skymama

Clocks gone wild

I woke up this morning, looked at the clock and it said 8:00. I thought that was strange because I never sleep that late and it looked pretty dark outside still. I turned on my Blackberry and that also said 8:00.

Then, I wandered out into the kitchen and the microwave and cable box said 7:00! I rubbed my eyes again, thinking I must still be half-asleep, but it still said 7:00!

Not knowing which device to trust, I had the great idea of looking at my watch, deciding the good ol' non-electronic thing would tell me the truth. It said 1:30! :S Then, I rubbed my eyes again and realized I had it upside down. It said 7:00. :$

I'm figuring this was the day we were supposed to have daylight savings before Congress changed it and my clock and Blackberry were preset when I bought them. Anyone else have that kind of weird moment this morning?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

If you meet up with Marty and the Professor, go for a ride in the DeLorean.

I'd like to get with those guys and go back in time... so I can kick Ben Franklin right square in tha butt for starting 'daylight savings time'!>:(

Chuck

Yay!!! My computer time is finally right! It's been driving me nuts. All is right in the world now. :)

linz

Really? I mean, my co-workers were all anticipating their computers failing to change time at the correct (new) interval this year. I waited for mine to follow suit, but it changed time exactly when it should have and keeps on ticking just right today. No problem.

Guess Steve Jobs did another thing right.....B|

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I thought we changed the clocks a couple weeks back?

We did, and I changed all my clocks. My bedroom clock and Blackberry have minds of their own!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

THAT would explain why my VCR clock was screwed up this morning.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I'm old Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeg!!!!
Do you love me?

Ew, ew, ew! Don't remind me of that!

It might have been Old Greggs clock.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I thought we changed the clocks a couple weeks back?

We did, and I changed all my clocks. My bedroom clock and Blackberry have minds of their own!

The new daylight savings isn't programmed into the blackberry. They might have a code update for it.

Windows update provided a patch for the new daylight savings time change months ago. If the time on a windws computer just finally updated, it's probably way past due for security updates anyway.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Some devices are hard-wired with the old DST schedule, so that's what happened to you. They all changed time on the old schedule.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You may want to update your blackberry, or go through the same thing again this fall... and next year... and next fall... and the spring after that... and the fall after that... then the sp- ... nevermind, you will lose your blackberry in an all cooking-for-thanksgiving binge because you had too much wine. In an unrelated note, the turkey will be unusually crunchy.

EDIT: http://www.blackberry.com/DST2007/patch/index2.shtml
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

You may want to update your blackberry, or go through the same thing again this fall... and next year... and next fall... and the spring after that... and the fall after that... then the sp- ... nevermind, you will lose your blackberry in an all cooking-for-thanksgiving binge because you had too much wine. In an unrelated note, the turkey will be unusually crunchy.

EDIT: http://www.blackberry.com/DST2007/patch/index2.shtml

Gimme an A

Gimme a D

Gimme another D . . . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

in an all cooking-for-thanksgiving binge because you had too much wine.

I think that's a regular weekend for her...

She cooks every weekend like it's thanksgiving?!? That's awesome! Think she'll marry me?

Oh look! Something shiny! I'm gonna go ride bikes!
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

Nice to see others have the DST blues.

The kitchen clock reads 12:55. My computer reads 1:55. My Blackberry just buzzed and told me I have a call in five minutes, because it ALSO reads 1:55. Somehow my Bang&Olufsen home phones managed to set themselves BACK an hour to 11:55.

It's the new Y2K bug, except apparently, no one cared.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

I've got an alarm clock that auto sets the time based on the signals it gets from the wall outlet. It wasn't corrected for the change in daylight savings time, but I was able to fix it by setting it to central time instead of pacific time. There isn't a way to set it manually.

I got home around midnight last night and noticed that my alarm clock was off an hour compared to my auto set atomic clock that works on long range radio sent out from Colorado or something like that. I set it back to pacific time and now everything is back to normal. The two clocks do differ by about 5 minutes though.

I was pissed that my VCR was off by an hour and didn't record the shows I had it programmed for a few weeks ago. That is supposed to auto set, but I don't think it works with the digital cable box I have.