ntrprnr

How do you take your coffee?

Where's the option for black like something other than "my" man? :S

Black as night. Double strength.

I can't believe no one got the "Airplane" reference with the "Black, like my men" choice.

For drip coffee, it depends on the beans. I'll cover the range from black to cream and sugar depending on how good the coffee is (worse = more additives). I generally buy decent coffee and just add a bit of cream (unsweetened whipping cream or half & half). That said, I get an espresso drink of some sort just about every day, sometimes two or three. Mocha with half chocolate & half vanilla, 16 oz double shot or 20 oz triple.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

As I sit here with my second cup of the day (skim/splenda) I wondered how the rest of us drink our morning cuppa joe?

Like I like my women...

Hot and Bitter.

-Gardner

I agree - just like my women -

but cold and bitter....
Scars remind us that the past is real

Very dark brew, half n half, splenda and then a touch of sugar in the raw. I drink so much coffee in the mornig that the splenda saves me about 200 calories a day but the little bit of real sugar gives it a good tast.
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

Anyone own a Tassimo? www.tassimo.com

My company's office in Cambridge has something similar. It makes good coffee, and I drink a lot more coffee than normal when I am there since I can always have a fresh cup and I can try lots of different varieties.

I looked into getting one for home. I didn't so much balk at the up-front cost, but at the per-cup cost - seemed to be much higher than a regular coffee maker and wasn't worth it to me.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

My tassimo costs about $30 every 9 weeks. A hell of a lot cheaper than Starbucks, and takes about 3 seconds to make. Totally worth it.

And I can do it when I'm not awake yet - i.e., before I've had coffee.

My tassimo costs about $30 every 9 weeks. A hell of a lot cheaper than Starbucks, and takes about 3 seconds to make. Totally worth it.

And I can do it when I'm not awake yet - i.e., before I've had coffee.

Well, yeah, definitely cheaper than Starbucks. I don't normally buy drip coffee at a coffee shop - I always make that at home. For me, coffee shops are for espresso drinks that I don't have the skill/equipment to make at home. So, relative to making my own drip coffee in a standard coffee maker, I didn't like the cost/value equation.

Edit to add - I just looked more closely and it looks like the Tassimo discs are a lot more reasonably priced than the Keurig ones. Hmmm... something to look into.

Of course, these days, almost all of my coffee consumption is done on the road and, therefore, on someone else's dime. B|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I am totally addicted to columbian coffee.

In darker roasts, it is the roast's smoky, pungent, burnt taste that dominates overtaking the bean's natural flavor. Many times the dark roast's burnt taste will mask beans that are low in flavor and quality. (Starbucks tastes burnt to me)

Lightly roasted coffee beans have a sharper, more acidic taste than darker roasts. The coffee suffers less heat exposure, which maintains the bean's qualities. Because flavor is revealed, light roasts are used with higher quality beans.

I grind my columbian beans fresh for each cup and drink my coffee with sugar and half & half cream.

SMiles;)
eustress. : a positive form of stress having a beneficial effect on health, motivation, performance, and emotional well-being.

Of course, these days, almost all of my coffee consumption is done on the road and, therefore, on someone else's dime. B|

Do you really reimburse for COFFEE?? I could NEVER be that anal - It's just not in my bloodstream. I'd shoot myself in the head before I had to keep receipts for coffee. I'm lucky I turn in my FedEx receipts.

The only way I can drink coffee is to add so much sweetener/cream/flavorings to hide the bad taste, that it is more like hot ice cream with a little coffee flavor. I'd rather just eat some ice cream.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Do you really reimburse for COFFEE?? I could NEVER be that anal - It's just not in my bloodstream. I'd shoot myself in the head before I had to keep receipts for coffee. I'm lucky I turn in my FedEx receipts.

Well, it's often part of a meal, so that's a little different.

But yes, I am that anal. As far as I'm concerned I'm milking the expense account for every expense I incur on the road. I consider it payback for having to be on the road that much. But I don't have to keep receipts for the small stuff.

How do I take my coffee?

In bed with a smile if you know what's good for you.

:ph34r::ph34r:>:(

Couldn't resist!! Actually, I prefer coffee sweet 'n' creamy, like my men.

Is it a silly afternoon in here, or is it just me? :D:D

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?