SethInMI

I want a bridle extension

for my psycho packed canopy. Will someone tell me who to get in touch with to find one? I have a 190 and it is hard to keep the PC fully cocked.

Thanks,

Seth

Grammar/spelling nazi note: If I said I want a bridal extension, I would mean I want my wedding gown to be longer.[:/]
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".

So why the psycho pack? I thought that was going the way of the Sabre 1.

It sounds cool when you tell whuffo's that you psycho pack. Apart from that, I see no benefit.

t

Doesn't it make it easier to get it in the bag? I still don't jump a zero P canopy, so I don't know about all that stuff. If doing a psycho pack is easier for some than mastering the techniques to control it without a psycho pack, then there is a benefit.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

It sounds cool when you tell whuffo's that you psycho pack. Apart from that, I see no benefit.

One doesn't have to transfer as much sweat to the canopy while packing it.
My previous canopy started to become yellow in the middle (white) cell's top skin... :$

But the whuffo aspect is a reason enough. :ph34r:

Since I have no difficulty getting a canopy in the bag, I see no benefit.

I think if you can't pack, then you should learn to pack. To me, getting the canopy in the bag is part of packing.

The psycho pack IS packing, not some lame substitute for packing. It is, for those that learn and use the method properly, a great tool to aid in keeping everything where it is supposed to be during packing; and it helps in bagging as well, of course. Your reasoning is a bit like me saying if you use a pull up cord you're a big woosy. Just pull the flaps like a man and get that loop fed through those grommets the tough way. Or why would you use a vacuum cleaner instead of a broom and dustpan?
Since the development of psycho packing, I have packed countless thousands of demo canopies that way, shown hundreds of people how to do it (with many compliments and thanks from jumpers even years later), and I have packed my own sport and tandem mains without any malfunctions or canopy wear or damage.
To the original poster, you don't need a bridle extension; simply pull the attachment point of your canopy out of the roll far enough to allow fully cocking the pilot chute. We originally thought the extension to be important, but time and experience have shown otherwise.

Apparently the techniques that some have mastered to get it in the bag are perhaps not so easy to master. The method is somewhat popular, even by those who don't need to do it. The psycho pack certainly does seem to keep everything more 'in place/orderly'.

Bofh makes a valid point about not putting so much sweat on the canopy, the salts are not good for the canopy.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I can get the canopy in the bag, which ever packing technique I choose to use. However, I still prefer the psycho pack. It is easier, and quicker to bag, but the main reason is that it is easier on my lower back, which is less than in good shape. Controlling a pro pack with my knee, which I can do, is murder on my back.

As for the bridal extension, I do use one but as it has been said it is not a must. I made mine so can't help you as to where to find one. Another thing I have been questioned on many times; NO, the bridal extension does not get in the way of pro packing. I pack about 50% of the time and I have never had a packer fuss about the extension, nor had any issues with such pack jobs.

Sigh..

I see no benefit. This is not a broom and dustpan vs vacuum cleaner comparison.

I can already tie my shoelaces. I don't need a machine to tie them for me, or some other aid. I can do it.

I can pack too. There is no name for my pack job, and no one else I've ever seen packs the way I do. It's a kind of "teach yourself and see" method I developed in the mid 80's, and it's worked on everything since then with no flaking, quartering, rolling or anything else.

I'm happy you like the way you pack.

I like the way I pack too.

Now leave me alone. Please.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

Thanks for the reply, beezy.

I wish the name for this packing method was less bizzare; I look at as basically just a rolled-up pro-pack.

I will try to pull the attachment point out some more, but I just think the distance from the attachment point to the dbag is a bit too short when the PC is fully cocked. Even when I put a knot in my bridle, the kill line mark has a habit of sliding out of the window. If I get ambitious, I will try to post a pic of how it looks right before I bag it.
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".

Long before Psycho packing was invented, I learned the rolling step.
When ZP fabric became fashionable, I gave up on the whole "Z" fold concept. ... my hands are simply not big enough or strong enough to control all that slippery nylon.
Bottom line, Psycho-rolling is still the easiest way - that I know of - to "bag" a new canopy.

>Since I have no difficulty getting a canopy in the bag, I see no benefit.

I usually do a non-flipped pack job (similar to a standard pro-pack) but occasionally use a psycho pack when faced with something odd, like a brand new 230 square foot Pilot or something. It's just another tool in the arsenal, useful for larger/slipperier canopies.

Which way did the Saber 1 go??

I jumped mine twice this past weekend.

The history books bro, how many people have been slammed by those things, were da bomb in thier Once you get a new canopy you will see.
;)
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Which way did the Saber 1 go??

I jumped mine twice this past weekend.

The history books bro, how many people have been slammed by those things, were da bomb in thier Once you get a new canopy you will see.
;)

I have a new canopy... a Sabre2 in my new rig & a Classic-Sabre in my old one.

OBTW, IMO, yes, Classic-Sabres opened hard from time to time, I can atest to that, but they're not as bad as their rep perpetuated by rumor would indicate... but but... that's a different topic... ;):P

I'd never try to tell someone with a million more jumps than I that my packing method is better than theirs. But, I love the psycho pack. I've got a 170 canopy that I'm putting into a 150 bag. When that canopy was new I had a nightmare of a time trying to get it to fit. It was a hard opening canopy to start with, and after messing things up trying to cram it into that little bag, it was slamming the hell out of me on most openings. I still have neck problems, and other aches and pains from those days.

So, I learned how to psycho pack and it just fit in there so easily that I've never gone back to the standard pro pack. My openings are nice and soft now also (with that same canopy), because everything stays in place when I cram it in that little bag.

I have two rigs. One has a bridle extension (that I sewed up), and the other has none. They both pack up fine, so maybe you won't need an extension...Steve1