Cashmanimal

How long do we let it go?...

So, I got myself this girl. We have been friends for some time now (letting her recover from a horrific past relationship). I won't get too mushy or detailed, but she is amazing. We even have the same sense of humor, which if you know me in person is quite a unique thing.

Anyway, we have basically known for quite some time we were gonna be together, just when she was ready. About a month ago, she came around and things have been even more amazing! But now, the whole point...

There is another guy who has been obsessed with her for quite some time as well. When he learned of her "single" status recently, he began barraging her with calls, myspace yadda yadda, instant messaging... you name it. He thinks he has her in the bag, basically. She went to his birthday party this weekend, and he even introduced her to a few other guys as his girlfriend.

Well she and I have just been layin' back, watchin this poor guy. She has made it pretty obvious that she has no interest in him past being old high school friends. She says she even heard him talking at the party about how he "beat some other guy" (me) "to the punch, and now she's mine."

How long do we let this game go on until we crush this poor guy? I mean, he sounds like a fragrant asshole, but at the same time, there should be a bit of a limit... don't wanna scar him or anything.

I attached a photo of the new girly, since the credo of "no picture, it didn't happen" seems to apply to all aspects of a skydiver's life...
It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

Did you post her picture with permission?

I gotta agree with Lisa, that young lady is very pretty and with all the testosterone filled skydivers on dz.com posting her picture could be dangerous !!! ;) Does she know you're posting tantalizing pictures of her?
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

There is another guy who has been obsessed with her for quite some time as well. When he learned of her "single" status recently, he began barraging her with calls, myspace yadda yadda, instant messaging... you name it. He thinks he has her in the bag, basically. She went to his birthday party this weekend, and he even introduced her to a few other guys as his girlfriend.

Well she and I have just been layin' back, watchin this poor guy. She has made it pretty obvious that she has no interest in him past being old high school friends. She says she even heard him talking at the party about how he "beat some other guy" (me) "to the punch, and now she's mine."

No further comment.
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

How long do we let this game go on until we crush this poor guy?
I mean, he sounds like a fragrant asshole, but at the same time, there should be a bit of a limit... don't wanna scar him or anything.

I attached a photo of the new girly, since the credo of "no picture, it didn't happen" seems to apply to all aspects of a skydiver's life...

I hope you 2 will be vwery appy together:S:S:S:S
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Yeah, she has no problem with it....

But just to be safe, here's "casual" one... a picture where we both look horrendously awkward. Candy apples in San Francisco... she would be far left, that's my goofy ass on the bottom.
It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

I have less of an issue with you posting a pic, especially since she has apprently given permission.
My concern lies with you and her PLAYING GAMES with people. I'll make the assumption that you are both fairly young and put it down to youthfull arrogance and ignorance
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

it's not so much 'playing games.' I could have said that better.

Like I said, she has made it pretty clear she wants nothing to do with him. I don't even know this guy. Never talked to him in my life. But I don't wanna be the "back the fuck off" guy, because she IS friends with him, and she doesn't wanna resort to basically the same thing, for the same reason.

On one hand, it's fun to watch him keep insisting she is his, when she clearly isn't. But on the other hand, he seems reasonably nice, and I don't wanna see the guy get destroyed.

So basically the question was does one of us just intervene and potentially ruin (that's how serious he is) their friendship, or try to just let him burn out on the idea.

So basically the question was does one of us just intervene and potentially ruin (that's how serious he is) their friendship, or try to just let him burn out on the idea.

If you 2 are a couple why not sit dow with him and explain that he has obviously got his wires crossed. do it as a couple and there is no illusions then, allow her to explain to him that she likes him as a friend but you are the guy she is with.
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

If you 2 are a couple why not sit dow with him and explain that he has obviously got his wires crossed. do it as a couple and there is no illusions then, allow her to explain to him that she likes him as a friend but you are the guy she is with.

Good idea !
```````````````````````````````````
" Cant keep a good woman down "
Angels have wings, but devils can fly !

On the face of it, apparently she's taking both of you for a ride. But that's a harsh assessment knowing as little as we do.

I vote for the nekkid pics.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

On the face of it, apparently she's taking both of you for a ride. But that's a harsh assessment knowing as little as we do.

I vote for the nekkid pics.

Gonna have to stand with POPS on this one...[:/]

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

she has made it pretty clear she wants nothing to do with him.

She went to a party with him....;)

Yeah, but this was before he got creepy and started assuming with things. She went because she is his friend, and didn't think she was going to be leaving as his girlfriend...

I lobbied the idea that we should talk to him together and help explain, because I consider myself to be a nice guy and think it might make him feel a bit better to at least know I am not some random douchebag.

The only complication is I will be leaving for a little over a month for travel... and I leave in two days. Not leaving us much time, since all of that time will be devoted to finals... and HE is gone until the day after I leave....

Bummer. Thanks for some meaningful input, though. It's always good to hear what more than two people can come up with as a solution...