adventurechick

What a wonderful roommate I have!!

I moved in with a guy friend recently, and I have to say this is the best roommate situation I've ever been in! He just came in my room with fresh, home baked chocolate chip cookies, because he knows I love chocolate.

How sweet is that?! He even writes cute messages on our board and draws parachute pics. for me.

And everything is completely platonic.... wonderful!!

Do you have a good roommate? What do you like about them?

PMS #449 TPM #80 Muff Brother #3860
SCR #14705 Dirty Sanchez #233

That's because either

1) He's gay or
2) He's patient.

I haven't had a roommate in almost 10 years and I'm happy to keep it that way.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

That's because either

1) He's gay or
2) He's patient.

I haven't had a roommate in almost 10 years and I'm happy to keep it that way.

I am voting #2 here. He is trying to "wooo" you over by being uber nice.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

He has a long term girlfriend... and we've been friends for a year. He's just a nice guy..... right?

Really hard to tell to be honest. He could be, it is possible they do exist. But just be careful, you might not know the true state of his mind.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

yes... other then the occasional sloppy kisses... feed me, pet me, throw the ball for me...

actually I lived with a couple of fellow leuteniants at my last assignment... which worked out relatively well. The three of us shared the rent on a house... I lived in the "Master" bedroom which was basically the second floor of the house.

we all got along pretty well, occasionally one of us would make cookies, cake, etc... to share with the others... best of all was that the "rent" was only about $400 a month... :)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

How sweet is that?! He even writes cute messages on our board and draws parachute pics. for me.

Hmmm. I believe I know which ladder the roommate is on.

Of course, there are plenty of just genuinely nice guys out there.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

What I'm wondering, however, is how long it will take for his "long term girlfriend" to not be okay with him not only having a female roommate, but with him doing extra little favors for you...unless she's not aware of the added attention, which situation has incendiary devices all its own.

It's nice now, but the human brain can concoct "hypothetical" scenarios out of situations like this that might eventually require you to buy body armor and turn your part of the house into a "panic room". :S:P

You could always test her knowledge and ask her if she'd like one of the lovely cookies he made for you the next time she's over there. :D
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

What I'm wondering, however, is how long it will take for his "long term girlfriend" to not be okay with him not only having a female roommate, but with him doing extra little favors for you...unless she's not aware of the added attention, which situation has incendiary devices all its own.

It's nice now, but the human brain can concoct "hypothetical" scenarios out of situations like this that might eventually require you to buy body armor and turn your part of the house into a "panic room". :S:P

You could always test her knowledge and ask her if she'd like one of the lovely cookies he made for you the next time she's over there. :D

So - was your wife ok with the favors I did for you in Georgia?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

She filmed it all, didn't she?? Geez, insecure...:P
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

She filmed it all, didn't she?? Geez, insecure...:P

Well, you know . . .:$
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Harry Burns: You realize of course that we could never be friends.
Sally Albright: Why not?
Harry Burns: What I'm saying is - and this is not a come-on in any way, shape or form - is that men and women can't be friends because the sex part always gets in the way.
Sally Albright: That's not true. I have a number of men friends and there is no sex involved.
Harry Burns: No you don't.
Sally Albright: Yes I do.
Harry Burns: No you don't.
Sally Albright: Yes I do.
Harry Burns: You only think you do.
Sally Albright: You say I'm having sex with these men without my knowledge?
Harry Burns: No, what I'm saying is they all WANT to have sex with you.
Sally Albright: They do not.
Harry Burns: Do too.
Sally Albright: They do not.
Harry Burns: Do too.
Sally Albright: How do you know?
Harry Burns: Because no man can be friends with a woman that he finds attractive. He always wants to have sex with her.
Sally Albright: So, you're saying that a man can be friends with a woman he finds unattractive?
Harry Burns: No. You pretty much want to nail 'em too.
Sally Albright: What if THEY don't want to have sex with YOU?
Harry Burns: Doesn't matter because the sex thing is already out there so the friendship is ultimately doomed and that is the end of the story.
Sally Albright: Well, I guess we're not going to be friends then.
Harry Burns: I guess not.
Sally Albright: That's too bad. You were the only person I knew in New York.

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

He has a long term girlfriend... and we've been friends for a year. He's just a nice guy..... right?

I almost laughed out loud. Men are evil. Along those same lines, women are evil. It's not that I don't trust people or am not a social person. I expect from the best from people but anticipate the worst. I still finding myself too trusting of individuals.

and we've been friends for a year. He's just a nice guy..... right?

A year is barely enough time to get to know someone, depending on circumstances. Even in very close quarters a year is the bare minimum of time it takes to have seen someone in enough different situations to really know what they're like.

Edited to add: Wow, that sounded pretty bleak and preachy, so I guess I should add YMMV. :D

Ok, this is going to sound like a HUGE rationalization, and I don't care.:P

We are opportunistic. We are almost perpetually horny, unless we actively try to concentrate and focus on something else besides sex. And of course, there's almost nothing better to focus on.

Some people maintain we are not a naturally monogamous species. Judging by our behavior (not by our ideals and morals) I'd tend to agree. That said, some of us have learned to put the "animal" aside and actually participate in normal non-sexual interaction.

As soon as I find out how to do that, I'll post it.

It's better to err on the side of caution and assume the worst, not because he's not what he seems, but because statistically, you'd be correct. If you're ok with that, just keep yourself from being in "compromising" positions with him. He's probably not after you - no man in his right mind would get two women who know each other to trust him so much, knowing the dire, dire consequences of such a dual-edged betrayal.

Of course, none of this means a damn thing if you actually want him.;)

I really do hope it stays like it is for you - you deserve to have a nice place to stay!
T.I.N.S.