mostwanted

security: Vector I vs. Vector II

I'm not saying that your advice is bad (it actually makes sense)

Then maybe I should make him a moderator here... ;)

Your thoughts? Sangrio, your thought's also?

Sure. You've got the cat by the tail. Phree doesn't moderate this forum. As a participant in these forums and someone with a keen interest in rigging and working towards his ticket he's more than welcome to offer his opinion here.

And my final thought: Even if you actually did get it right, you would have been better off actually discussing the issue rather than challenging his credentials.

All is well in the land of Phreezone vs Riggermick (we've communicated).

I don't believe it was an attack (it was never intended to be) but more of a observation. I was just curious how it all goes down.

As for "attacking" someones credentials I, and others feel that it is a legitamate question to ask an individual posting under color of authority what their qualifications are. If they (their qualifications) are not plainly listed the advice/ order given is ambigious at best, weather it be an under cover officer, doctor, a rigger or a moderator. I now (as I'm sure many others who do not wish to name themselves) now understand the "green screen" of moderators is not forum specfic.

Maybe cross forum color change could be a feature in the future to avoid any type of confusion, what say ye?:ph34r:

There was never disrespect intended and (I hope) none was conveyed, if there was I appologize as that was not my intent. That's it.

Mick Cottle.
Play safe.
Sth California USA.

If you think RWS/UPT doesn't know what they do, stop jumping 3 ring release, handdeployed, hardhousings etc etc etc.

It's just that with your credentials, most people would not take your serious if you made a comment on lack of knowledge on UPT/RWS side.
The trouble with skydiving; If you stink at it and continue to jump, you'll die. If you're good at it and continue to jump, you'll see a lot of friends die...

Currently in another post some one is talking about how Wings assembled a riser backwards for them. All the manufactors are capable of making a mistake during manufactoring, that is why it is important for a complete inspection to be done by a rigger at each repack. Mistakes like a short RSL or incorrect bartacks, or improperly set grommets can be missed at the factory and having more sets of eyes looking over a rig is a good thing. Your rigger should be taking more time on the inpection of the canopy and container then they do on the repack to try to catch issues before they cause a problem for the jumper.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

That was only my opinion. It was very bad example of their work and I learned a lot of this.

Your right, that Bill Booth guy doesn't know squat about skydiving equipment!!! :S :ph34r: :o
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Actually, Phoenix, as folks up-thread have said very well, a V1 or V2 isn't necessisarily a bad rig nor "should you have to be really broke" to consider one. Certainly freeflying brings a lot of unique considerations when chooing a rig... but its not all about freeflying... a V2 would be perfecly acceptable for wingsuit flying & ecinomical, say for example... is that you in a wingsuit in your avaitar?

Anyway, just wanted to point out to anyone coming into this thread late to go back up-post and read what's been said. Lots of good rig / gear / rigging info there from folks qualified to speak on the subject... and some other stuff to weed through.

a V2 would be perfecly acceptable for wingsuit flying & ecinomical, say for example... is that you in a wingsuit in your avaitar?

Yeah. Some people choose their rig, some people were chosen. Try to get into the first group. You see it right and you can see from my profile I own a VectorII and I do not freefly, because I should not. Main pin cover opens quite frequently. I've seen people flying a V2 on CRW. I would not buy it again.

I dont wanna deal with people who dont know what they do!

Clearly your buddy had a bad experience with the Relative Workshop, and we are all entitled to take our buisiness where we choose, however...

It's your first year in the sport, and you have a whopping 50ish jumps, so I'll forgive a little lack of perspective. Perhaps you should research the history of the Relative Workshop a little before making such accusations. They are arguably responsible for more life-saving innovations in skydiving than any other manufacturer EVER, and they continue to innovate to this day. A short list of huge accomplishments include the 3-ring release, the first production tandem rig, and the skyhook. There are many, many smaller items that I could list.
"Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission."

I believe that Strong had his tandem on the market far before Booth did.

Right/wrong??????

I've been trying to find an answer to this, but so far I've only got info on the strong. The strong was first jumped as a system in 1983, a waiver was obtained from the FAA allowing it's use in 1984, and the patent issued 1987.

All I've been able to find on RWS is that they obtained their FAA waiver in 1984 also, and there is a headline from skydiving magazine in 1985 saying that RWS developed a new tandem canopy.

So it looks like they really were developed simultaneously, and they probably each hit the market within a year or so of each other... I'll take my hits for not double-checking that one first.

However, I can add the throw-out pilot chute and the first truly freefly-friendly rig to the list. Oh, and a whole list of small developments that went into the sigma tandem.
"Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission."