jtval

SUSHI

I ahve been craving Sushi for a few weeks.
problem is I work nights and I don't usually get the craving until evening time.

but I found out ( on thursday last week) that the Commisary has a sushi chef.

I have had sushi for dinner EVERY work night since!

Man, It's some good stuff. and pretty darn cheap on base

whats your fav?
I really dont have one I like it all
My photos

My Videos

Hiya Joe! Long time no see!:P

My favorite roll is a spicy tuna.:)

I like mostly pieces, though. BillyZ and I go at least once/week. We have some fabulous sushi dinner-ware so I think we're going to try making our own, too. Yummmmmy:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Yeah someone else loves sushi!!!! My roommates and I go for sushi every Tuesday nite!!! We get lots of food and SAKE!! Love: Sake (salmon), Hamachi (yellow-tail), Tai(red-snapper), Squid, Seaweed salad, Miso soup!!! There are some rolls that are awesome but I can't remember the names of them!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Be the change you wish to see in the world!

hey carrie,
hows life?

the only thing that would make my sushi dinners better is actually getting to eat it in a sushi bar. but I'll settle for bringing it back to work and eatign in the breakroom for now;)
My photos

My Videos

I LOVE sushi ! It's my absolute favorite food. I've gotta have it a couple times a week or start having withdrawals :o. I like everything, especially yellow tail, salmon, mackeral, sweet shrimp, uni. Luckily I had it for lunch yesterday or I would be craving it after reading your post.

BTW, at Perris on Saturday I heard some people talking about bungi jumping into a pool and I thought of you and those pictures you posted :)

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

Speaking of salmon eggs. Did you know that grizzly bears in British Columbia only eat the egg portion of the salmon. This is when the salmon are spawning. Wolves only eat the head of the salmon and not the meat.

Grizzlies = Salmon Egg Yummy
Wolves = Salmon Brain Yummy

B|

Spicy Salmon is the bomb diggity.

Anyone ever had salmon eggs? I have not quite worked up the nerve to try that, yet.:|

nah, never had the chance yet.

I can get a decnet sampler 2 yellow tail and 2 sake and 8 rolls(assorted) for 7.25

or they have 12 rolls for 4.80;)

I am going to get some in about 3.5 hours;)
My photos

My Videos

Anyone ever had salmon eggs? I have not quite worked up the nerve to try that, yet

the little orange balls they put on a lot of the rolls is roe or fish eggs,
maybe it's not salmon but I thought it was.
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

Now, I've eaten a few pounds of raw fish from Africa to Tokyo but seeing as most of you are in the US:

If you seriously want to eat sushi and not sit around and stare at the nice plates, and you happen to find yourself in LA - go to this place, sit down at the bar, order the "Trust Me" special, shut up and eat what he gives you.

http://losangeles.citysearch.com/profile/321700

If you order a California Roll at Sushi Nozawa you will get thrown out. Charlize Theron (cute lass from our village) got kicked out for ordering too much! Hehehe! Nozawa-san has made friends and enemies but his sushi is simply the best that side of the Pacific.

Feel free to come back here and thank me for letting you know. ;)
Safe swoops
Sangiro

Mmm yum yeah love the sushi, and am very lucky to live somewhere with fabulous fish!

Can't get enough of the spider rolls. :)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Yeppers, Lumster. The orange balls are Salmon eggs. Search it on google. Here is a picture of the...

http://andrewweb.merelis.com:3500/05_MAY_03/05_17_03/09_2%20ikura.JPG

Remember...this is a delicassy for grizzly bears.;)

There's salmon eggs which are the big round orange ones that taste a little like you're popping a small eyeball filled with saltwater in your mouth and then there's the tiny orange eggs called tobiko which is flying fish caviar (or eggs). Both are delicious!

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)