Andy_Copland

Have You Ever Jumped Under The Influence?

No, and if I know youre fucked up and try to get on the plane with me. One of two things are gonna happen, youre not going, or Im not going.

I have no patience for that kind of stupidity.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Does jumping with a hangover count? I'm sure most of us here have done that a few times. Then of course there is the "still drunk" morning. I think I have done that a couple times. (no, i'm not proud of it once I realized it.) You wake up, grab coffee, manifest, grab first load, jump, land, walk back and realize... hey, i'm still drunk........... sweet!!!!!
Goggles and Teeth

"You fall like a greased safe!!!"

I used to snort rails of cocaine and pound a bottle of Wild Turkey Rare Breed. During the canopy right down, I'd drink a vial of liquid acid. It made the landing so much more fun.

What? No strawberry quick??? Pussy:P
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

No, and if I know youre fucked up and try to get on the plane with me. One of two things are gonna happen, youre not going, or Im not going.

I have no patience for that kind of stupidity.

Right on dude! Time enough for that shit when the jumpings done.
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

As a former ski patroller, I have seen what too much alcohol can do at the ski resorts to know jumping after drinking is NOT such a smart idea.

However …

What is the secret to success in freefall? Relaxing … that’s at least one of the secrets. What helps you relax? Yoga … for the granola crowd. But a little weed also helps you relax. However while being relaxed is good for freefall, being overly relaxed come opening and/or flying one’s canopy isn’t always such a good idea. We need our wits about us up there. So while I have had good success in the past helping my freefall skills, I have the potential to put myself in danger if and when I fly high performance approaches if I am too relaxed. So after a close call a couple of years ago, I decided to smoke the wacky tabaccy only after my jumping day is over.

Finally ... there are a few world class skydivers (names will obviously not be revealed) who regularly smoke and it doesn't negatively effect their jumping whatsoever ... in fact in some it might be helping them. So careful who people judge. They just might be judging some of the best skydivers out there.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I would never jump under the influence but I do know so world class skydivers as well that jump under the influence and say they are their best when doing so. I dont judge because I know they know what the heck they are doing but if I saw someone that was not so good doing so I wouldnt be on that load.
Breathe out so I can breathe you in...

Under influence... don't think so. Hangover certainly. Nothing cures a mild hangover like a big blast of fresh air and a hit of adrenaline..... if you can survive the stench of the aircraft fuel without being sick! :D

I've occasionally considered getting fairly drunk (which for me is three beers or so) and getting in a tunnel just to see how I perform differently. What's the difference in what I perceive, how fast I can move, how coordinated I am etc. Someday when I have some time (and money) to waste I may try it.

Back in the day me and two other friends would hop in a friends 182 and smoke one under canopy while doing a cross country....
Hey at least the only people we could hurt were ourselves (well maybe a few corn stalks) HAHAHA
But that was in the young and dumb dayz :$

HAVE FUN...
...JUST DONT DIE