ladyflyer77

Hey Asshole that stole my gear!!!

This past Saturday all of my shit was stolen from the DZ I jump at. Among others gear as well. This is for the person or persons that took my shit. You better hope I don't find out who you are. You better hope we all get our gear back if you know whats best for you. >:(
If I stand on my tip toes, I can see the weekend from here!

That sucks! Hope you recover it.

Not sure if I met you when I was there a couple of months ago. I was there with Sun Path Demo rigs.
Whatever its worth, the rig that was owned by the girl that was with me is now for sale. I have it posted here and on Sun Paths website. Its a TJNK.5 with pink and silver/grey. SP 150 with 35 jumps and a PD 126

I hope you recover your stuff so you dont have to replace it. Have you posted pics and listed it on all the sites?

j

Just a couple of reminders.

www.jumptalk.com
re.skydiving.com
uspa.org

check all the local pawn shops, file a police report.

also you might be able to go online to a coloring program and print it out so you can post a pic if you cant find one good enough.

Your profile says a pr 129 reserve, if it is a pd it is a 126;)

I wish you the best of luck!!

I just checked if we had a section on our website for stolen gear but we dont at this time. www.sunpath.com we do have a "register" your gear section, so if that rig ever showes up for repairs we might make the connection and help recover it.
I just talked to out IT guy and we will look at doing a stolen gear section in the future.

Good luck.

J

Thanks for letting me know about the mishap on my profile. I will have to correct that. :P As far as my gear, thanks again for the web sites. I will post it on them. I have checked the local pawn shops including the local military ones as well. And a police report has been filed. The good thing in my favor is my rig is unique and if I see it I will know its mine. But I also know not to have my hopes up. Its a growing sport with a lot of people in it. I just some dumb ass non-jumper tries to take it on a base jump. The main is a Specture 135 so it would be bad for them. I guess that would be part of karma if it happens.

This issue seems to keep popping up. Is there any sort of large scale effort being made to make the resale of stolen gear more difficult. Is there some sort of database where people can do a check on gear that they are thinking of purchasing? If dropzones would support this by having all new (used) gear on the DZ checked against a database it would make the business of steal and resell more difficult.
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

Do you think it was a fellow sky diver, or some one just walking around?

I hope that you find you gear back, and the person who stole it suffers a painful end!!!
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

It was someone at least familiar with the sport. The only thing they took were gear of value. There was expensive tools and other items that had just as much value as the gear did but the only thing they took was gear, cameras and such.

Start checking ebay. look at the local pawn shops. and start calling FBO's about any recent gear listings for sale or calls from people asking if pilots are interested in buying any.

Sounds to me like if it was a jumper it would be one rig not several.

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines
"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker

That suck about your gear.:S

Did you just leave your gear sitting around?

And did anyone at the dz see anyone NEW lurking about?

I'm surprised no one saw anything.

I hope you find it, and I hope Karma bites them hard if they get away with it!
B|
My drinking team has a skydiving problem

If you all will help out there is a award for the items returned. The items are as follows:
Javelin: Model is "NJ", serial # 17397,
MFR date is July 1999, colors are White, Teal and light blue.
The main is a Spectre 135 White, Teal and yellow.
The reserve is a PD 126R: Serial # 021328 and is ORANGE.
The Cypress II: Serial # 10147, MFR Date is Aug, 04
Sony HC-36 Serial # S01-0371142-4 (I think)

These are only my items I have numbers for.