kelel01

I am so mean to telemarketers . . .

I always let them go ALL THE WAY through their speil (I mean, I'm at work and getting paid for it, so why the hell not), and THEN I tell them I'm not interested.

That's not mean. You're giving them the benefit of the doubt by giving them a chance to hear them out. :|

What's the most you ever lost in a coin toss, Friendo?

Take full advantage of the situation. After the speil, tell them to hold on while you get a pen and some paper. Then put the phone down (not on hold) and walk away. After a few minutes of wasting their time they will hang up.

I used to act interested and get them excited. Then I set the phone down and walk away.

But now I'm on the "do not call list" at home. Here at the office I never get any calls like that.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

It's been ages since I've had a land line but when we did, I was always nice to telemarketers.

Recently, I've started getting these recording calls on my cell phone--now THAT pisses me off.>:(

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I always let them go ALL THE WAY through their spiel (I mean, I'm at work and getting paid for it, so why the hell not), and THEN I tell them I'm not interested. I derive a great amount of entertainment from that. :D

But I'm not a telemarketer. [:/]
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

I found a script to use with telemarketers. I think I found it here, but I'm too lazy to search for it. It was hilarious. I kept asking the guy all these crazy questions I had on a piece of paper. Finally, he just said, "Ya yanking my chain, aren't ya?" "Yep!" We both laughed before he hung up.

steveOrino

Recently, I've started getting these recording calls on my cell phone--now THAT pisses me off.>:(

I used to get those, but then I started screaming at the recording and somehow I stopped receiving them. I like to think that the recording also recorded my voice. Then the big evil telemarketing company listened and got scared to call me again. :D
Muff Brother #4026
Loco Zapatos Rodriguez
SCR #14793

I usually go with the phonesex angle, asking them what they're wearing, what color their hair is, what would they do to me, what I'd like to do to them, etc... Of course that was all back when I had a land line. I didn't give the number out, so whenever it rang, I knew what it was and could answer accordingly. :D

Blues,
Dave

"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I admit, I shouted pretty loudly at the recording, too, last time the machine called.:D

There are three different #s I've noticed, all with the same recording, but different guy's name/voice. Same shpiel. >:(

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I ran over a squirrel this morning. It wasnt on purpose and I feel bad about it. Two little squirrels were playing in the street chasing each other, and I ran over one of them. Probably the one who was chasing the tail.

But if you do such innovative circumstances, isn't he likely to rebel aginst the freezer compartment??
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Was as cute as this squirrel? I sure hope not... squirrels can be cute little furry creatures.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Were you exposed to a lot of lead-based paint as a child?

No.

Just a mild exposure to the hippie.:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Why?

haha! YES!

I didn't open Slappie's attachment cause its probably a shark. I've long ago caught on to his wicked ways! :P

Me? wicked? No way! Someone lies! I was just posting a squirrel picture so you could feel bad about killing one. ;)