Buried

Favorite fantasy movie chartacter(s)?

Ludo is quite cool, as are many of the characters in that movie.

You left out skexys or however you friggen spell them, oh and those cool long leg bunny rabbit things that the gelflings rode.

I dont' think I can pick a favorite. I'd have to say anything Jim Henson made or helped make was awesome.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

How can any list like this NOT have Leeloo on it??[:/]

5th Element is typically classified as Sci-Fi by most people, so it excludes her from fantasy film category.

5th Element should never be classified as Sci-fi.
Fantasy IS the correct category.

Sci-fi takes a scientific concept and expands on it, usually to a horrific yet logical conclusion. Hence the name Sci-fi (SCIENCE fiction).

Fantasy makes no such commitment to being based in any reality.

2001, I Robot and Star Trek = Sci-fi
Star Wars, 5th Element and Dune = Fantasy

Now that we have that established . . . Princess Leia in that slave costume . . . yeah . . . that was the best Carrie Fisher EVER looked.

Next up . . . Callisto from Xena.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

5th Element is typically classified as Sci-Fi by most people, so it excludes her from fantasy film category.

Sci-fi takes a scientific concept and expands on it, usually to a horrific yet logical conclusion. Hence the name Sci-fi (SCIENCE fiction).

2001, I Robot and Star Trek = Sci-fi Science Fiction
Star Wars, 5th Element and Dune = Fantasy Sci-Fi to be fair Trek is Sci-Fi too...

Now that we have that established . . . Princess Leia in that slave costume . . . yeah . . . that was the best Carrie Fisher EVER looked.

you are confusing 'sci-fi' (rhymes with iffy and means it has little 'science' in it) with Science Fiction...

and yes I am paraphrasing Harlen Ellison.. If anyone is qualified to more accurately define the TWO genres (Sci-Fi and Science Fiction) it is him....

but the list is flawed anyway... Chewbacca is on it which is clearly Sci-Fi, not Fantasy...

2001, I Robot and Star Trek = Sci-fi
Star Wars, 5th Element and Dune = Fantasy

I agree with your assessment of Sci-Fi but as I said most people classify movies that are in the future and have space ships, Sci-Fi. Not to say that most people aren't wrong.
Muff Brother #4026
Loco Zapatos Rodriguez
SCR #14793

You left out skexys or however you friggen spell them, oh and those cool long leg bunny rabbit things that the gelflings rode.

Its spelled "Skeksis",(I cheated and looked on the back of the DVD).The rabbit things are Land Striders.But my fav from Dark Crystal has to be Fizgig!!:D

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

Ash. . .Army of Darkness.

Possessed Witch: You found me beautiful once...
Ash: Honey, you got reeeal ugly!

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln