jasonRose

Diploma, all that work for some paper.

What is the deal I have to work my ass off and pay a ton of money and all the school has to do is give me some fancy paper.

I think the darn thing should at least be gold plated!! They even charge you money for a frame. I call bullshit!!:S:S

Tell me it is all worth it at the end!!:)
Some day I will have the best staff in the world!!!

I wouldn't be elegible for the Job I'm in without that piece of paper...

although mines not framed...

This raises another question. Some people hang it and others don't.

I am sure there is some sort of socail stigma on what you do. Thoughts??

I am sure there is some sort of socail stigma on what you do. Thoughts??

Naw no social stigma wrt my profession (that I know of...) and I more or less don't have it on the wall because I just don't feel the need to have it there...

though I do have documented proof that I was in fact doomed to be an engineer at least three Generations ago... (I have this hanging on my wall, it was my great grandfathers...) :D
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I got my GED, then went on to earn a paralegal degree, then got my CNA...went on to medical school...then studied law... I don't work in any of the fields I studied in, and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up...:P
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before

though I do have documented proof that I was in fact doomed to be an engineer at least three Generations ago... (I have this hanging on my wall, it was my great grandfathers...) :D

Wow!!! Very cool.:)Did you get PE in the same state?

Wow!!! Very cool.:)Did you get PE in the same state?

I haven't been an engineer long enough to get my PE yet... I do have my Engineer in Training Certificate (that was one helluva painful 8 hour exam :D) but I don't live in Illinois so I wouldn't get my PE in IL... (My Great Grandfather worked out of Chicago)

assuming I do... of which is may not be exactly necessary... though I may change my mind someday...

I know of Materials Engineers that have gotten them (and they can be useful if an engineer wants to get involved in lawsuits, etc.)... who knows what the future may hold... :)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I probably got my current job because I had just gotten a B.S. in Computer Engineering. My mom "misplaced" my diploma, so I never even saw it until she found it a few years later. She bought me a frame, but I just put it in a box somewhere.

Then I got a M.S. and nothing at my job changed. I was a little ticked off that my annual raise that year sucked. I never even took that one out of the envelope it came in. Why waste another $150 on a frame?

Hopefully I'll get a raise if I ever finish my Ph.D., but I doubt it unless I try to switch companies or something.
BASE 1224, Senior Parachute Rigger, CPL ASEL IA, AGI, IGI
USPA Coach & UPT Tandem Instructor, PRO, Altimaster Field Support Representative

I'm doing pretty well without one.... but I'm also stuck in a job/profession that is not my passion. If I'd finished and received that piece of paper I'd probably make half my current salary in a job I loved..... :S

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?