davedlg

RockClimbing.com

ok... we definitely have better mods here. I can't believe how close minded theirs are...

I really got bored over there. I thought they had some Troll Fighters... it was mostly "say whatever you want I'm not listening to you" "la la la la la la"

Or

"Sticks and stones may break my bones"

pussies.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

This is kinda off topic, but I can understand where a lot of thier complaints are coming from. DZ.com and the new RC.com lack a whole lot of the features that many other popular forum solutions have had for years. Thier site is pretty bland too.

I say that as someone who has done web development and put together a lot of forums. I think most people here don't realize that because they haven't posted a lot on more feature rich forums. I know why things are the way they are, so you don't have to gripe to me about that. Just wanted to say that I understand why they are all bitching.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

ok... we definitely have better mods here. I can't believe how close minded theirs are...

I really got bored over there. I thought they had some Troll Fighters... it was mostly "say whatever you want I'm not listening to you" "la la la la la la"

Or

"Sticks and stones may break my bones"

pussies.

Go see how they react to <<<<{{{{{[[[[((((llll V I B E S llll))))]]]]}}}}}>>>>>:(
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

This is kinda off topic, but I can understand where a lot of thier complaints are coming from. DZ.com and the new RC.com lack a whole lot of the features that many other popular forum solutions have had for years. Thier site is pretty bland too.

I say that as someone who has done web development and put together a lot of forums. I think most people here don't realize that because they haven't posted a lot on more feature rich forums. I know why things are the way they are, so you don't have to gripe to me about that. Just wanted to say that I understand why they are all bitching.

Oh I agree with you Fast. Bonfire isn't my only play ground. :)

The HH is making a statement and he's furnishing his new house with his tastes. This may be a good thing or a bad thing. From what I've gathered he's a real minimalist and doesn't like the frills. Give him functionality of looks and flash any day of the week.

Dz.com and RC.com forums are bland and boring. They're really not made to be the "main focus" of the site. The sites main focus is community and DZ.com has a very rich history of community. RC.com also has the same. But what makes the community are the people and the different personalities, not the flash, the features or the smilies. It's the people who fill the forums with info, jokes and BOOBIES!!

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

As an aside, there are a lot of plugins for this fourm availble that have never been implemented here or there. I know some of them would be super cool, but we had some on here that were abused the second they were turned on. There is slick plug in that would put a check mark next to every thread that you had posted in so it was easy to see if you had any thing to say even a long time ago on something. With in the first week it soon became a contest among some posters to display screen shots showing who had the most check marks. This resulted in a lot of excess drivel being posted just so someone could get 200 straght check marks.[:/] Also every new post would get a ton of replys just to keep the check marks even though they were not contributing to the conversation at all, just adding noise.

I miss that option a lot but since it was abused it was taken away.

There is also a Karma plugin availble but that is asking for abuse also since the cliches are already formed and its eay to rate a troll as high karma if you get a group of people to do it. Or worse is to knock somes karma points low since you disagree with their politics in SC it would reflect over the whole site.

I'd love to see some of the plug ins be used, but I also understand that in order to create a community and maintain a common feel to the site that some things are needed to be left out. :)
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I fully understand. Which I noted above. Just that this thread started with a lot of talk about how the people over there were pretty much assholes. I think I would be mighty pissed if it happened to some comunity that I was part of is all.

On a second side note:
The only thing that really pisses me off about this and the other forum is that neither auto create hyperlinks when a URL is put into a post. I mean 95% of forum software does that. It turns into a constant pita for people to make clickys for people who can't figure out how it works.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Oh I agree! I remember there was bitching when these fourms first came online. Originally you had 2-3 profiles. One was a fourm profile, then you had a classifieds profile and then something else too. There was a lot of bitching about that but in time that got resolved too.

Looking under the hood of this site is revealing, its sooooooo customizable its not funny. Everyone here also needs to remember that new features over there could make their way here too in time B|

I do miss the ability to have animated icons and some of the inline picture we used to have for a brief time though...
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Ok so I just ventured over to our friends and I have not been so pissed in a long time.

Is skydiving a sport? I read most of the responses and are people really that close minded. I tried to get into rock climbing once. I could say it wasn't much a sport but rather a work out. Thus the reason there are rock climbing gyms full of people that never actually climb a rock outside of a building. However I consider it a sport.
Whatthe fuck ever anyway.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

I found that pretty odd as well. You'd think that as proponents of a similarly obscure and ill understood sport themselves, they'd comprehend that skydiving is more than just throwing yourself out of an airplane and succumbing to the effects of gravity, even if they don't understand exactly the details involved.

My favorites were the ones who, in the same breath, called all skydivers idiots, and yet pointed to the fact that you could die rock climbing.

Holy cow, there are some cranky people over there.... I have a headache now from reading all the negativitiy.

I LOVE MY DZ.COM PEEPS!!!! :)
g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Well, I've seen discussions here about whether skydiving could be considered a sport. Of course, we always agree that it can be :ph34r:

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Whether or not skydiving is a sport is a valid discussion to be had, with good points on both sides. But the issue isn't the fact that they were having the conversation, it was the blatant misinformed ignorance, and general lack of desire to learn before judging that struck me. I expect that out of most people, but it surprised me coming from other adventure seekers.

Comments like this:

Your "sport" only requires you to remember one thing... pull the ripcord (not even that if you're on a line)... ours is a wee bit more complex than that.

Do they honestly believe that?

Or the nice comments said about HH>:(
Breathe out so I can breathe you in...