LisaH

Tara Conner (Miss USA)

So long as others were not hurt I typically feel that people pretty much always deserve a second chance. No more though. If you screw it up after a second chance, you're toast.

Edit to add: That said, having entered into an agreement as she did I believe they had every right to send her packin' without a second chance if that had been what they chose to do.
Killing threads since 2004.

well... sex and drugs... I think she accurately represents us. So what they hell, let her keep it. If I remember correctly from what I read, cocaine is her deal. So maybe she can do her civic duty as *cough LOL cough* Miss USA and help start a program so that all cocaine/heroin users can have test kits to see how pure their product is. (I only bring this up because awhile back there were a string of deaths in Chicago due to pure heroin being distributed and people were taking too large of doses.)

Think about it this way:

If there was a comparable title for "Skydiver of the Year," or "Miss Freefall" or the like, that sort of behavior would be a requirement for winning.

Remember when people in the spotlight used to be able to have personal lives and the media just repectfully looked the other way? Well, I don't, but I hear it happened and that seems pretty reasonable to me. [:/]

Yea right I bet that guy does whatever he wants, and his wife says "more money please" as long as the money flows she could probably care less. And I just want to go on the record to say that if she blew me Id suggest a second chance too, shes a hottie! :)
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!

Remember when people in the spotlight used to be able to have personal lives and the media just repectfully looked the other way? Well, I don't, but I hear it happened and that seems pretty reasonable to me.

Yes, I remember those days [:/]

They are gone now, so where do I sign up for those other requirements? :D
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

of course she should get a second chance. she brought the miss usa pageant more pulicity than even the donald could buy. before last week who the fuck even knew who tara conner was. i'm curious to hear from our resident pr expert on this one.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

of course she should get a second chance. she brought the miss usa pageant more pulicity than even the donald could buy. before last week who the fuck even knew who tara conner was. i'm curious to hear from our resident pr expert on this one.

I agree, she brought her name to light. But she's not turning a positive light on for our future Miss USA's [:/]
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Isn't she the chick that fucks the guy from the future and produces the future leader against the machines. 'I'm here for Tara Conor'

You're thinking of Sarah. That's the other chick that did less drugs, but was considered "insane" by her peers. :D
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

>But she's not turning a positive light on for our future Miss USA's . . .

How the media will portray this:

the heartrending story of an innocent girl from Kentucky corrupted by the Big Apple
a story of the kindness and compassion of the billionaire who took pity on her
a story of redemption as the down-n-out girl goes through rehab and kicks her addiction, to the cheers of her supportive fans

Made-for-TV movie at the very least. Book deals, talk-show circuit, a Cosmo cover. The latest (very public) example of the evils of drugs and the hope that springs eternal in all of us. You don't think that's something future Miss USA's will aspire to? What else might they aspire to, a quiet life of relative anonymity?

If I were even more cynical I might think that Mr. Trump himself had set this up; the show couldn't get any better publicity.

Guest 1010
>If I were even more cynical I might think that Mr. Trump himself had set this up; the show couldn't get any better publicity.

uh, of course he did, why else announce last week that "The Decision" would be made this week, other than to build ratings, interest, name recognition for her, etc.

More like, he found a girl he likes, but no one knows her name even as his Miss USA .... [tapping head] how to fix, how to fix? Ah-hah! A scandal is just the ticket! Also getting her finely cut bathing suit body on 24x7 for a week isn't hurting her options. :o:)

I'd be surprised if Tara Conner didn't show up on The Apprentice next year. ;)

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

How the media will portray this:

the heartrending story of an innocent girl from Kentucky corrupted by the Big Apple
a story of the kindness and compassion of the billionaire who took pity on her
a story of redemption as the down-n-out girl goes through rehab and kicks her addiction, to the cheers of her supportive fans

Bill, have you been reading CNN?

"She left a small town in Kentucky and she was telling me that she got caught up in the whirlwind of New York," Trump said.

"It's a story that has happened many times before to many women and many men who came to the Big Apple. They wanted their slice of the Big Apple and they found out it wasn't so easy."

In a tear-choked voice, Conner said, "In no way did I think it would be possible for a second chance to be given to me."

Turning to Trump, she said, "You'll never know what this means to me, and I swear I will not let you down."

I'm glad she was given another chance. Most of us have been there.

But she is supposed to be a role model. Sure, we all screw up and need second chances. And so should she. But I still feel she should have lost her crown. They set a precedence in doing that. This will happen again and it will get worse.

IMHO.

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?