Elisha

I need an excuse

To leave work for about 2.5-3 hrs on Monday for an interview. Something credible please. I only work 22 miles south of home and the interview is around 7 miles north of home, so I would have my suit in my car and leave work after an hour or so in the morning, change, interview, change back and then go back to work.

Thanks.

Wouldn't you be better off taking the whole morning off to drive your family member in for lasik surgery since they're not allowed to drive to or from the procedure anyway?
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Just call in with the Flu that morning and take the whole day.

I'm saving my remaining sick days for...being sick and for full day interviews. An excuse for some errand/appt that is usually 8-5ish M-F should be fine such that I'm just gone for a few hours and I'll work a little late that day.

Suck it up and take vacation. What will you do in the interview if you're asked if your current employer knows you're looking, and if asked how you got the time off for the interview?

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

If you boss is a man just use some sort of woman issues. Normally guys don't really question it.

You must not have been paying attention. I'm a male.

Suck it up and take vacation. What will you do in the interview if you're asked if your current employer knows you're looking, and if asked how you got the time off for the interview?

Wendy W.

No way, woman...or MAYBE one day. My remaining vacation will be used for a week between Xmas and New Year's to visit family and be at Eloy or Perris. I have NEVER had an interviewer ask this. Why would they? No one tells their current company they're looking. That just makes their current situation that much worse.

If you boss is a man just use some sort of woman issues. Normally guys don't really question it.

Wendy W.

No way, woman...or MAYBE one day. My remaining vacation will be used for a week between Xmas and New Year's to visit family and be at Eloy or Perris. I have NEVER had an interviewer ask this. Why would they? No one tells their current company they're looking. That just makes their current situation that much worse.

Oh my bad, should have looked at your profile first, sorry! :)

Dental work is always a good one. Getting a crown takes a long appointment. Although you have to be careful if people ask you how it went and/or are expecting you to come back all novocained up.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Wendy W.

Oh my bad, should have looked at your profile first, sorry! :)
The Elisha in the Bible was a man as well.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I am the only one who can drive my very very rich and old aunts cat to the vet. I,ll only be gone a while then the vets office was packed on returning.I always liked the vision problem trick just dont tell them "I just cant see being there". I always liked it when they come up to you at quitting time Saturday and ask if you could come in Sunday, because one of their pets couldnt. My reply, Boy did you pick a wrong time, tomorrow I get my perfect attendance pin at St Mattress I have to be there {weather looks great}. By the time they get about 10 steps they realize you just put one over on them they wont turn back to admit it. Also have someone from a phony dentist office with a cancellation and you have to leave right now. Otherwise your appointment isnt until Nov 22nd.Sometimes K-Mart called and has an opening as a shopping cart retriever and you cant pass up an opportunity to advance your career. They will scratch their heads as you drive away.