs in a studio which was in the back of a Herc (C130). They had to answer some questions then they were strapped to a tandem instructor and exited the A/C.

The show was won buy a minor celeb called Cheryl Baker (ex Bucks Fizz) who was given the option of staying on the A/C or doing a tandem and increasing the ammount she won for charidee.

She courageously decided to do the tandem (she was shitting herself) failed to lift her legs sufficiently for the landing and broke her ankle.

The show was pretty lame but it did get jumping into the mainstream media prime time slot.

Buzz
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

They do that with poker here, well they did it once thatI know of.
They Fly around and each person who is busted and has to leave has to do so by jumping.
I haven't seen the show but I saw the ads for it.
My photos

My Videos

Imagine how cool it would be if there was a skydiving with celebrities show...

Which Tandem Master has to jump w/the fat chick from "The Practice"? We could see if the tandem gear can survive the opening shock...
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.