Fallin4U

What's the most idiotic comment you've heard from a whuffo?

I actually had someone ask if it's possible to eat while in freefall.

I told her I hadn't tested the theory since the DZO does not allow food on the plane.

[:/]:S:D

carol sternberg of the ranch ate spaghetti during her 10,000th jump. it is possible, just messy.
Mistakes-It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

I hear, "Why the hell would you jump out of a perfectly good airplane???" quite a bit.

ugggh! I'm sooo tired of this one. Now I respond, "Sometimes I jump out of helicopters."
Mistakes-It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

I hear, "Why the hell would you jump out of a perfectly good airplane???" quite a bit

I got that from my orthopaedic surgeon just before they wheeled me in for surgery. Through the morphine haze I managed to reply "because the door was open"
He loved it B|

-Chanti-

I was once asked once
" With all the talk and shortness of the worlds fuel supply, why would you do something so selfish and wasteful as jumping out of a plane?"
------------------------------------------------------
"From the mightiest pharaoh to the lowliest peasant,
who doesn't enjoy a good sit?" C. Montgomery Burns

" With all the talk and shortness of the worlds fuel supply, why would you do something so selfish and wasteful as jumping out of a plane?

just respond "well thats why I only take the plane up....to save on fuel costs"
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

I was once asked once
" With all the talk and shortness of the worlds fuel supply, why would you do something so selfish and wasteful as jumping out of a plane?"

How much fuel did you waste driving out to the airport to ask me that question?
Is that your Yukon out there in the parking lot? Well, who's SUV is that? Please find out.

:)
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

I hear, "Why the hell would you jump out of a perfectly good airplane???" quite a bit.

ugggh! I'm sooo tired of this one. Now I respond, "Sometimes I jump out of helicopters."

Good one, I like responding to this one with:
" the same reason I always choose the exit seats as my commercial airline seats. Because I also fly alot, on business & pleasure trips, year round, and if & when the day comes that the airline captain & attendents announce, that it is necessary to evacuate the Vessel, as it doesn't appear it's making it back to the ground in one piece or on the landing gear, I'm well prepared to make certain that I Do!
The expression on their face when they realize that I'm the saner one when put in this perspective, is the Best, Classic!
*My Inner Child is A Fucking Prick Too!
*Everyones entitled to be stupid but you are abusing the priviledge
*Well I'd love to stay & chat, But youre a total Bitch! {Stewie}

I was once asked once

The meek shall inherit the earth...but who will want this burnt out dustbowl when us agressive people get done with it? I once had a girlfriend that after hearing a discussion about ground speed on jumprun asked "you mean they don't just pull over and park before letting you out" and yes she was blonde.B|

Blue Skies

Good one, I like responding to this one with:
" the same reason I always choose the exit seats as my commercial airline seats. Because I also fly alot, on business & pleasure trips, year round, and if & when the day comes that the airline captain & attendents announce, that it is necessary to evacuate the Vessel, as it doesn't appear it's making it back to the ground in one piece or on the landing gear, I'm well prepared to make certain that I Do!
The expression on their face when they realize that I'm the saner one when put in this perspective, is the Best, Classic!

great one! My bf was coming home from denver, with his rig in tow. a very drunk guy approached him and asked "Is that a parachute?" he replied "what! they didn't give YOU one?" :D

I actually had someone ask if it's possible to eat while in freefall.

I told her I hadn't tested the theory since the DZO does not allow food on the plane.

[:/]:S:D

I posted a relevant picture a couple weeks ago of a guy I took on a tandem last year. Search terms could include "cast", "duct tape thong", and "banana". :S:D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Whuffo: "What if your parachute don't work?"
Me : "I use my reserve. It's a second parachute"
Whuffo: "What if your reserve don't work?"
Me : "They'll give me a refund when I land"
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Whuffo: "What if your parachute don't work?"
Me : "I use my reserve. It's a backup parachute"
Whuffo: "What if your reserve don't work?"
Me : "I aim for the most expensive car in the parking lot because if I'm going to have a bad day so is some one eilse"
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

Whuffo: "So how was your weekend?"
Me: "It was awesome, I got my first license in skydiving!"
Whuffo:

"Sweet! Does that mean you can have other people attached to you now?!?"

I was asked this by about 3 or 4 people at my school. [:/]

I've had a couple people ask me to take them skydiving when I told them I had 40 jumps. Silly rabbits :)

Ok, well I've heard a few of the normal ones, but theres one in particular that I CAN 100% GUARANTEE NO SKYDIVER HAS EVER HEARD BEFORE.

Ok, so I was explaining to my mom all of the different positions you can fly in (Belly, Sit, Head-down, tracking, etc.). I told her that when I was jumping on a particularly cold day, I got to about 200mph in a stand. I explained to her that the cold air shooting up my nose felt a bit like snarfing soda out my nose... Eventually the conversation ended.

Ok, so then she calls me back a couple of hours later (almost midnignt) and she has this sound in her voice that makes me think someone died... I was totally bracing myself to hear something terrible...

She said, I've been up thinking about this for a long time and I'm really worried you're going to get hurt... (I'm sure nobody here has had THAT conversation with their loved ones before...:S) Ok, but you're never gonna guess WHAT she was worried about... She said, "I'm just really worried that you're going to freeze the inside of your nose. You know that can be very dangerous, don't you? You might never be able to smell again". I did my best to not laugh, because I know she was really worried, but honestly I couldn't stop myself... LOL here I am flying towards the ground at nearly 200mph and she's worried about me freezing the inside of my nose.
Gravity Waits for No One.

haha, good one. :D

First, my own lame whuffo question. And yes, this is really lame, and yes, I'm the smartass who asked. I had realized about the reserve and all, but I couldn't quite figure out what you would do if your main opened in a mess. The question? "Do you carry a knife to cut all the lines on your main before you pull the reserve??"

Now, does anyone have a suggestion for a nice reply to "Hhahah what do you need a helmet for LOLOL do you really think it'll help if your chute doesn't open?" ? At least I've been getting this one quite often...