Scoop

Met Police pick new response car

Isn't she gorgeous?

640bhp, does 0-60 mph in 3.4 seconds and has a top speed of 211 mph :D Lamborghini Murcielago LP640

The more local amongst you might realise its not possible to get to 60 MPH in London traffic let alone anywhere near 211 MPH :P but its just a promotional vehicle. Theres no plans to use it as a response vehicle...... yet

Nice to see the tax payers dollar being wasted. They could have bought a dozen or so patrol cars or hired more coppers for what that would cost to buy and then they yearly inssurance of that car is probably a cops salary.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

definitely a nice car and good to know that my tax pounds (as I don't pay tax dollars yet) aren't paying for it. What I'm not sure about is that if it is a promotional vehicle - what is it promoting?:S

If they are looking to promote the fact that there is a police force in London - more coppers would do that better than a car. If they are trying to promote that even a copper can be cool - also not sure it does that as it's not like anyone is going to be allowed to take out on the pull with them:P.

tash
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe

Thats battenburg reflective stickers. Most emergancy vehicles are now battenburg styled in the UK.

Is that a concious effort to nauseate any would be offender to the point they will be in uncontrolable retching so it makes arrests easier???;)

I guess its all about image B|

my boss has just bought a Lamborghini Murcielago, and you are correct, its all about image......... thats exactly why he bought one to add to his car colllection.... his DB9 and DB7 and porsche does not scream "look at me" as much as his yellow Murcielago....

Anyone that needs a car like that needs something in their lives.........

Cars suck ass, too much! Give a cop a Duc 1098 (hey, it's brand new, too!) and see if anyone can outrun it.

Is it true most British cops don't even carry guns?

That's because they have all mastered the technique of stealth boxing. It's the deadliest form of combat. It's like mortal combat.
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

Okay, that makes sense then. Thanks.
Guess it makes them difficult to miss?
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

Damn woman. Where in the world do you come up with this stuff? Love the way your brain works.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)