bertusgeert

NIGERIAN 419 SCAM - Your Responses Please!

Allright, I'm having a bit of fun with a Nigerian Scammer.;)

I recently received the following email, and opened up another account/false name, and started playing tug with Mr. Nigeria. Now I'm running out of creativity. So, here is the deal:

Type a response email to the latest email, and if it is funny/creative/original, I will send it to our friend and await his response.

(I believe he is actually Japanese - which scares me a bit that he might have superior hacking abilities! I also removed my fake name from the conversation and substituted initials).

Here is the email chain, with his "ID" attached.

On 5 Feb 2007 17:33:02 +0900, [email protected] wrote:
Hello,

Good day to you, I am Mr. Clifford Owusu from Ghana, as may God may have it I got your contact through a relaible source and I wish to make contact to you on viable business.
As a financial consultant here in Ghana, I had a proposition from Barrister Stephen Mensah who is a personal friend to my father and he is also a family lawyer to former president of Liberia (Mr. Charles Taylor), currently facing charges for war crime and crime against humanity in Holland, due to the present situation, the family lawyer has been mandated to look out for foreign partner that will help to secure his funds in a financial house (to be mentioned to you as you show interest) for safe investment overseas.
When the lawyer called on my office yesterday he narrated the matter to me and ask if I can provide a trusted person who can handle the situation as the authorities are after him and his properties and the lawyer told me that they do not want the movement of the funds to Europe or America, at this I thought of you, so I will like to know if you can be able to handle the situation and receive the money over there in your country for investment on a viable project.
The lawyer told me that for any person that assisted in moving this funds they will give 25% and the source which is me will receive 5% as ordered by the family and after the funds is safely transferred to your account, the first son of Charles Taylor (Prince Taylor) will join you over there in your country to conclude everything on investment.
The total amount amount to be transferred is US$12Million.
Please consider this proposal and get back to me positively, but note that this proposal should be treated with confidentiality as to avoid betrayal, you should not discuss it with friends and as you reply, I will get in touch with the lawyer for more details on how to proceed.
I look forward to your reply soonest and also need your telephone and fax number while replying.
Have a good day as I give you good news and glad tidings and opportunity for us to make something out of our friendship comming together.

Cheers,

Mr. Clifford Owusu.

Dear Mr. Owusu,

I am slightly stunned by the fact that you were able to contact me through a "reliable source". Please inform me of the reliability of this source so
that I may verify your credibility. (You mention large sums of money without
knowing my identity, and I would like to verify that this is not in fact a
scam. Please do not be offended by this, it is simply a security screen. I
take it that you understand the necessity of establishing a solid
relationship of trust before we can proceed with business of this kind.)

If you do not recognize the email address, I reply from an alternate, secure
email address.

I will let you know that I am not unaccustomed to business as you propose
it. I have been in tough situations myself and was forced to some extremes
to avoid governments/politicians/tax authorities sticking their hands my
family's estate when we immigrated. I have learned a significant amount
about international transactions through this experience and would gladly
proceed in determining how we may proceed.

So, in your reply:
1. Inform me of your identity as thoroughly as possible, photo ID is a
necessity.
2. It is critical that you inform me as to the identity of your "reliable
source".
3. Provide me with a brief outline of your previous international monetary
transfer experience.
Once you have fulfilled these three requirements we will continue with
business.
Thank you, I look forward to assisting you.
Sincerely,
TL
On 2/5/07, clifford owusu wrote:
Dear TL,

Thank you very much for your email.

I am very much encouraged because of how you sound in your email, I am sure now that I am dealing with an experinced man, I know why you lay so much emphasis on how I got your contact, well I go your contact through internet search for a reliable foreign smart partner for this transaction and I am convenced that I made a right choice.

To reply you accordingly:

1. I attach a copy of my international passport, this is to assure you that there is nothing scam about this transaction.

2. Please I will plead with you to keep my source discret, as I wish never to lie to you, what is important now is to try to build trust between each other for without trust there is abslutely nothing that we can do together.

3. I must confess that I have not in anyway engage in Interenational transafer before, but I am working with the lawyer to the family of the former president to ensure that everything work out without any hitches until the funds gets to you.

Please, I need your contact informations, such as private telephone and fax, and as well I will need your copy of passport or driver license.

Kindly keep this transaction in confidentiality to keep us from encoutering betrayal.

I wait for your urgent reply so that we can proceed.

Clifford Owusu.
Tel:+233-208991318.
Mr. Owusu,

I did not receive your attachment of your passport. Please kindly resend this information.

Although I am not pleased by the fact that you cannot/will not verify the identity of your "reliable source", I will continue with business albeit with some reservations, which you can naturally understand.

I look forward to your urgent response.

Sincerely,

T
Dear TL
Thanks for your mail.
I resend my copy of international passport. But please try not to be half minded concerning this transaction because of the matter of source, we really have to be as one smart partner in this transaction.
Kindly go ahead and send to me your private telephone and fax numbers, which is very vital in communication in the course of this transaction.
Upon your return mail I will furnish you completely the way forward towards successful conclussion of this transaction as I am waiting for the lawyer of the family of Mr. Taylor to return from his visit to his client at the Netherlands this evening..
I wait for your urgent response.
Best regards,
Clifford Owusu.

Allright, there you go, respond away.....:D

---------------------------------------------
As jy dom is moet jy bloei!

One time I let on a scammer for a while, then said I want him to call me on the phone. I gave him the number of the FBI fraud department. I did not hear back from him after that.

What a great idea!:D I'd string him along a bit more with the identity thing a bit more then, lay the FBI number on him! :D:D Interpol number, would work too!:D

Chuck

Chuck

Try this site for some ideas
http://www.419eater.com/

Allright, that gave me some good ideas indeed. Opening another account I will refer him to my personal assistant. This assistant will then visit him in Ghana and try to obtain a funny photograph with an outrageous name of him waiting at the airport. (as on 419eater.com)

What should the name be? (as in Dina Mite and Eric Shun, etc.)

---------------------------------------------
As jy dom is moet jy bloei!

"Hugh G. Rection"

He won the Homecoming King competition one year when I was in college. His running mate was Ava Gina...

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I would copy the Ghana Embassy on the passport. My bet is that it is fake BUT, it could possibly be stolen. Then there is the very remote possibility that it is real and they can track him down.

I once gave a scammer the phone # of the FBI. Next time I think I will send them the number of a phone sex line. Maybe they will get the message that I want them to go fuck themselves!

I'm currently stringing a guy along who wants to give me an iron box with $2 million inside, if I'll agree to spend it on churches and orphanages, and keep only 15% for myself. This is on behalf of a little old British lady who is on her deathbed, and who picked me at random on the internet. All I have to do to claim the iron box is to send $855 for shipping to someone in Nigeria.

He has a really bad explanation for why a box in England, owned by a British lady, and to be shipped from London, must be paid for in Nigeria...

This is easy:

Your Phone Number:
770-684-3483 (ASC)
or
800-759-7433 (800-Skyride)
Tell them to ask for Cary Q.

:D:D:D:D

(This post is a Joke and not meant to actually be done... Disclaimer for the Lawyers that Skyride will surely sic on me for posting this):S:D

:D:D

Respond with.

Damn you are one good looking black fella. I once had a black guy fuck me up the ass and now i'll never go back to white dick. Wanna get together and do this deal in person?

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Allright, there you go, respond away.....

You should send him a photoshoped version of your ID card with fun stuff like an image of a celebrity and your "real" name (Beecher meat). And send him the phone number of someone who has screwed you over in the past. You could send him a photoshoped deposit slip while you're at it... I bet he'd get all excited about that.
Gravity Waits for No One.