SpeedRacer

Do your pets really love you?

My parrot doesnt eat when im not around, then when i am he will only eat with his cage open. Then when he is eating he keeps a close eye on me ready to make a break for the door if i get up and leave the room.

So i dont know about love but i know about obesession

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

Or are they really just a bunch of lazy food-whores?
Discuss.

You own a dog, you feed a cat.

If you quit feeding a dog, it will search for food elsewhere and come home to you.
If you quit feeding a cat, you don't have a cat.

Ever see a homeless person with a cat? No.

That is so true. I've copied this and added it to my Internet Wisdom book I'm writing.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

I have a dapple miniature dachshund named Camo, and he decided pretty quickly that he belongs to me....or rather...I belong to him. I can't sit or sleep anywhere in the house without him right next to me. When we are in bed, no one else can come around without him growling.

He either loves me or just thinks I'm hot:o
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

Anyone who has ever worked with a dog as partner knows the answer to this question. Proof is in the heart of the dog and of the human. There is no proof necessary and likely there is none to be found but there are many examples.

Do animals experiences love. Well, what is love? Is it love to risk your life fr someone? What about manogomy, is that an indication of love. Think about the devotion of animal parents to their offspring. Why do they act that whay when they have young in the nest whydon't they when the nest is bare. Is that instinct?

Do you love your pet. What are the indications that you do? Does your pet mimick any of those behaviors?

For those who might offer reasons and explanation of why our pets don't love us I turn the tables and challenge them to "prove it".

I used to be a skeptic about animal emotions and cognitive abilities, but not any more. Of one thing I am sure, humans are often arogant snobs when it comes to our emotional, intellectual, and social sophistication and development. Perhaps we're the ones that have some evoling to do.

Is it love, you decide, maybe we should just call it devotion, or loyalty, or respect. Why to they pay attention, why are they predictable, what about companionship, tolerance, forgiveness, or honesty. Perhaps those are just traits, the things we wish love would be.

"In loving memory of my partner Duke"

---------------------------------------------
Every day is a bonus - every night is an adventure.

Yes, of course my kitties love me. They are all over me, whether there's food or not; and they miss me...when I'm gone for a while - say, 4-5 days, when I come home, I am buried in kitty love...even when my best friend comes and feeds them. I'm the one they love and trust...and I love them right back.

Course, Penguin still won't let me touch her, but she does sleep on the bed when I'm there, and if my foot accidentally touches her under the covers, she doesn't even move. That's progress...

So yeah, they love me...Simon even says "bless you" when I sneeze. Well, not technically 'bless you', but he meows right after I sneeze each and every time. LOL!

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~