NWFlyer

My new favorite album

So who (besides me) has recently "discovered" an album that's been out for 5, 10 years, maybe longer?

I'm newly-addicted to Five Days in July by Blue Rodeo. I'd heard the song "Five Days in May" a bunch of times on the radio but I finally broke down and bought the album and I'm lovin' it.

What have you recently found?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Well... mine isn't out for 5 - 10 years or longer, but I just found it.

Lest we forget: The best of Marilyn Manson

I really like it. His band is incredible. If he'd shut up they'd probably sell more albums :D

The Crow Soundtrack found its way back into the rotation after a few years off - its a fantastic mix of 90's techno/metal/hardrock. Me likey :P

Jen
Arianna Frances

So who (besides me) has recently "discovered" an album that's been out for 5, 10 years, maybe longer?

I'm newly-addicted to Five Days in July by Blue Rodeo. I'd heard the song "Five Days in May" a bunch of times on the radio but I finally broke down and bought the album and I'm lovin' it.

I just heard the "Hookie Pokie" for the first time. :PWhat is sad is the guy that wrote it just passed away. When they were putting him into the coffin, it was all going fine up until they put his right leg in.:ph34r:
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

OH man! That is just wild, I thought I was the only person alive in the US that knew about Blue Rodeo. Five Days in May is just an awesome album. :ph34r: It's my "get over an ex-lover" album.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

OH man! That is just wild, I thought I was the only person alive in the US that knew about Blue Rodeo. Five Days in May is just an awesome album. :ph34r: It's my "get over an ex-lover" album.

See, I could see it as the total opposite... a "be all happy about your lover" kind of album. But yeah, I guess it's about 50/50 on the happy about love vs. bitter about loss of love songs. All depends on your mood, I guess. All I know is I've listened to it about 5 times so far today and it's making me :)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I'm also in a Tom Petty mood. I saw him at an outdoor concert recently in the pouring rain. It was AWESOME! That man knows how to rock. The guy beside me had some "You Don't Know How It Feels" and this concert recharged me for Tom Petty again.

The Set list was a little short because it was a Music Festival but this was it...

Listen To Her Heart
You Don't Know How It Feels
Makin' Some Noise
Free Fallin'
Turn This Car Around
Don't Do Me Like That
Mary Janes Last Dance
Baby Please Don't Go
Handle With Car
Melinda
I Won't Back Down
Don't Come Around Here No More
Refugee
Runnin' Down A Dream

Encores-
You Wreck Me
Rainy Day Woman
Carol
Hey Mona

When the drums, harmonica and the bass kicked in on song two it was fukcn' awesome...dude.B|

Okay, today I'm addicted to Live at the Roxy by Social Distortion. This is one of those bands I've discovered recently and I just found this CD in the used rack at my local music store. (Edit to add I just noticed that StreetScooby mentioned Social D in the most recent post...)

Makes me even more sad about missing them two years ago because I was stuck in a hospital bed. :S Just checked the web site and it looks like they're playing the hell out of California in the next couple months but not coming up the coast. Oh well, yet another excuse to head down there. B|

Two words... Jackie Greene

Sweet Somewhere Bound is a great album as is Gone Wanderin...

Fantastic stuff....

Oh yeah, I heard that on the radio in the car one day and sent a text message to my email account just so I wouldn't forget. Haven't actually gone out and purchased the album yet.

check out the greatest hits album too

1. American Girl
3. Listen To Her Heart
4. I Need To Know
5. Refugee
6. Don't Do Me Like That
7. Even The Losers
8. Here Comes My Girl
9. The Waiting
10. You Got Lucky
11. Don't Come Around Here No

12. I Won't Back Down
13. Runnin' Down A Dream
14. Free Fallin'
15. Learning To Fly
16. Into The Great Wide Open
17. Mary Jane's Last Dance
18. Something In The Air

Okay, today I'm addicted to Live at the Roxy by Social Distortion. This is one of those bands I've discovered recently and I just found this CD in the used rack at my local music store. (Edit to add I just noticed that StreetScooby mentioned Social D in the most recent post...)

Makes me even more sad about missing them two years ago because I was stuck in a hospital bed. :S Just checked the web site and it looks like they're playing the hell out of California in the next couple months but not coming up the coast. Oh well, yet another excuse to head down there. B|

Wow did you just make me feel old! The last time I saw Social Distortion live was 17 years ago. :S Don't know what songs are on "Live at the Roxy", but you've got to check out their self-titled album and Prison Bound, and Mommy's Little Monster while you're at it. Social D.... yay! :)
Edit to add: Well shit...I just looked up the title list for Live at the Roxy. Leaving the office now to go buy myself a copy. :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Wow did you just make me feel old! The last time I saw Social Distortion live was 17 years ago. :S Don't know what songs are on "Live at the Roxy", but you've got to check out their self-titled album and Prison Bound, and Mommy's Little Monster while you're at it. Social D.... yay! :)

Dave, you're only 2 years older than me - you're not allowed to feel ancient. Remember, the original point of this post (months ago) was albums/bands that may have been around for a while that you've just recently discovered. That's how I am with Social D. A little more than two years ago a friend from work said "Hey, wanna see Social D?" I didn't know much about them but was up for trying something new (and truth be told he was pretty hot and I hadn't yet discovered there isn't much upstairs). I didn't make it to that show (damn unplanned hospital stays) but I will make it a point to now that I've heard them live.

Live at the Roxy contains...

1. Story of My Life
2. Bad Luck
3. Under My Thumb
4. Prison Bound
5. Mommy's Little Monster
6. Mass Hysteria
7. The Creeps
8. Another State of Mind
9. Let It Be Me
10. No Pain, No Gain
11. Cold Feelings
12. Telling Them
13. I Was Wrong
14. 1945
15. Don't Drag Me Down
16. Ball & Chain
17. Ring of Fire

Edit to add while I was writing that you were looking it up. Good stuff, eh?

saw Frank Marino last night. Good 3 hours of jammin in a small bar.
On the way to the show we passed a sign for the Palace where Def Leppard and Cheap Trick are playing soon. Those two were my first two concerts back in '83. wow. And Frank Marino was on the radio with "Strange Dreams" back then i think.
anyway, back to new discoveries.. whenever i hear Bjork on XM, i get intrigued by her singing.
Am i alone on this one ?
:S

On the way to the show we passed a sign for the Palace where Def Leppard and Cheap Trick are playing soon.

Don't know how Def Leppard is these days, but you're better off listening to "Live at Budokan" than going to see Cheap Trick live now. :S They seem to believe a multitude of sins can be masked by turning the volume up to 11.