adventurechick

What has Skydiving Taught You in Everyday Life

Skydiving has taught me that anything is possible. If you have a will, there is a way. I almost lost all hope a year ago when I hit the only tree on the dropzone, but I was able to get past that and learn. Skydiving has also taught me to not take life for granted and literally live life to its fullest. I Know it's a cliche saying, but it's true. I've also learned to step back sometimes and listen to what others have to say... which is hard because I'm usually a bit impulsive, but I'm learning!

So, what has skydiving taught you? What have you learned that you have transpired to your everyday life and being?

PMS #449 TPM #80 Muff Brother #3860
SCR #14705 Dirty Sanchez #233

I learned alot of the same things that you did. I also learned that I am capable of alot more than I thought. It had been years since I had found something that I truly enjoyed and was willing to put forth the necesary effort to do it well. Skydiving has given me an entirely new perspective to life. I'm deffinately a different person than before I started to skydive. I'm a much happier person as well. I'm learning alot more about myself...for the longest time I would change my personality according to who I was with. I learned what my true personality is and that if people don't like me for who I am then f***k them. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

since joining the sport i have learned my boobs get a lot of attention!

its weird until i became a skydiver men would just look but skydiving men just dont hold back do they!! the comments i have heard are just hilarious sometimes!

by the way i love all the men at my dz! they are fantastic in all there different ways!! :P

Hmmm....

I learned that you have to be patient, take the time to do things right and just listen. A lot of it has to do with being young and impulsive, IMO.

Skydiving reminded me to aim for the sky, but always know where your handles are! :ph34r:
Why don't you just go to the police station in a red clown suit and let everybody know what we're doing here?

I have a phobia for moobs. Thanks, youknowwhoyouare.

That opinions are arse holes.

I'm starting to warm to you ;).

Steve
it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.

That opinions are like arse holes.

you need to skydive to learn that?

Skydiving hasn't taught me much for everyday life, but that's probably because I had a pretty full and diverse life before skydiving and i came into it older to begin with
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

OK if you want me to be serious squeek me ole buddy then here goes.

Not to take things to heart, laugh things off, dont judge a book by its cover, listen, learn, but at the same time make your own decisions and throw caution to the wind once in a while.

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

It has taught me, something that, I can not share with someone, who doesen't know what I'm talking about, really get's. :S

Not really sure if I know what I'm talkining about B|

But it's all good b B|
it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.

OK if you want me to be serious squeek me ole buddy then here goes.

No not at all I was mere asking if it took skydiving to point out that opinions are like arseholes. I discovered that decades before i started skydiving:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

that i am a total adrenaline addict. i had been told (by family and freinds) i was because i like fast cars, fast music and rollercoasters. but the second i landed after my 1st. jump i knew i had found my true fix and haven't looked back.

it's also made me a happier and calmer person, because no matter what curve balls life throws me i know i always have the freedom of skydiving!
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

It's going to be difficult to list them all in a single post, but here's the short list.

1. Not to get upset at things I can't control (from all the bad weather waiting days)
2. I am the only one who can tame my fear and anxieties.
3. One bad experience does not grant a license to give up!
4. That the sky isn't just a beatiful thing to look at:)
My skydiving career had a less than desirable beginning. Shortly after my first (and only) AFF1 jump, I was lying in the hospital emergency room, knowing that I wasn't going to let it end like that. Just to clarify, I was not hurt from the jump, I was suffering from a severe panic attack. Whether I made just one more jump or pursued a long, skydiving career, it was clear that that jump wasn't going to be my last taste of the sky. Now, just a hair over 100 jumps later, I'm still at it and lovin' every minute of it.

Skydiving has profoundly changed my life, but perhaps the most important lesson I've learned is this; Sometimes we have to do something that absolutely scares us to death before we start truly LIVING!! I'm so glad I did.
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28