TheBile

Who will play Kirk and Spock ?

Star Trek XI is in production and is being written and directed by the creators of Alias and Lost. If all goes well it is anticipated to hit cinema's in 2008. Early reports indicate the story will revolve around a young Kirk and Spock. With this in mind, who do you think will play these characters. Will McCauley(sp?) Culkin still be too young to play a young Kirk, will Matt Damon be too old ? Who would you like to see adopt those pointy ears ? Let us know.
Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !

Brandon Routh was selected as Superman for his remarkable resemblance to a young Christopher Reeve. Most people have no idea what acting experience he had before that. Appearance was more important than performance.

Likewise; I don't think the Kirk & Spock roles will be played by well-known 'mainstream' actors.
They are likely to go for some lesser known look-alikes.

Kirk - Ashton Kutcher, he'll have to bring up his acting ability quite a bit to match a young William Shatner, but we can hope he pulls it off ;). Either him or Jim Carey (for obvious reasons).

Spock - Scarlett Johanson, she has successfully been able to play all her roles without exibiting a drop of emotional delivery, so far. She's a natural. Plus she's hot.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Kirk: Laura Crift
Spock: Batgirl

Naturals, I tell ya'.
Besides, they could play out the obvious Kirk/Spock love/hate relationship and we'd ALL go see the horizontal action.

:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Holy hell! It takes Star Trek to get you to come out and play? :D

Hugs! Hope all is well. :)

** WARNING - Thread digression ahead **

Hi Cora. My fingers were eaten off by a coyote who escaped from the local zoo dressed as a security guard. Haven't been able to use the keyboard as a result. Didn't have the coordination to type with my toes or nose. Didn't want to scare my co-workers by using any other protruding body parts either. It's taken this long for my digits to grow back so I can finally type again.

It's true, honest :)

Hope you haven't changed much in all this time. B|
Gerb

** WARNING - Thread digression ahead **

Hi Cora. My fingers were eaten off by a coyote who escaped from the local zoo dressed as a security guard. Haven't been able to use the keyboard as a result. Didn't have the coordination to type with my toes or nose. Didn't want to scare my co-workers by using any other protruding body parts either. It's taken this long for my digits to grow back so I can finally type again.

It's true, honest :)

Hope you haven't changed much in all this time. B|

:D:D Glad to see/hear that your digits have grown back. :P Hope that means we'll see more of you. (ok...that sounds naughty, but it's honestly not meant to be...this time.)

ummm....from what I've been told the only change is that I'm "sassier" than usual. :) Have no clue why. :D

Keep in touch!!!!
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

I don't get it . . .

Why not have William Shatner play Kirk, and Leonard Nimoy play Spock? I mean if they were dead, fine, but they aren't.

Anything else, would be like re-making "Gone with the Wind" with Britney as Scarlett and 50 Cent as Rhett . . . Hey, maybe I got something there!

NickD :)BASE 194

Yep, 11. The 10 so far :-

ST1 - The Motion Sickness
ST2 - The Rap of Kahn
St3 - The Stripsearch of Spock
ST4 - The Voyage of Homer
ST5 - The Final Straw
ST6 - The Undiscovered Vaginary
ST7 - Genderations
ST8 - First Contact Lens
ST9 - Insur'mountable'rection
ST10 - Name My Sis
Gerb

I don't get it . . .

Why not have William Shatner play Kirk, and Leonard Nimoy play Spock? I mean if they were dead, fine, but they aren't.

NickD :)BASE 194

They're not dead, but they sure as hell have gotten older :D
You can only achieve so much rejuvenation with conventional make-up, and weight loss for Shatner would definitely require some heavy CGI [;)
BTW is it me or does anybody else think that this "prequel" fad is getting a bit out of hand?
Cheers,

Vale

I don't get it . . .

BTW is it me or does anybody else think that this "prequel" fad is getting a bit out of hand?

I agree. I'm waiting for "Star Trek : The 20th Century" where they follow the progress of Earths first ventures into outer space. Characters such as Armstrong, Lovell, Young and McAuliffe could be created. You could have a robot called 'Pathfinder' who didn't have any AI but did alright without it. You wouldn't need much prosthetics as Alien encounters didn't happen much in that era.
Gerb