Miami

New Homeowner

Yes, Home Depot/Lowes will become a second home.

I've been buying so many new tools and supplies for my current (yes ambitious) home renovation project that the employees at some of my local hardware stores (a couple of Home Depots and a couple of Ronas) are starting to give me weird looks ... like weren't you just in here a couple of hours ago and/or not you again. But my tools collection is getting close to being complete. Oh I take that back. I don't think I'll ever have a complete collection of tools. My tool collection is slowly becoming more thorough. ;)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Am I to understand that you want me to smuggle a bunch of toilets into the USA. LOL ... yah I could see myself going to the tank if Customs was to catch me. :o

;)

(apologies to Arlo Guthrie)

Coming in from London (Ontario)
From over the pole
Flying in a big airliner
Chickens flying everywhere around the plane
Could we ever feel much finer?

CHORUS:
Coming into Longmont DZ
Bringing in a toilet or three
Don't touch my bags if you please
Mister Customs Man
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

1) Read the documents. Don't let anybody tell you, "Sign it - we'll change it later." I've had to tell more than a few people, "You're screwed."

And how many of us (besides you) would actually understand what they read? I felt like Col. Blake; "What am I signing, Radar?"[:/]

Actually, the realtor I used the last two times was very good at explaining each document before I signed it.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Cheap low flow toilets have a smaller internal trap and the trap is not glazed. This causes the the flush to slow down and not completely empty the bowl. A good brand of low flow toilet has a full size trap glazed trap. When I replaced three of the older 3.5 gallon standard flush toilets, the Kohler Wellworth flushed much better. Even my brother after a night of gutting out at the all-you-can-eat buffet would only need one flush. They can be found for under $200 at the major big box retailer. You can find cheaper brands, but you pay for them with every double flush.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

great, matt has 5 teeth and is into everything and chris likes to sing his variation of "twinkle twinkle little star". him and his mom changed the words to "stinker stinker little fart, how i wonder of i shart". that has to be the influenc of our father-in-law.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

Anyone have interesting stories from their first time buying a home?

The first house we bought here in Houston 'area' 10 years ago...[:/]

We'd looked all over this community for a couple months, found this beautiful 2 story brick, 4&4&2, 2650 sqft. less than 6 months old.

We walked through it a couple times over the course of a month, it was in perfect condition!
All the high end add ons and up grades, hardwood floors without so much as a scuff.

It was a little weird in that the furnishings made the homeowner appear to be a broke college student...couple of beat up chairs, poster on the wall, huge stereo.

Our first off erwas rejected, he wanted more..which it was probably worth considering the upgrades and being 6 months old...but it wasn't 'exactly' our dream home and for 5ooo.oo more we could build to our liking a few blocks away.

Month later the guy contacts me..."Still Interested?"

We kinda were but had an eye on other homes as well...so I made a REALLY low-ball offer, he was now a 'motivated' seller!

He took it...not HAPPY...but he took it, 25,ooo less that HE paid, 30 grand below market!

We close and were leaving the title company, I said to the wife...let's get a pizza and a 12 pack and go have lunch it our new Texas home...:):$

She says...No...lets eat at a restaurant, somethings funny and I'm betting our appetite will be ruined it we go there first!:o

She was RIGHT! >:(

Turns out the guy had been cheating on his preggers wife, got caught and divorced a few weeks after moving in...B|

She found out there had been an offer he'd turned down and started turning the screws.

He sold it...then TRASHED IT!

Holes punched and kicked in the walls, ashes from the fireplace ALL OVER the white carpeting, wires cut, windows brioken...you name it!:(

Funny part is... Check was quickly cancelled.
Cost him 5-6ooo.oo to fix it right, and then we closed AGAIN! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I was able to work into my conract a walk through the day of the closing so if there were anything that popped up like this I could walk at the last second and not be out anything. I will ALWAYS do that from now on.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

So I'm a few hours out from heading over to my realtor's office to sign the paperwork to close on my first house and I'm getting that kinda cool antsy/nervous/excited feeling...

Anyone have interesting stories from their first time buying a home?

Yes, met the closing agent for the first time and about tem minutes into it I asked her when she was due. She she gave birth two months ago:S:S:(:(
I think my intrest rate went up.;)

1) Read the documents. Don't let anybody tell you, "Sign it - we'll change it later." I've had to tell more than a few people, "You're screwed."

And how many of us (besides you) would actually understand what they read? I felt like Col. Blake; "What am I signing, Radar?"[:/]

Actually, the realtor I used the last two times was very good at explaining each document before I signed it.

People not asking questions about what they are signing make me good money.

Legal tip from lawrocket - it's better to pay an attorney 100 bucks to review something for you than to pay an attorney 20 grand later on because you didn't understand it.

My wife is hotter than your wife.