grue

If you were freaked out by a lighted cartoon character waving a middle finger in Boston...

The screwed up part is almost nobody was scared by the devices themselves. The whole thing is a pantomime. Once the ball starts rolling all rational judgement goes out the window, instead the "procedures" must be followed or the same pecker heads that want to charge some ad exec over this will be asking some "very serious questions" of you.

The media are absolutely complicit in this. Instead of calling bullshit the join the pile-on. It's about time we developed some zero tollerance for zero tollerance.

Thomas Menino and Deval Patrick are a pair of asses and just demonstrated it to the world. This was not a "hoax", (get a dictionary you idiots) it was an hysterical overrreaction but the hysteria isn't over yet despite the facts surfacing.

At first, once this came to *light*, I thought it was a giant, stupid-bomb layed by the Boston DA in arresting those two guys.

BUT then I saw them outside the courthouse this afternoon. Holy dickwads, batman!

I say lock 'um up now...don't even give them a day in court.........for simply being huge Douche Bags in need of a kick to the head.

Other than their douche bag performance, I think it was pretty good marketing.

Thanks genius.

Wait a minute! I just realized something [you may applaud]. Why is the Cartoon Network advertising a character that is flipping the bird? Do I now have to censor the Cartoon Network for my young nieces and nephews?????:S

Chris

Maybe Adult swim... then again no kid should be up watching cartoons at 1-2 in the morning.

Cartoon Network is the youth oriented cartoons on all day. At about 11pm it switches to more adult themed cartoons like Family Guy, Futurama, and Anime. This lasts till about 5:30 am then switches back to youth cartoons. The "bumps" during Adult Swim are usually really funny too. Turner actually takes TV time to air plain black and white text commercials that don't advertise for a product but are more commentary on something.

A great one recently was:
"Congratulations and thanks
to THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
for setting the bar so high
on the definition of overrated.
Go Bucks!" :D
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Is that true? The show is going to be televised after 11pm? I can understand that, even though it is easy to make the assumption that the Cartoon Network is geared toward children. Well, it's best to not assume anything.

Chris

Its in its 5th season, i hated how they took some time off.

Anyone catch the movie is coming out in March? :D

I did, and I wasnt planning on seeing it until this mess. Now I'll do it just out of principal! :D

I didnt like it early on, but Ive grow to like some of their humor. B|
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

At first, once this came to *light*, I thought it was a giant, stupid-bomb layed by the Boston DA in arresting those two guys.

BUT then I saw them outside the courthouse this afternoon. Holy dickwads, batman!

I say lock 'um up now...don't even give them a day in court.........for simply being huge Douche Bags in need of a kick to the head.

Other than their douche bag performance, I think it was pretty good marketing.

What, you think they should be jailed because they didn't bow at the feet of the media sheep trying to interview them? I think they should be given a god damned medal.
cavete terrae.

Wait a minute! I just realized something [you may applaud]. Why is the Cartoon Network advertising a character that is flipping the bird? Do I now have to censor the Cartoon Network for my young nieces and nephews?????:S

Chris

The whole show airs during the "Adult Swim" on cartoon network. Not during the day. Besides, it's a pixelated space invader character, and flipping the pixels is one of the things they do to show how they're "badass " mooninite losers. If your nieces know what that pixel is doing then it's too late, "for the children" anyway.

Ed Shultz said yesterday that they ought to arrest the idiot in the subway for stupidity that first reported it. Clearly anyone should be able to see that this is harmless and ought to be able to distinguish it from an explosive device.

Chris

Yes but it had batteries and wires. :|

The possible future at a new residential construction site:
"Oh look all that wood and wires going all through it, ahhhh the terrorists have struck again!" :D:D
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I hope the over reaction to this spurs copy cats all over the city. Grow a f-ing brain people! I'm going to give my guarentee that 99.9999% of you will NEVER be killed in a terrorist plot...GET OVER IT!

I'm more worried about asshole drunk drivers than terrorists...

...you are a fucking idiot, and I hope you are sterile so you cannot add more idiocy to the gene pool.

That's pure genius, and if people hadn't become a bunch of sand-in-the-vagina kneejerking left of the bellcurve genetic throwback fuckwits after the trade center attacks, people would be laughing their asses off.

Get your fucking senses of humor back, America. Nobody likes a crybaby party pooper.

This especially goes for the FUCKING DOUCHEBAGS that charged these people with a FUCKING FELONY.

These people aren't terrorists, they're fucking advertising agents.

/Rant.

I have to give TOTAL credit to Grue for my quote at the bottom of this article - past sentence - I was reading this thread while I was doing the interview. So thank you, Grue. :) :)http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/homepage/8998960763112521727