jumper03

Do you laugh, do you cry or do you get pissed?

I'm grading my last round of tests....I wrote on the board in big letters "All modern power plants use 238Uranium as fuel". I put that on the study guide. We talked for two days about what modern nuclear power plants use for fuel....

So on the test I ask - "What do modern nuclear power plants use for fuel?"

So far I have gotten:
oil
water
electricity
unariuem
carbon 123
hydrogen....

i don't know what else to do....

:|[:/]
Scars remind us that the past is real

hahahaha i hear ya man!

it's thru and thru the school systems. I'm in jr high and sometimes it makes me wonder what else to do. . .

I fail them all horribly and convince them it counts, then have a "make up test" (note the original failed doesn't really count, i lie) and they can redeem themselves. They usually know the basics for the second one :P

If you find an answer you let me know :S

Those who do, can't explain. Those who don't, can't understand.

I wrote on the board in big letters "All modern power plants use 238Uranium as fuel".

then your question on the exam was

"What do modern nuclear power plants use for fuel?"

See the difference? What if it wasn't a modern neclear power plant? Its all your fault!@!!!:P

What age students? If it's any higher than 7th grade, that is just pitiful.

We've got 4 children in school, junior high through college. It's amazing how ignorant so many of their classmates are about basic science, things that our kids learned at the dinner table. [:/]

Oh well, it makes being a genius a lot easier to achieve. :P

We've got 4 children in school, junior high through college. It's amazing how ignorant so many of their classmates are about basic science, things that our kids learned at the dinner table. [:/]

College - intro physical science for non-science majors...

Far out I was thinking maybe 8th-10th grade low acheivers:o
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

In that case, "unariuem" was a reasonable answer.
:D:D:D

Oh, P.S. - if this had been a poll, I'd have voted for "you cry". [:/]
Good example: go into the "Origin of the Species" thread in SC (if you dare - muhahaha...). View some of the posts in there from your perspective as an educator. You'll cry..

I wrote on the board in big letters "All modern power plants use 238Uranium as fuel".

then your question on the exam was

"What do modern nuclear power plants use for fuel?"

See the difference? What if it wasn't a modern neclear power plant? Its all your fault!@!!!:P

He should have spelled it with phonetic inflection.

"Nooo-keul-ar":D:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Fail them, seriously!!!!

They are adults, they are in college. They should have studied instead of drinking all night before the test.

This is coming from a college student who pays for his own school, and busts his ass. I am a bit tired of of how students get passed through the system with minimal effort and in the end dilute the value of a college degree. College isn't 1/10 as difficult as when our parents were going to school.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Why laugh, cry or get pissed? You are doing your job and they are not doing theirs. It's not your fault if they are not paying attention. It's not your fault if they get it wrong like that.

Just move on with it. Tell your students, "If you pay attention in lectures, you'll receive the answers to tests." Give them a pop quiz during the last ten minutes of class that tests exactly what you mentioned on the lecture. Do it again a couple of weeks later.

They'll get the hint. I mean, if they haven't paid enough attention to a lecture to not remember something 30 minutes later, then you can have something to tell them about the next lecture. Some int the class will find the quix was easy. For those who found it hard, it would make sense for them to quit playing solitaire on their laptops.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

It's an AN-2.

YUP! B|

Actually -

I wonder what Jumper03 would do if, after viewing a nice long round of DZ.com started grading a paper, and in all the answer blanks the number 42 was written.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Actually -

I wonder what Jumper03 would do if, after viewing a nice long round of DZ.com started grading a paper, and in all the answer blanks the number 42 was written.

Or... would he give pratial credit for AN-2?

Did you mean "An AN-2" or "A -2 cuz if so, and really, either way, your grammar and spelling habits need some work.

Hey that could have hurt!>:(

It's an AN-2.

YUP! B|

Actually -

If I had a student that intelligent, that witty, I would jump up and down and recommend they be giving a Masters degree straight away.

As it is, I have students that do not know the number of seconds in a minute.

There's 42, right?

I guess I didn't tell you guys that story....

Working over homework one class - the students couldn't agree on how many seconds were in a minute. So I let them vote.

It was a unanimous decision - 36 seconds in a minute.

The scary part? The students in that class are all teachers aide's that are working on their teachers certificates so they can be let loose in the classroom.

There's 42, right?

I guess I didn't tell you guys that story....

Working over homework one class - the students couldn't agree on how many seconds were in a minute. So I let them vote.

It was a unanimous decision - 36 seconds in a minute.

The scary part? The students in that class are all teachers aide's that are working on their teachers certificates so they can be let loose in the classroom.

Where do you teach?