skyejumper

What's your favorite dog breed?

My favorite is American Eskimo! They are smart and can be trained easily. They are so fun too! Great dogs if you have a big fenced yard and if socialized properly, they are great with other people and other dogs too!

With that being said, I think adopting from a pound or humane society is a great thing to do! It's so sad to see pets not wanted or worse yet mistreated. When you go with a pure breed you know what personality traits you're getting. With a "mutt" you don't know for sure but lots of times it can be a really great dog!

Anyway, here's a pics of mine! I LOVE MY ESKIES!
"It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities." - A. Dumbledore

my rott is the best, nice sweet very well trained, and i do trust her around kids my niece and nephews climb all over her and she loves it, she loves to play, rotts are excellent dogs thier size and rep( not deserved but useful ) will deter some people from messing with them as well.
light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak

Boston terrier!
Friendly, incredibly smart, good-tempered, not many breed-related health problems, and super cute! oh... not yappy either.

Since that's my dog you posted the pictures of, I suppose I have to second that recommendation. ;)

It's not my fault that he's so damn cute that even I'm taking photos of him!

Lab. I've had 3 in my life. One as a kid, she was a Gold Lab, great dog. One when I first got married, also a great dog, but when moving we couldn't take him with us (also a gold lab). And now we have a black lab that's part of the family. Like one of our kids.

All the Lab's i've been around are gentle, loving, and extremely smart. Although they do seem to like to chew things (shoes, etc) but all three of mine grew out of it, and while puppies gave them a chew toy that worked mostly anyway.

Jordan

Go Fast, Dock Soft.

Here's my Rhodesians, and they are excellent companions. Very smart, and enough energy to keep you hopping!

I've always had dogs and several breeds and mutts. Best ever though was my Ridgeback.
It's a gift, I don't try to explain it.

I'm finally moving to a place with a backyard and we're trying to decide what kind of dog to get. What's your favorite breed, and why? I'd love to see photos, too! OH, we'd need a type that is kid-friendly, 'cause I wouldn't want my baby to get chomped on. :S

OP dog
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I'm finally moving to a place with a backyard and we're trying to decide what kind of dog to get. What's your favorite breed, and why? I'd love to see photos, too! OH, we'd need a type that is kid-friendly, 'cause I wouldn't want my baby to get chomped on. :S

My sraffy loves kids, he plays with them in the park even though he looks mean hes a big love bugg.
```````````````````````````````````
" Cant keep a good woman down "
Angels have wings, but devils can fly !

Please allow me to clarify something that I did not know and therefore did not mention in my previous post. The fine animal pictured is not a Parson Terrier but a true Jack Russell Terrier with an 8th generation pedigree with stricter breeding than the AKC recognized Parson Terriers. There you have it, the truth be told. All I know and care about is that I have one kick ass dog! :)

"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I'd have to say Akitas - but then I'm partial. Attached is a pic of my babies. :)
However, a lot of it has to deal with the pup's parents disposition, the pups disposition, how your raise your pup (i.e. puppy training classes, socialization, veterinarian visits, etc.). Whichever breed you choose - be it a wonderful and loving mutt from your local rescue or if you go to a breeder - do your research on the breed.

For example, do not get a lab if you're expecting a calm lap dog. Do not get a Min Pin if you're expecting to be able to rough house with the pup, etc. :)
Good luck.

Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

My favorite is the Border Collie mixed with a Lab. I've had three over the years and loved them dearly. They have the best of each breed and make wonderful companions.

Not too big, not too obsessive, very athetic, very intelligent, eager to please, great with kids, and they're good looking too.

Great thread, it's fun seeing everyone elses best friends.