RkyMtnHigh

Are you more like your...

Now that you're an adult, have you noticed traits which you have which are more like one of your parents? If you want to share, what traits would those be? Can you conscientiously change them if you wanted to?

I've noticed that I'm much like my dad and I'm happy about that...he's funny, loving, caring, and generous, especially with his heart.

To extend to this post, have you found a mate who is more like your mom or dad?

I have been with mates much like my mom and finally I have found someone much like my dad and I'm finally content.

I've picked up some behavioral traits from my mom, but fundamentally I am my father's child. We approach the world in the same way, have the same sensitivities and the same outlook on things.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I am most like my grandma to be technical about it. Im glad Im not like my mom, shes a total fruit loop...(certified). My grandma is a very loving, quite behind the scenes type of person, who strives for happiness in her family but will stand up and fight for her family at a moments notice. She taught me what true love is as well as how to forgive and that there is some good in everyone, know matter how small it might be. And also, that deep down everyone wants to be loved and accepted. Yep, Im like my grandma and I couldnt be happier....shes my hero.....;)

As far as my mate... he's a 30 year younger version of my dad, clear down to appearance. They both know everything about everything, are very passionate about life and could sell ice to an eskimo and a freezer to put it it....:D

hrm... I'm not sure... I think I tend to balance the traites of my parents fairly evenly.

I also have picked up good (and bad) habits from many others I have been around over the years...

I don't have an SO but I do tend to be attracted to women that are much like my mother and sisters (i.e. strong intellectually, confident... etc...) but it doesn't really work so well... That's ok though...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I am the milkmans baby. My SO is alot like the milk man!:$:ph34r:

Bobbi

So are you saying your SO is your dad?
or
your SO delivers more than 'milk' to his customers? :o

:D:P
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Then they fired the mold maker

.. Like it was all your mom's fault:P

I have a lot of traits from my mother and father, but would say that I am probably more like my uncle.. On my mom's side, so don't go there:):o

Now, with my son, we can definitely see a lot of me in him.. Although, some of it is not all good :D.. But what a great kid he is;)

Once the plane takes off, you're gonna have to land - Might as well jump out!!

For me, anyone who says I remind them of my dad in any way is paying me the biggest compliment a girl can get. Unless of course they are referring to his beard. ;) He is an incredible human being and I can only hope to be such an impact on the world. I am such a daddy's girl...
Because life is an adventure - it may not be the one you planned, but then it wouldn't be an adventure!

I am more like my mom, but a toned down version.

She is sweet enough to rot your teeth and always (ALWAYS) self-sacrificing. Sometimes it annoyed me to keep watching her bend and then get taken advantage of.... I don't want to be that "nice." But I'm not anywhere near as stubborn or cold as my father was.

I look up obstinate in websters thesaurus and most of the synonyms (adamant, hard, hardened, hardheaded, hardhearted, headstrong, immovable, implacable, inflexible, mulish, obdurate, opinionated, ossified, pat, pertinacious, rigid, self-willed, stubborn, unbending, uncompromising, unrelenting, unyielding, willful) could apply to him. The antonyms (acquiescent, agreeable, amenable, compliant, complying, flexible, pliable, pliant, relenting, yielding) describe my mom.... I don't want to be thought of as either. :|

I am more like my dad--- unfortunately I have inherited some of his less than ideal genetic traits as well. My mother tends to be a very negative woman. My dad would talk to anyone and I am pretty much the same way...There are times when strangers start talking to me standing in the check out line or where ever and I will hear alot more than I ever wanted to know:S....BTW I am a (mental health/substance abuse) counselor/social worker...so talking and listening is my business...dang how did I get off on that?......analyze analyze analyze Of course looking at who I am and why Im and where I am are part of my training......J

Maybe you should add "blend" because I got my dad's sense of adventure and courage (career pilot) along with my mom's sense of nervousness and insecurity. Thus, I was always the gung-ho skydiving student with a massive case of sweaty hands and pre-jump "laxative effect" ;)
“Keep your elbow up!"