FallingDuck

Relationship Question

Yeah I would say the year mark shows a long term relationship these days. If you have been together and faithful for a year then it shows commitment, it shows loyalty, it shows trust exists within the relationship or it would have failed earlier. When you pass the 2 year mark " long term serious relationship" I wish that people would take their relationships more seriously, and honestly. -Suzanne
I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being
right.

The term "long term relationship" is an abitrary construct simply made to make you feel guilty.

A month is simply 30 or so days. Also an arbitrary construct to divide a year into approximately 12 equal portions and a completely arbitrary number in itself.

A year is simply a trip around the sun. Certainly nothing special about that either.

Why even put a label on it? What possible purpose could it serve?

It's a trap.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The term "long term relationship" is an abitrary construct simply made to make you feel guilty.

A month is simply 30 or so days. Also an arbitrary construct to divide a year into approximately 12 equal portions and a completely arbitrary number in itself.

A year is simply a trip around the sun. Certainly nothing special about that either.

Why even put a label on it? What possible purpose could it serve?

It's a trap.

the Cynical stylings of Paul Quade, ladies and Gentlmen, Paul will be here all week:D:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Yea ! And if you were smart & planned ahead like me, you bought front row seats, for each performance, in advance! Encore, Encore!B|
*My Inner Child is A Fucking Prick Too!
*Everyones entitled to be stupid but you are abusing the priviledge
*Well I'd love to stay & chat, But youre a total Bitch! {Stewie}

I agree with quade. It's not a matter of time; it's a matter of the heart.

I agree. I think it's more of an issue of commitment. I've seen people date for years with no real commitment - and in my book, that doesn't get too many points. Commitment brings responsibility and accountability into the relationship, that brings trust. You but those together, and chances are that you won't be getting dumped any time soon.
=========Shaun ==========

Its not a matter of time that can be measured with a clock or a calendar, it is matter of time as you sense it.

If every moment you spend together seems like an eternity - you're in a long term relationship >:(
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

I'm not sure about the phrase "long-term" and don't think anyone could nail it down as a specific amount of time. For a person who bounces from one partner to the next, a couple of months could be considered long-term, whereas a person who primarily participates in more committed relationships could see a couple of months as a fling. I think a relationship becomes "serious" when your perspectives evolve to approach things as a team rather than as individuals.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

For me, any woman I don't have to use restraints on after 7 days.;)

Stitch....you are such a tease.:o:):o:)
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Aren't you a newly-wed?? :P
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Aren't you a newly-wed?? :P

Yep...officially off the market, but that doesn't mean that I don't like to be tied up - I am married, not dead!:o:$:o:$:o:$
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

I have to agree with Bolas.

Other than that give it 50-60 years, a couple of kids and then see what you think.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

the Cynical stylings of Paul Quade, ladies and Gentlmen, Paul will be here all week:D:D:D:D

Cynical? Me? ;)

I simply state the truths that other men dare not speak. I see it as "taking one for the team."
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

If every moment you spend together seems like an eternity - you're in a long term relationship

Now.....THAT is cynical.

Are you opening for Paul this week ? :)

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

If every moment you spend together seems like an eternity - you're in a long term relationship

Now.....THAT is cynical.

Are you opening for Paul this week ? :)

Paul is just an amateur cynic compared to me - I have years of experience on him >:(
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy