Thanatos340

Loud Cell Phone Talkers..

Hate them.

I dont want to know that Little Johnny was sick or whatever else some stranger saying to some unseen person on the other end of the call.

I just had to go to the bank. First time I have stepped foot into a B&M Bank in probably two years. So I am standing in line with about 8 or 9 others.. Nice Quiet Line. And some Blonde Yuppie Bimbo has to get on the Phone. Well she probably really didnt need the phone cause loud as she was talking, the person the other end could have heard them if they were in a 5 mile radius Im sure.

So Im sitting there biting my tongue (wanting to tell her that if she spoke up just a little, the customers in line at the bank across the street could hear too.). Finally after about 5 minutes, One of the tellers comes up to her and Politely asks her to keep her voice down. My first thought was "My Hero".. But then it downhill Quick.. Ms Yuppie Bimbo blows a gasket.. "Im talking to my customer" she starts screaming. The teller again Politely explains "And we are trying to talk to our customers but they cant hear us over your phone call, All I am asking is keep you voice down a little". The Yuppie Bimbo starts in with "get me the Manager, RIGHT NOW!! I want the Manager!!" and proceeds to head back to bank managers office to complain.

Sad!! Just sad!!

I really wanted to hang around and see what happened. But I had to go. But I did make sure to thank the Teller before I left.

Yep.. Now I remember why I like online banking so much!!.

Anyone else hate loud cell phone talkers?

Yes, I hate them as well...

I like the convienance of the cell phone. I like its capabilities especially in an emergency.

but i really miss the days when things could WAIT!

The one's that really get under my skin are the ones in a theatre who insist on answering their cell phone while I am trying to enjoy a movie! They have only been asking people to silence their cell phones in theatres for the last several YEARS! You would think these people would take the hint!

Goudha is for Buddha, and that's good enough for me!

They are going to have a segment on Prime Time Live tonight about this very thing. They staged a scenario of a loud talker in a restaurant to see what people will do.

Edit: It's not on tonight. They must have moved the program to another night.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

whats even worse are the people who blab on the speakerphone on a cell phone. after all the years of having cell phones around, you would think that society might get over the "Hey look at me, I am on the phone, so I must be important" complex.

Seems like, you can't go anywhere these days without someone yappin' on their cell-phones! Restaurants, theatres, banks... anywhere. What I don't understand is, what is so damned important that people with cell-phones have to be on them, what seems, constantly. To me, these people are just plain rude. If, they are at a theatre or restaurant, they can take it to the lobby. Most of the time, I leave mine in my pick-up. I have voice mail and my phone, lets me know who called. I'll call them back. I wish, so many times, I had a zapper that would cut-off some rude-asses call when I'm trying to enjoy a movie or a meal in a restaurant.
It really chaps my ass!

Chuck

I wish, so many times, I had a zapper that would cut-off some rude-asses call when I'm trying to enjoy a movie or a meal in a restaurant.
It really chaps my ass!

Chuck

hmmm, sounds like a good reason to start manufacturing a small EMP device to short out the phones ;)

What gets me is that when their phone rings they MUST pick up, regardless of the situation. Even in the middle of a conversation with someone in person.
And these same people probably let the phone ring at home, thinking Oh, let the voice mail take it.

But you have to understand, mental illness is like cholesterol. There is the good kind and the bad. Without the good kind- less flavor to life. - Serge A. Storms

Guilty! :$:$:$

And I don't mean to at all! It's just that when I get OFF of the phone, I suddenly realize how quiet it is around me, and that I must have been talking far too loudly. :$

I try REALLY hard to be very conscientious about talking quietly because I really get embarrassed when I realize that I was talking too loud. :$

Joe and I will check who's calling if we're in a restaurant and the phone is on vibrate, but we'll call them back after or step outside to call if it's important. He actually taught me to do that; I was always talking on my phone in restaurants until I got scolded one night when we were out to dinner! :ph34r:
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

What gets me is that when their phone rings they MUST pick up, regardless of the situation. Even in the middle of a conversation with someone in person.
And these same people probably let the phone ring at home, thinking Oh, let the voice mail take it.

agreed. i have actually stated to someone..."Hey, its like this, the guy on the phone is BEHIND ME IN LINE...GET IT!

To add to a loud phone talker is the damn new bluetooth shit. Now they talk loud and if you dont look for it, you'd not know if they weren't crazy!
I know I talk loud, its just how I am. Probably something to do with decades around extremely loud machinery, and being in sales.
Having that knowledge, if Im in a public situation I try to go outside for my calls, or if I must talk in a hushed tone.

Some jackleg idiots just dont have the curtesy to quite down ot get the fuck out.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Awhile back, I ran into a guy I hadn't seen in a long time. I had just finished shaking hand with him whe he starts talking. I had no idea what the hell he was talking about! I realized he was wearing a bluetooth! I just walked away from him.
Let's not forget the cell-phone yapper driving ahead of you who can't maintain the speed limit because they are one their damned cell-phone!

Chuck

Chuck

When I was in college I worked at a local sandwich shop, the kind where we custom made the sandwich and had to ask you if you wanted each ingredient before we put it on. One day this lady came in and right in the middle of ordering her sandwich she started talking on her phone. The whole rest of the sandwich my friend talked to himself as he made it. "Hi, how are you. I'm great, what have you been up to," etc etc etc. Freaking classic. B|

I'm with ya Brah!

I good friend of mine HATES them as much as I do, and one day we were at some public place, and this guy was talking loud into the phone so that everyone around could here (do these people have a fucking clue???). So my buddy stands up and yells out to everyone else "QUIET EVERYONE, HE'S ON THE PHONE!" It was classic! The guy got off the phone a few seconds after that.

On the same note, I want to know why talking on the cell phone while driving automatically decreases your speed by 10mph?

I had one last night on a flight from Denver to LAX. They had closed the doors, and the flight attendant told the woman to shut off her cell phone. The cell phone user said something like "give me two more minutes", and continued to talk for a couple more minutes, quite loudly I might add. I wanted to turn to her and say shut the f*ck up...
There are battered women? I've been eating 'em plain all of these years...

Seems like, you can't go anywhere these days without someone yappin' on their cell-phones! Restaurants, theatres, banks... anywhere. What I don't understand is, what is so damned important that people with cell-phones have to be on them, what seems, constantly. To me, these people are just plain rude. If, they are at a theatre or restaurant, they can take it to the lobby. Most of the time, I leave mine in my pick-up. I have voice mail and my phone, lets me know who called. I'll call them back. I wish, so many times, I had a zapper that would cut-off some rude-asses call when I'm trying to enjoy a movie or a meal in a restaurant.
It really chaps my ass!

Cell-hones drive me up the @$#&*%ing wall. I wish to god people would think before using them in 99% of all cases. I do not hate technology but most cellhone users make my blood boil.

I wish, so many times, I had a zapper that would cut-off some rude-asses call when I'm trying to enjoy a movie or a meal in a restaurant

Personally I would find it more gratifying to simply shoot the guy. I bet I would get a standing ovation for doing that.
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

I work in a medical clinic, and it's unbelievable what people will talk about on their cells while waiting for their appointment. I know it can be hard to wait, especially if the doctor is running late, and killing time on the cell is understandable, but people have lost all sense of appropriateness.

I've actually had to signal people aside and tell them that the subject of their conversation is not appropriate for a public waiting room - the younger ones talk about getting drunk, high, and/or layed using graphic language. People of all ages seem to have no problem conducting a full-blown scream-fest with their S.O., kid, business partner or whoever is pissing them off at the moment - I've had to ask them to take their "conversation" outside to the parking lot.

Then, when you want to call them in to the exam room they look at me and say "Can you wait a few minutes, I need to finish this call?", to which I reply: "No, I can't. Please come now, or I take the next person." I even witnessed one person say that to a doctor when he came into the room to examine them...it's unbelievable.
"...I've learned that while the "needs" in life are important (food, water, shelter), it's the "wants" in life (ice cream, chocolate, sex) that make it worth the effort." Kbordson

And what is it about having a cell phone that people feel the NEED to answer each call as it comes in? I'm sorry, if I'm in the middle of something, the call can wait two minutes and I'll call you back. The cell phone is not a leash, it's a convenience.
Because life is an adventure - it may not be the one you planned, but then it wouldn't be an adventure!

Worst one I saw was in a gym I sometimes go to when I'm down here in LA.

First of all, the place has signs ALL OVER the cardio room saying "no cell phones." The fact they even need them befuddles me, but I guess that's LA and that's the times we live in.

Chick in her early 20s with that ohmygodnoWAY chick voice that is the vocal equivalent of fingernails on a chalkboard comes in, yapping away on her cell. Sets up two elliptical machines away from me and proceeds to have a LONG conversation with her friend all about getting drunk, boys, getting boys drunk yada yada yada.

She then manages to continue her conversation while on the weight machines.

I wish I'd had the cojones to actually say something to her but I'm too fucking nonconfrontational. I was really close to just walking up behind her, grabbing the phone, flipping it shut and saying "I'll leave this at the front desk for you to get on your way out." :|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I don't have a problem with people using cell phones in a restaurant/bar usually. But I was in this local bar having dinner and this big redneck was standing at the bar talking on his cell phone, which would have been fine, except the rest of the room was pretty quiet and he WAS YELLING INTO THE PHONE (not angry, just yelling a conversation with his buddy) AND EVERY OTHER WORD WAS FUCK FUCKIN' FUCK THIS FUCKTHAT FUCK!!

The little barmaid kept trying to smile & signal him to tone it down a bit but he ignored her & went on with his loud fuck-fest.
:S
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Ugghh!!! I hate this too. One of my co-workers is a loud talker and anytime he is talking on the phone or his cellphone right next to my office I think he is talking to me and start to answer him.:| Then he proceeds to get upset with ME because I thought he was talking to me. Then times when he actually is talking to me he'll say you over there? Well yeah, I thought you were on the phone again.>:(