adventurechick

First Flying lesson tomorrow!!

I really would like to get my pilot's license and I am taking my first flying lesson tomorrow!! So does this beer rule for "firsts" apply to flying as well?

Where the hell do you get the money for all this stuff...arn';t you looking for work:ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I really would like to get my pilot's license and I am taking my first flying lesson tomorrow!! So does this beer rule for "firsts" apply to flying as well?

NO! , AN NO!!
Got my license in 1972.. It's nice to have!! Enjoy!!!B|B|
Arizona only has two seasons, Hot and HOTTER!

My flying lessons are free :o)

EDIT: And yes, I'm still looking for work!

Ahh the power of boobies, even little ones...I'm soo jealous:ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

This pilot has helped out a few people... guys and girls... anyone with a passion and willingness to learn!

oh so he;'s like a crack dealer, 1st one or 2 hits free:D:D:D
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

lol! EXACTLY!!!! That's why all first tandems should be free.:)

My 1st tandem was free, it was also at about jump number 450, I was a test dummy gfor a mate doing his TM rating :):ph34r:
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

True, though I can't even fathom not wanting to immediately do it again. I was at a dropzone and several tandems came in. It was surprising to me that everyone's first response wasn't, "That's the best thing I've ever done!!! I want more!!!"

However, there are always those that get one taste and immediately want more. Those people might take that first jump sooner if it were being offered for free.;)

Flying is fun. I went for my pilot's license years ago, but never achieved it due to academic issues. Now I've changed, could definitely get it no problem, but don't have the money. So I'm now living vicariously through you adventurechick, good luck. :P
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

No beer for a first lesson, but after you solo they'll hack off your shirt tail...... :o

Then you fire up a bowl...no, got that wrong, then you crack a beer!:ph34r: or was that just do some crack? damn.....I need another beer!

And damn, a flt instructor who gives free lessons! now that's awesome! Got my liscense in 1986.....still love flying..

I am on about 14 hours in my trike....and it is the best. There is nothing like flying along, picking out some dirt road to land on, and setting down with your fellow trike flyers. We fly out in the desert, so landings are wide open. Also, shutting down the engine and going "stealth" as we joke is very cool...just gliding through the air, and then when you want some more altitude, just flick the starter switch.

The FAA is forcing all ultralights to become N-numbered, so I am currently doing the "King Sprot Pilot" program on my computer, and the check ride series too. Very good program, makes understanding maps, airspace, and such very clear. I would recomend the programs. kingschools.com

edit to add:

Have to mention cost here...trikes run from $20,000 new, (less than a Harley, but who would want a Harley anyway), and are a very economical way to fly. I was able to purchase mine for $15K with 60 hours on it. And for safety, they can be equiped with a BRS parachute. Fuel costs are low, I burn about 3 gallons an hour, and can cruise at 45 mph airspeed. And, the climb rate is about 800 fpm.

You're lying to yourself. The Bush administration could probably prove you are one, so you better start doubting your own sincerity.:S

Please don't get this rather innocuous thread to SC... :|
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

You're lying to yourself. The Bush administration could probably prove you are one, so you better start doubting your own sincerity.:S

Please don't get this rather innocuous thread to SC... :|

He is taking the piss out of you Icon:D:D:D
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?