leroydb

WITNESSED A POSSIBLE SHOOTING (Fayetteville, NC| near ft bragg)

So on my way to work I see something that isnt quite right.

I see a body lying in the middle of the road and a cop standing right behind it.

The officer was pointing his weapon at another individual in a car while another hoodlum was standing nonchalant with his hands in his pockets like nothing was going on...

More to follow when I hear about it on the news...

PS... Sometimes, I swear I feel safer while I am deployed to Afghanistan...
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

So on my way to work I see something that isnt quite right.

I see a body lying in the middle of the road and a cop standing right behind it.

What do ya mean...'isn't quite right'

....That's SOP for a Monday in Fatal-Ville! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Back in the day it was called Fayette Nam

Still is bro. Sadly the firefly louge is out of operation... No more easy to hit on 40+ yr old women (with diseases)...
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

For it's size, Fayetteville is a rough ass town.

Look on the bright side, you could be in Gary, IN. B|

No kidding about Gary, Indiana. THAT place is a hole full of shit and needs to be filled in completely!!! Just driving through the freakin place is S-gary enough, but I had to stop in that town and actually work. My cohort was armed, but that didn't do much for my comfort level...
I don't want to make all the decisions because if I screw up, then I can't blame it on you...

> East St. Louis!

Ah yes. I spent a month in Cahokia one day last year.

How in the hell do you spend a month in one day??? :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Why the hell were you in Cahokia?

Also E.St.Louis is really not that bad. Now brooklyn or Venice or Washington Park...that's bad. I've worked in all of these towns by the way. I would feel safe walking through East St. any time....NOT in the other towns.

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

Why the hell were you in Cahokia?

Also E.St.Louis is really not that bad. Now brooklyn or Venice or Washington Park...that's bad. I've worked in all of these towns by the way. I would feel safe walking through East St. any time....NOT in the other towns.

Not that BAD!?!?!:o

Remind me to show ya the bullet hole in my hip! :S

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Hey, SLC is not a bad town. I would rather be there than Sumter SC

What? Its not that bad... there are some nice A's around that area to hop off of...
Leroy

PS... Sometimes, I swear I feel safer while I am deployed to Afghanistan...

I've been to Fayetteville once. Once. :|

I was a bit put off by the bull snake that was alongside the road I was walking...I was more afraid of him than the rest of the God-forsaken place. [:/]

LeRoy, there are shootings everywhere, though...one of the banks I trained opened their doors to a headless body in their parking lot...there were some 'pretty' girls in tiny little miniskirts always hanging around the bank, it was weird...I noticed the VERY SAME GIRLS walking around when I'd come out of that bank after completing training that lasted a few hours! :o

Then the bankers told me that they were the resident hookers. :| They banked there; deposited cash into their accounts regularly...:S -yes I'm naive.

That wasn't a 'ghetto' area. It wasn't run-down; hell we lived in the apartments down the hill (and I had to throw the babies in the back room when I heard gunfire in front of our door once). I had to yell at my then-brother in law to get in the truck fast at a gas station across the street from that same bank as a fight broke out and I saw metal flash...

It's not one of 'those' areas; nothing run-down and cracked out about it. It's right up the street from some really high-end sound-view homes...I just didn't get it. [:/]

We moved out...but it continues. You know Fayetteville is the same as all the other army posts pretty much! (At least when I was in...but that was years ago. :$) It seems hospital or army post = SHITTY neighborhoods surrounding. [:/]

Even Ft. Gordon, which was a spiffy tradoc post, had some nasty parts right outside the gates, as I recall...:S

I don't see why the local police can't clean up the erm, 'houses of ill repute' and the like? I mean damn...if they're looking for big headlines and big busts (haha!! I made a funny!!! :D) all they'd need to do is clean up within 5 miles of every army post...:|
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I did about 19 months there back in the late 70's. Bad back then, too.

Hey, as long as I got you on the line, can you do me a favor? See if they still got my stereo at Park-N-Pawn? Or my Nikon at the Zodiak Pawn Shop and Botique? (Both real businesses)
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

Care for walk through memphis?

I don't mean beale street either.B|

You know., I saw the ghost of Elvis, down on Union Avenue. Followed him up to the Gates of Graceland, watched him walk right through...

;)

You know., I saw the ghost of Elvis, down on Union Avenue. Followed him up to the Gates of Graceland, watched him walk right through...

;)

You'd better stop playing with those tasers!!!! :D~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

;)

But did the security see him, or were they just huddled around his tomb? ;)
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706